PDA

View Full Version : New HONDA UMK425 BRUSHCUTTER $470

administrator
07-05-2010, 09:44 AM
BRAND NEW HONDA UMK425 BRUSHCUTTER
- umk425 owner's manual
- original receipt (purchased in April 2010 - dealer won't accept refund)
- harness and everything
- I already have a decent brushcutter and have no idea why I bought another one
- has not touched grass

SELLING PRICE $470 (purchased for $619)

Ray 0430 911 681 BRISBANE

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
07-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Thats a good price but i already have 2 and no spare cash at the moment

Wombat Garden Services
07-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Sell it on Ebay, probably get more than $470 (that's really cheap) :i dunno:

Andy B
07-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Sshh help a brother out. :) If only I'd seen this two weeks ago my brother would of snapped it up. He was looking at a bent shaft for $419 and I talked him out of it for a straight shaft instead.

jumpnut
20-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Is it still for sale?

Lawnmowing Dandenong
20-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Is the honda brusshcutter still for sale

ian
20-05-2010, 10:32 PM
can i suggest you try ringing Ray 0430 911 681 BRISBANE and ask

Andy B
20-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Long way Dandenong to Brisbane though. :sad:

administrator
18-02-2011, 10:02 AM
How many of you guys use a Honda umk425 brushcutter

imoww
30-09-2011, 10:26 PM
I thought nearly everyone uses them. Pretty popular in Sydney

Redeye
01-10-2011, 12:07 PM
I've found them bloody awful, heavy, bad ergonomics and underpowered

imoww
14-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Dude....
They are the bees knees..... Very powerful. never have to pull full throttle. First start every time, even when cold.
Reliable too. (Im talking about the original Honda too. Not Chinese copys)

I've found them bloody awful, heavy, bad ergonomics and underpowered

courty
14-05-2013, 08:38 AM
I thought nearly everyone uses them. Pretty popular in Sydney

Nope.everyone I know still prefer 2 stroke hand held equipment.

Redeye
14-05-2013, 09:24 AM
still don't like 'em ;frosty;

BSD
14-05-2013, 09:41 AM
still don't like 'em ;frosty;

After reading all the probs with chonda's hondas and poor customer service i WON'T be getting any Honda anything. They seem to be riding on an old wave that is going to die.

imoww
14-05-2013, 02:36 PM
I dont use Honda dealers anymore. They are hopeless. Poor customer service and they take ages for any repairs.

ASTRO
14-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Honda dealers have servicing price structures which are totally exclusive and cost prohibitive.I dont support the brand on any level.

BSD
14-05-2013, 09:13 PM
See this Dean from Honda???..........looks like you's lost the plot, i've been checking out many things the last 6 weeks, i think Honda just dont cut it anymore, i spoke to a motorbike dealer yesterday who sold honda mowers etc, and just seem to have a take it or leave it attidude.
Honda dealers have servicing price structures which are totally exclusive:the bird and cost prohibitive.I dont support the brand on any level.

bb1
14-05-2013, 09:29 PM
my 425 has being hanging in the garage unused for about 2 years now, bought it a few years ago, used it for 6 months, but it was under powered, ergonomically useless (seemed to be to short), just not a user friendly whippy, went back to sthil.

ian
14-05-2013, 10:27 PM
the 425 is 50mm shorter than the 435 :)

danz
15-05-2013, 07:44 PM
I have two 435s and the only problem I have had was stalling because of the lid seals. They are a little on the heavy side but once you are used to them they are great. Very reliable and quite a powerful versatile whipper snipper the 435 is in my opinion (perfect for clean ups). I have used the 425 but it was a little bit to under powered for my liking and felt a lot different to mine but in saying that it is good price for someone who likes them or wants a reliable motor.

PaulG
15-05-2013, 11:07 PM
Heavy? Come on - even the media girls can swing them around :)

http://www.turfmate.com.au/article/335/honda-press-day-wrap-up

Honda_Official_PR
17-05-2013, 02:07 PM
See this Dean from Honda???..........looks like you's lost the plot, i've been checking out many things the last 6 weeks, i think Honda just dont cut it anymore, i spoke to a motorbike dealer yesterday who sold honda mowers etc, and just seem to have a take it or leave it attidude.

Thanks for pointing this post out BSD (my name's Dylan by the way :laughing: don't worry I've been called worse!)

I can't say I agree with your statement that Honda has "lost the plot" as you mentioned, as Honda is always looking at ways to develop engineering advancements for our products. I'm sure that you can understand that for any manufacturing company this can take time, and that for Honda being a multinational company, this process can take a while. I understand that for contractors like yourselves, it's impossible for folks to see the amount of R&D goes into each product.

I think it's important to note that the UMK425 - in fact much of our 25cc handheld range - is designed with domestic users in mind, whereas the UMK435 - with the larger, more powerful, 35cc engine on board designed to give some extra grunt for contractors. Have you had the opportunity to try the UMK435? I'd be very interested to hear what your thoughts are of it.

Cheers,
Dylan

cadase
17-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Thanks for pointing this post out BSD (my name's Dylan by the way :laughing: don't worry I've been called worse!)

I can't say I agree with your statement that Honda has "lost the plot"

Cheers,
Dylan

I don't think we expected you to :)

bb1
17-05-2013, 04:38 PM
I think it's important to note that the UMK425 - in fact much of our 25cc handheld range - is designed with domestic users in mind, whereas the UMK435 - with the larger, more powerful, 35cc engine on board designed to give some extra grunt for contractors. Have you had the opportunity to try the UMK435? I'd be very interested to hear what your thoughts are of it.

Cheers,
Dylan

Dylan, I am confused, not by the fact you dont agree with us contractors, but more by your statement above about the UMK425 being for the domestic market. A couple fo points on this.

Your web site (HONDA), list the 425 under the commercial brushcutters, and this same page also has a big speel about honda powering business (hello thats not domestic). Also dont know about other contractors, but the salesman said this was commercial equipment.

Your comment is invited.

bb1
17-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Have included the link to your web site in case there is confusion, even the link says commercial

http://powerequipment.honda.com.au/Commercial_Brushcutters/UMK425L

ASTRO
17-05-2013, 08:44 PM
I would like to see the new promotional slogan from the marketing dept at honda after a full weeks hedging work with the new versa-tool 35cc with hedger attachment.

Lawn Mowing Professionals
17-05-2013, 09:35 PM
I would like to see the new promotional slogan from the marketing dept at honda after a full weeks hedging work with the new versa-tool 35cc with hedger attachment.

Power of dreams.... just not reality :laughing:

Simmo.

ian
17-05-2013, 10:09 PM
probably have to wait for a while until they've recovered enough from a weight lifting ordeal like that :)

Woodchip
28-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Dylan, I am confused, not by the fact you dont agree with us contractors, but more by your statement above about the UMK425 being for the domestic market. A couple fo points on this.

Your web site (HONDA), list the 425 under the commercial brushcutters, and this same page also has a big speel about honda powering business (hello thats not domestic). Also dont know about other contractors, but the salesman said this was commercial equipment.

Your comment is invited.

Good question....

bb1
29-05-2013, 07:34 AM
Good question....

I thought it was but I have raised other questions with Dylan as well, but he doesnt doesnt appear to want to answer them either. I nominate him as best PR marketing rep of the year. Takes the easy questions which result in a sale of product, but ignores the hard questions.

happymowin
29-05-2013, 09:49 AM
yah, but you gotta understand it from his point of view,

i bet he hasnt got anything he CAN say about a lot of stuff except to give you "the company line"

no doubt hondas seen a vast decrease in sales over the years, and dylans the poor whipping boy whos been told get over there to that mowing forum and smooth the waters a bit, tell them we love them and get us some market share back.

im gona start a thread (like a poll - can we do polls?) to ask "what brand mower are YOU using now" - i bet even 10 yrs ago most guys would a answered "honda" - but these days i reckon theyre in the minority.

so i reckon take it easy on poor dylan, he's stuck with a hard job and no doubt he's doing WHAT HE CAN to help us, but its not gonna be instant, and its ot gonna satisfy everyone. but at least honda is INTERESTED now in what we contractors think.

cheers

bb1
29-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Sorry happy have to disagree, when Honda start telling us Porkies, they are not interested, they have lost the plot. Dylan can run the party line, but he can at least give the facts, either he doesnt know his product or he is just hoping that we cant read. Why try to hide the fact that the 425 is sold as commercial, when his own web site spells it out.

South East Mowing
29-05-2013, 07:43 PM
yah, but you gotta understand it from his point of view,

i bet he hasnt got anything he CAN say about a lot of stuff except to give you "the company line"

no doubt hondas seen a vast decrease in sales over the years, and dylans the poor whipping boy whos been told get over there to that mowing forum and smooth the waters a bit, tell them we love them and get us some market share back.

im gona start a thread (like a poll - can we do polls?) to ask "what brand mower are YOU using now" - i bet even 10 yrs ago most guys would a answered "honda" - but these days i reckon theyre in the minority.

so i reckon take it easy on poor dylan, he's stuck with a hard job and no doubt he's doing WHAT HE CAN to help us, but its not gonna be instant, and its ot gonna satisfy everyone. but at least honda is INTERESTED now in what we contractors think.

cheers

yeah but I'm using Hondas made 10 years ago:laughing:195's and 215's.
I should add - they are nice and light, don't fall apart or wear away like the newer ones, gear boxes actually last 10 yrs and can be rebuilt and still probably be better than the newer ones, lack a few horses but I have that covered, easy to work on, take a beating and start without any real problems. Now if Honda wants to get back in the real game they should probably look at this!

happymowin
29-05-2013, 08:12 PM
yeah but I'm using Hondas made 10 years ago:laughing:195's and 215's.
I should add - they are nice and light, don't fall apart or wear away like the newer ones, gear boxes actually last 10 yrs and can be rebuilt and still probably be better than the newer ones, lack a few horses but I have that covered, easy to work on, take a beating and start without any real problems. Now if Honda wants to get back in the real game they should probably look at this!

lol, right there i see why they dont make them like that anymore - no ongoing sales of major parts, no turnover in new machines - whats the good of selling a contractor a bulletproof machine that lasts 10 years? geez, if they could only sell you blades (and a lot of guys buy non genuine blades now) theyd go out of business for sure, lol

DavidS
30-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Honda only want to sell us what the Americans won't buy now.

Honda_Official_PR
02-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Hi bb1 and woodchip,

Sorry for the delay in my response, for some reason I hadn't received any notification of new posts on this thread. It seems I'd gotten confused re the UMK425; You are indeed correct in pointing out that the UMK425 is designed for both commercial and domestic usage, and it was the UMS425 that I had mistakenly referred to in saying that it's geared more towards a domestic market. While even the UMS425 incorporates many of the features of the UMK425, Honda does tend to market this model toward domestic users due to its light weight, ergonomic design and price point. I hope this confusion hasn't cause any issues for you.

Cheers,
Dylan

bb1
02-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Dylan, No confusion on my part, I totally understood that commercial is commercial, and that this thread related to the UMK425 which is commercial.

The confusion appears to be with Honda,

PS. There are still a heap of unanswered questions in the Honda thread, maybe an oportunity for more confusion

imoww
17-02-2014, 05:35 PM
The newer Honda's UMK's seem to be no were as powerful as the UMK425.(Jap made)
Ive got both UMK425 and the 325 (Tiwain made) which doesnt have the same power.
Has Honda started to go backwards ?

Redeye
17-02-2014, 07:27 PM
think you'll find both engines have been chinese made for 10 years or so

imoww
17-02-2014, 07:32 PM
WOw. didnt know that. I cant understand why the newer version is not as powerful tho

m287j
17-02-2014, 08:58 PM
WOw. didnt know that. I cant understand why the newer version is not as powerful tho

Operator error. Use that Tanka.;frosty;

imoww
30-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Does anyone know what the umk425 internal shafts teeth are like?
9 teeth spline or what?

imoww
31-07-2014, 06:00 PM
I bought this today and it's been installed onto the UNK425.
Damn it's good

imoww
31-07-2014, 07:05 PM
I meant the UMK425.
I bought this today and it's been installed onto the UNK425.
Damn it's good

DavidS
01-08-2014, 08:50 AM
Now it might be a useful piece of machinery, maybe a bit heavy.

imoww
02-08-2014, 05:06 AM
Not too heavy at all.
I use a strap for allot of my hedging work anyway.

Only issue is... Now that the pole is so long, (The attachment doenst fold all the way back.) i cant fit it into the ute or trailer ...
Any ideas for a trimmer rack ? for the trailer?

Now it might be a useful piece of machinery, maybe a bit heavy.

imoww
02-08-2014, 08:01 AM
Ive found out that allot of the yankies just screw it on and off for transport.
Its only 2 screws, so shouldnt be a hassle.