PDA

View Full Version : Telemarketing 4 commercial work

BLACK BEAR
04-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Has anyone ever tried telemarketing for commercial/industrial work??

administrator
04-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Telemarketing (known as telesales in the UK and Ireland) is a method of direct marketing in which a salesperson solicits to prospective customers to buy products or services, either over the phone or through a subsequent face to face or Web conferencing appointment scheduled during the call.

Telemarketing can also include recorded sales pitches programmed to be played over the phone via automatic dialing. Telemarketing has come under fire in recent years, being viewed as an annoyance by many.

Opposite sire on the coin

Do Not Call Register legislation

https://www.donotcall.gov.au/

The Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (the Act) has been amended and will affect Australians in three key ways:
the registration period for numbers has been extended from three to five years
government bodies and emergency services will be able to register their numbers
fax numbers can also be registered.

63impala
04-07-2010, 01:35 PM
I use that no more telliban lol lol But you still get charties.....:safety:madnoel

Bluey
06-07-2010, 07:29 PM
I wouldn't even try. They annoy me severely and most people I know are the same.

Andy B
06-07-2010, 08:33 PM
I was just chatting to mate who does pest control. He was saying best thing is to door knock them, leave a card with reception if you can't speak direct. Bit more of a long term approach but when the time comes and the right person has your card it'll be you getting the call for a quote. (I assume you're talking more about test and tag Blackbear.)

geoff
06-07-2010, 08:45 PM
surely business inst that bad for you to door knock ..i couldnt think of nothing worse than to knock on doors in the street that you mow...its like when they knock on your doot at tea time , you know the ones from another country that likes hot food and try to sel you a better deal for the telephone or power..now how do you liuke that

ian
06-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Door-to-door sales protections

A door-to-door trader can only visit your home, or telephone you to arrange an appointment to visit your home, between:

* 9 am - 6 pm Monday to Friday or
* 9 am - 5 pm Saturday.

A 10-day cooling-off period applies to any contract worth more than $75. You may cancel the contract, in writing, at any time during this period. If the contract is worth more than $75, the salesman cannot take money from you (including deposits), start work, or provide goods or services within the 10-day cooling-off period.

this is for Queensland but there is similar legislation in all states so if you are going to door knock make sure you know your obligations and the clients rights

Note :This is also for domestic and i don't believe it applies for commercial industrial but i would still suggest checking in your state to make sure

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
06-07-2010, 11:20 PM
I was just chatting to mate who does pest control. He was saying best thing is to door knock them, leave a card with reception if you can't speak direct. Bit more of a long term approach but when the time comes and the right person has your card it'll be you getting the call for a quote. (I assume you're talking more about test and tag Blackbear.)

Nothing wrong with test and tag Andy.

If I was a bit more financial I would buy the equipment, I am qualified to do all this and not only is there good money in it but I like the Idea of making sure that people are safe when their using electrical equipment.I have seen some very disturbing accidents that could of been avoided.

Andy B
07-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Yeah, not knocking test and tag at all, even if you only get a few big annual clients it'd pay for itself.

BLACK BEAR
10-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Nope, sorry was thinking commercial mowing/gardening. T&T clients we service are usually the larger type companies with a few small ones scattered here and there!

Mrs HMS
11-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Just bumping this thread. I work in a commerical premises, we would get anywhere between 5-10 telemarketing calls per week, in the last week of the month that will usually treble (quotas to meet??). This has been going on for the 6 years I've worked there.

It's a complete PITA and not ONCE has it ever been successful with us. Even if we are looking for the service, we won't use someone who interrupts us doing our work by calling us to flog their service/product. We even play with them sometimes, oh sorry you need department X, hello Department X...oh no, you need department Y...hello, Department Y...oh no, you need Department Z. Eventually they hang up.