PDA

View Full Version : Industrial estate marketing

BLACK BEAR
27-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Got a few small ride on jobs in 2 industrial estates and want to increase this. Both estates are 5-10 yrs old with showroom/small manufacturing types businesses. Most are 250-800sq mtrs grass/garden with carparking. There are some very large lawn/garden areas also within these estates. Can anyone tell me what has worked for you guys to get many more of these clients??
Has anyone done anything that has been hugely successful and what was it? It is difficult to get to speak to the decision maker most of the time except for some of the smaller places.:i dunno:

warren higgins
28-06-2010, 07:18 PM
well we do industrial estates and what we found is that there is normally an industrial estate agent who is selling ,leasing etc they seemed to be the best avenue to access this type of work,better still is to approach the developer if the estates are still fairly new or being built than you could get some landscaping as well

RSM-Gazza
28-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Black Bear,
I've heaps of thoses type of light industry places a stone throw from me and beyond.
I not experienced, not preaching and I'm just learning from the wealth of info here.

I plan on parking my signage vehicle and trailer in those estates whilst colating names and addresses and posting a introduction letter and services available. Along with a color picture of my set up (rig),ride on. There will be a couple of witches hats in the picture view of the rear off the trailer and a Fridge magnet for their tea room. Letters/envelopes to be professionally addressed in print and no hand writting apart from my signature.
Attached will be a copy of my Workcover White Card and AgVet Details and a Generic example Work Method Statement and Public Liability insurance and ABN/GST registration.
It sounds like too much documentation, but I will ensure its kept to the least sheets of paper.

Then pray for work and If I here any better practises from this forum I'll screen dump it for ideas. Best I screen dump this too.
I would not be posting this if there were forum members from my area.

Also I will not be in these areas during the 12 to 2pm period whilst collating info.

63impala
29-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Commerical and industrale are the same thing I tried to crak it in that market with no luck went throuh the yellow pages called up everyone possable under indurialy and commerical managment Most all the replyes are we are happy with who we got or we dont need anyone so if you can get your foot in the door with them you are a MADEMAN becase the want there lawn done evey 3 weeks all year round...

Wattle GC
29-06-2010, 11:00 AM
I do a lot of commercial work and i have found to walk right in and ask for the work .Ask if you can quote .. Find the right person to speak with and you will get results ..Squeaky wheel gets the oil..

63impala
29-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Yah you can do that if there person himself owns the estates theses day they are wrong by big manging companies that like to have on gardner {A MADE MAN) is the term used for them...:general:general