PDA

View Full Version : Newbies, Plan for Delays With Start Up Planning

RSM-Gazza
26-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Can't post my true feelings here. Grrrrr.

But for all the newbies be aware that within your scheduled business plan dates for varies tasks to be completed, will be tested upon your preparation to go LIVE in your business. Or least theres a real possibility that it will happen.

Things will frustrate you as other business that you rely on and have agreed to generous given lead times will fail by up wards of 100% in scheduled time committments for supply. Whilst not blink an eye lind that it's not good service.
Worst still is the Aussie "she'll be right attitude" of some business and zero follow up to the customer(me) and if we extended the time out for supply to 50% to 100% more than agreed.

It's no wonder so much is being made offshore these days.

"Priorty One" is never to fall into that category myself. Especially when the business grows and time management is more demanding.

tree beard
26-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Hi Garry

This is probably a great time to say Welcome to being self reliant and self employed :)

It can leave u in awe when businesses conduct themselves without concience thinking they have won ur dollar in the short term!!

The long term cost will always be much greater...make sure of it. bad service should be shared and memorable :)

Stripes
26-07-2010, 07:48 PM
"Priorty One" is never to fall into that category myself. Especially when the business grows and time management is more demanding.

Spot on.
Everytime someone pisses you off by being unreliable, make a mental note of what not to do to your clients as you know how annoying it is.

RSM-Gazza
26-07-2010, 08:19 PM
But,

There are some nice little things as well, re the process of starting up with gear acquisitions.

Like today, I picked up my Embodied Uniform Shirts, Navy Blue Yakka Daks, Yakka steel capped work boots also arrived in my size today and even have the Yakka Chant as me ring tone.:) Can't wait to get started.

Me matching embodied Hi Vis Caps we be ready on Wednesday, just need to get some wide brim hats too with earmuff cut outs.
Every time I shop or go anywhere, the uniform will be worn, free advertising. Plus I also read this within the forum some time ago re doing so.

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy295/fish475/100_5008.jpg

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy295/fish475/100_5009.jpg

geoff1969
26-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Every time I shop or go anywhere, the uniform will be worn, free advertising. Plus I also read this within the forum some time ago re doing so

shirts look good mate and it all helps ....

Shepparton Lawn Care
26-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Hang in there Garry!-It will all happen!!. Just like your business plan, you may have to maintain some fluidity with your start up date!. At least it is still cool enough to do a couple of lawns, and really analyse your approach to them, and look at ways of becoming really efficient without sacrificing quality!. Its good to see/.read the enthusiasm! Cheers Simon. SLC