PDA

View Full Version : How do you install irrigation to 40 plants on a garden bed?

VJinTownsville
27-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Ive just got this munged up job from the RE agency where the previous contactors has not only half ripped the hedges but also took off with the new irrigation system.

The garden bed is 10mx20mx10m " |_| " shape. Ive just planted 40 crotons and mulched them and now just been stink-palmed the job because no one else wanted to clean up this mess! What gets me is that they waited 2 weeks while I was handwatering 40 plants before they kicked their a'sses into gear. They also told me the irrigation was to be put in asap when I finish but noooooo. but yea anyways.

The budget is under $400. The right hand bank sprinklers are still working but the other end capped off. I was wondering if I can hook up a poly pipe on the capped off bit and run off 'emitters' straight to the plant itself. I dont think theres enough pressure to run 30ms of sprayers from the same pipe as it already feeds a couple of other sprinklers on the lawn. So maybe I was thinking of doing this and run off the resulting low pressure but longer duration to give the plants enough water.

The house is to be sold and I just need to make sure the plants survive long enough. I think 2 have already died because of no getting watered. I will however get that fixed up and recouped from the irrigation pay.

Anyone on the forum know of a quick fix? Lol 2 soaker hoses from crazy clarks maybe and hooked up to the automatic sprinklers?? LOL

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
27-05-2010, 11:19 PM
Ive just got this munged up job from the RE agency where the previous contactors has not only half ripped the hedges but also took off with the new irrigation system.

The garden bed is 10mx20mx10m " |_| " shape. Ive just planted 40 crotons and mulched them and now just been stink-palmed the job because no one else wanted to clean up this mess! What gets me is that they waited 2 weeks while I was handwatering 40 plants before they kicked their a'sses into gear. They also told me the irrigation was to be put in asap when I finish but noooooo. but yea anyways.

The budget is under $400. The right hand bank sprinklers are still working but the other end capped off. I was wondering if I can hook up a poly pipe on the capped off bit and run off 'emitters' straight to the plant itself. I dont think theres enough pressure to run 30ms of sprayers from the same pipe as it already feeds a couple of other sprinklers on the lawn. So maybe I was thinking of doing this and run off the resulting low pressure but longer duration to give the plants enough water.

The house is to be sold and I just need to make sure the plants survive long enough. I think 2 have already died because of no getting watered. I will however get that fixed up and recouped from the irrigation pay.

Anyone on the forum know of a quick fix? Lol 2 soaker hoses from crazy clarks maybe and hooked up to the automatic sprinklers?? LOL

Mate i am giving you a call i think i can help you fix it.

Andy B
27-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Na get one long hose and 40 x 2 inch nails, run the hose under the mulch and nail it beside each plant. Sorry didn't have a professional answer. :russ:

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
27-05-2010, 11:56 PM
Na get one long hose and 40 x 2 inch nails, run the hose under the mulch and nail it beside each plant. Sorry didn't have a professional answer. :russ:

I just finished chating to him we will have it all up and running and beautiful by tomorrow afternoon.