PDA

View Full Version : 4 stroke mower oil

PaulG
07-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Tried too search for this but kept getting the following message in relation to the word 'oil'....so sorry if it's been covered before.

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: oil

What oil are you using for your 4 stroke engines? If you use a Honda mower do you use the 'Honda' oil or find that anything aftermarket is okay?

Wombat Garden Services
07-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Bought 5 litres of Penrite sae 30 from supercheap auto for about $31, seems fine so far :i dunno:

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
07-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Tried too search for this but kept getting the following message in relation to the word 'oil'....so sorry if it's been covered before.

What oil are you using for your 4 stroke engines? If you use a Honda mower do you use the 'Honda' oil or find that anything aftermarket is okay?

Ive used the honda stuff cause i got given some with the deal but i will just be using the aftermarket stuff which is half the price now the honda stuff is gone.

DavidS
07-05-2010, 07:24 PM
I use Penrite SAE30 in all my four strokes except for my Honda whippy, I use Honda oil in it and have so for 8 years

GreenHaven
08-05-2010, 10:49 AM
i use the honda 10w-30 in my honda engines and have starrted using the penrite sae 30 in my cox with the kohler engine. no problems so far 38.50 for 5L of the honda oil and 31 for the penrite