PDA

View Full Version : Fridge Magnet, What's been experienced please

RSM-Gazza
12-07-2010, 04:19 PM
I have late last week done the artwork for handover to local border based printer for Business Cards at $175 for 1500 or $200 for 2000. Doubled sided and gloss laminated, Hope to have them soon.

They did sort of indicate that they were too dear for fridge magnets although it would have been easy just to let him do it all in one go.

What would be a fair price in the field out there for fridge magnets. Realising that with the internet you can order from anywhere. But it's neice to deal in person and local.
I won't be issuing magnets like I would Bus Cards, but they will be given out when appropiate. But for potential jobs I'm aiming for ie scheduled residential,small business or larger property owners whom I know are successful in small Business and time poor at home due to the success of their businesses. Packaged with my business profile and a professionally photographed snap shot of my setup.
So any feedback on what is a fair price for magnets + quantity that has been paid of the normal quality and size in green writing on white background.
Thanks in advance,

Chris B
12-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Hi Gary ,
we too are just starting out and like the idea of fridge magnets. online I have found business card size fridge magnets 1000 for $319 . We are going to stick our own magnets on the back of our business cards instead as its much cheaper, ebay: 1000 magnets for $35.90 delivered

got the idea from here too
just takes a bit of time to stick them all on...
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1000-STICKY-MAGNETS-20-x-40mm-x-6mm-SPECIAL-/120594088921?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item1c13f7c3d9#ht_660wt_1137

Chris

Andy B
12-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Riverside, if you own the artwork it may pay to try vistaprint by way of uploading your artwork and getting them to do it. They were the cheapest I could find a year or so ago for cards, magnets, shirts etc.

Chris B
12-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Ye your right Andy... vista is about half the price!

Chris

Scooby Steve
12-07-2010, 06:11 PM
What size does everyone believe is best? And should you have a picture of your work as background or just text?

RSM-Gazza
12-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the feedback Chris + Andy.
I used a local for the Bus Cards as I wanted sit down advice on what they thought of the card's art and format. (they said it was all good)
Plus I've had to discuss/e-mail two minor up dates over Friday+ Monday prior to sign off. So much easier if you communicating locallly on that + just a few k's to there shop.

But art works complete and it's mine, so I can deal in the internet land now.

I've already got me High Vis Yellow Shirts on order. In the type that has an airy cheese cloth feel and the navy Blue across the shoulders into the arms and across the waist. The shop said there the ones that don't smell and stay fresher and the Councils up here use them.
$19 shirt + $6 for 3 lines of bus info above the pocket and the other side my full name.

Any more personal experiences on the Fridge Magnets are welcome.

Good luck with your business progression Chris.

Edit, just saw Scooby Steve's post, 73mm x46mm is the size of a Jimbo's in front of me. I got that when I was in discussion with them prior to joining here. It looks perfect. I've the art work in PDF, 2007 Office Publisher and photo shop. Some printers like cropping parameters embedded too.

Bluey
12-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Have look in the lawn mowing marketing thread Riverside. This was discussed there pretty heavily sometime ago. They do work.

Andy B
12-07-2010, 11:50 PM
What I didn't say is that I only give magnets out to existing customers. But as bluey said there's heaps of info in other threads about how people use them.

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
13-07-2010, 07:25 AM
Sounds like your getting a great price 200 for 2000. I hand them out for each job i do or quote and people ring you back off the magnet. I have had people say lucky u had your magnet other wise i wouldnt have remembered who i called last time.

The Local Gardener
13-07-2010, 08:38 PM
What I didn't say is that I only give magnets out to existing customers. But as bluey said there's heaps of info in other threads about how people use them.

Me to Andy B. Works a treat...:birthday

VJinTownsville
07-09-2010, 01:53 AM
5000 cards from vista for around $120
4000 magnets from ebay $90

2 or more "walkers" to distribute in your suburb to mow for the duration of the drop for a year. (1 per 2/3weeks) 2 or 3hrs per 2/3 weeks

Thats my only advertising I've used in my suburb and works better than anything else. I should be doing it more because last year when I first started I have on averate 2 customers each street and as much as 6. Then I got slack, they moved on, evicted and i didnt get my a*ss into gear to do it all again.

Trust me mate, they have given me more income and ease of earning more than anything else. I dont have my sign on my shirt, trailer or ute. Nobody knows who I am until they ring me.