PDA

View Full Version : Quoting Jobs

Bisi Garden & Landscaping
06-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Hi All,

Need some help quoting jobs. What is the going hourly rate for weeding, mowing, tree cutting etc. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks Charles

ian
06-07-2010, 10:09 PM
depends on how fast you work, experience, equipment used and how big your ego is but i would say starting at $40 p/h and going upwards i work on $60 or higher hand weeding $100 p/h or higher [ i hate hand weeding so hope i don't get the job but if i do i will be paid well for it ]

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
07-07-2010, 12:09 AM
Gday Charles,

I normally charge $45 an hour for hand weeding. Its one of those jobs that not too many people want to do. Everything else I try and earn 50 and upwards. there is a lot more costs involved in this business than the average joe realizes. Don't forget green waste costs

Bluey
07-07-2010, 07:08 AM
I try to aim for $60 an hour on average but each job is diffrent. Charge more for chainsaw work and dirty work like rubbish removal and slashing jobs. Being new I would suggest to do what Ian says. Start lower and work up as you get better and quicker at doing the job.Quoting is the hardest part of this work to get right. But it is better to over quote than under quote.

Bisi Garden & Landscaping
07-07-2010, 07:30 AM
Thanks Guys,

Did I job yesterday and unquoted it big time. Pretty soul destroying coming for a $100K year job. Also quoted another one that I need to do and again I underquoted that. I think I will be telling her I made a mistake.

Andy B
07-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Keep at it mate, also if you get a chance, I learnt heaps from sifting through the threads on this forum for ways to quote. You'll find your way and there'll always be the odd occasional you get it wrong.

Probably a good idea to speak to the client if you've realized you've got it wrong before hand, kinda lucky I think every time I've got one wrong I've realized well into it. :)

Stripes
07-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Thanks Guys,

Did I job yesterday and unquoted it big time. Pretty soul destroying coming for a $100K year job. Also quoted another one that I need to do and again I underquoted that. I think I will be telling her I made a mistake.

Just learn from it mate and you will be fine. As you start to get busier just up your prices each time you do a quote. I think everyone has underquoted at some stage.