PDA

View Full Version : toro ride on

South East
08-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Hi guys, getting back into the game fulltime with hopefully a reasonable year ahead of us weather wise! Am looking at ztr's and can get hold of a newish toro G3 series 29hp with a 52inch deck for approx 10 big ones. Can anyone give me any feedback on how good these things are and what comparable units are out there for that price. Light commercial use intended - will try to stay away from paddock stuff etc.

Mick
09-07-2010, 02:36 PM
How many hours? As you know check spindles, hydro fluid etc and take it for a GOOD demo.
$10k if very low hours sounds a bargain. My mate paid $18500 I think for his 34/60 G3.
He loves his although it loves the fuel. They seem really well built.

One "potential" problem that Ive heard of is the hydros over heating and boiling the hydro fluid, but not really sure if its an issue or not. My mates has been sweet!
One thing I noticed, (not sure if its an issue or not) is there is a bar (maybe torsion) between the drive wheels. It seems very low and may be a problem if kerb hopping etc.

Any 52-54" deck machine is what its up against. Look at Scags and Hustlers as comparison as they more or less set the standard.