PDA

View Full Version : Quote 15-20sqm.

Andy B
01-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Any one else doing a quote tomorrow on Ferntree Gully Road near Huntingdale Road???

The fella told me two other fella's are quoting it. He told me his mate who usually does it doesn't have a big enough machine as the grass is up to a the height of your foot (probably a foot high :) )...He also said twice it's about 15-20metres... what's the bet it's about 250+ sqm???

Gotta love it.

Anjaryan
01-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Whats his mate got, an ozito push mower?? :scared

I put my money on the 200sqm mark.

good luck

Andy B
01-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Probably an electric bread knife. LOL

geoff1969
01-07-2010, 02:45 PM
15 - 20 sqm is about the size of a small to average house hold lounge room floor .......

Andy B
01-07-2010, 06:08 PM
I went there this arvo before picking the kids up, yep normal 600-700sqm block feral back yard, feral edges everywhere, they just wanted a price to get a slasher in there... I left without giving them a price, first time ever. They were expecting to get their bond back by spending about $70.00, edges were mostly knee high and back yard hadn't been touched during their entire lease... :madnoel:madnoel:madnoel

geoff1969
01-07-2010, 06:22 PM
I went there this arvo before picking the kids up, yep normal 600-700sqm block feral back yard, feral edges everywhere, they just wanted a price to get a slasher in there... I left without giving them a price, first time ever. They were expecting to get their bond back by spending about $70.00, edges were mostly knee high and back yard hadn't been touched during their entire lease... :madnoel:madnoel:madnoel

haha dont you just love there over the phone honesty .. just price them any way andy , you may be suprised , and as for 15 - 20 sqm you wouldnt need a lawn mower for that 10 minutes with a golf club would take care of it ....

Anjaryan
01-07-2010, 08:20 PM

Yeah id still price them up, couple of hundred to clean it up and guarantee the bond refund wont be rejected based on the lawns and it could be a good little earner

Andy B
02-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Ha ha, it would of been a few hundred, I felt myself wanting to argue with the fella so it was best to walk away. I did give him a card and said when/if the real estate aren't happy with how you leave it give me a call and I'll come back and give you a price then.

Bluey
02-07-2010, 06:03 PM
why not. Give it a good price. One your happy with. If he goes for do the job and get out of there. Cash up front of course

TOO EASY YARD CARE
02-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Ha ha, it would of been a few hundred, I felt myself wanting to argue with the fella so it was best to walk away. I did give him a card and said when/if the real estate aren't happy with how you leave it give me a call and I'll come back and give you a price then.

im with u andy if ur not happy with the way he speaks to u or a feeling u get of him no money is worth it........

phaedo
02-07-2010, 08:41 PM
I wouldn't be guaranteeing getting the bond back for feral overgrown lawns - did a job about 7 weeks ago that was very overgrown, still looks dead and like straw due to it having been so long at the time no sunlight was getting anywhere near the bottom.

Andy B
02-07-2010, 08:50 PM
I'm happy leaving it how I did, giving a price would of started a negotiation which would of either ended in a crap job I wouldn't of been happy with or me walking away anyway and they'd have a price to get other fella's to beat to start before they start talking the job down.

Fred's mowing
03-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Yer, I think what Bluey said, bond back = money up front.
Cheers Dean.

The Local Gardener
03-07-2010, 11:14 AM

NO WAY BIG FELLA.......

HA HA HA, I know of the property.......

Andy B
03-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Did you quote it TLG?