PDA

View Full Version : Handles need to bend easy

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
12-04-2010, 07:13 PM
I have just had my trailer modified by my old man so that my mowers are now fully locked up and sealed in form theft and weather.

The problem though when he made the area to put the mowers in one it is not long enough 2 not high enough. So i have to bend the handles in the middle 2/3 where it bends there. Problem with that is it takes a bit of mucking around untightening and retightening it.

I used to have a mower that had a piece that you pulled out and tiwsted and it came loose to bend the handles over and then you would twist it and push it to retighten cant remember which mower it was or which brand but the same set up on the honda would solve my problem.

Where to by these leaver screw things i dont know any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
12-04-2010, 07:29 PM
This one has got the handle bending things im talking about

SouthCoast Walker
12-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Most Victa mowers have these, any mower shop should stock them, just a matter of adapting them to the honda.

geoff1969
12-04-2010, 07:41 PM
This one has got the handle bending things im talking about

think there called preasure latches ????? you are talking about the green latches ???any mower shop should have them there not expensive most of the rover mowers used to use them ..

Andy B
12-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Not sure if it'll help but my rover has a single quick release on one side and a bar across to the other side. Even easier. ;)

courty
12-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Cam locks,similar to quick release skewers on bicycles.

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
12-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Thanks fellas ill check out the victa and rover dealers tomorrow see if i can find something that will work.

Wattle GC
13-04-2010, 10:06 AM
I have just had my trailer modified by my old man so that my mowers are now fully locked up and sealed in form theft and weather.

The problem though when he made the area to put the mowers in one it is not long enough 2 not high enough. So i have to bend the handles in the middle 2/3 where it bends there. Problem with that is it takes a bit of mucking around untightening and retightening it.

I used to have a mower that had a piece that you pulled out and tiwsted and it came loose to bend the handles over and then you would twist it and push it to retighten cant remember which mower it was or which brand but the same set up on the honda would solve my problem.

Where to by these leaver screw things i dont know any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

This would have been a Rover you are talking about..You can buy the pressure toggles as spare part from a 560 pro cut Rover

administrator
13-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Believe it or not i did see some in Bunnings awhile ago .

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
16-04-2010, 03:36 PM
I got some from the mower shop. Genuine victa where 29 each i got after market for 14. The rover and masport ones dont work as they make there bars so the piece is flat.