PDA

View Full Version : Shindaiwa c4

Fred's mowing
01-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Who,s got one, what do you think of it? any probs?
My c4 power head has quite a weird little prob where it refuses to rev?
It will idle quite happily & not stall but when u rev it nothing happens:confused:. The throttle cable is working properly, its not that. It only happens on the odd occasion, which makes it frustrating. Generally I like the machine as it is quieter than a regular 2stroke. Anyone else had this prob?
Cheers Dean.

Andy B
01-08-2010, 08:56 PM
It will idle quite happily & not stall but when u rev it nothing happens:confused:. The throttle cable is working properly, its not that. It only happens on the odd occasion, which makes it frustrating. Generally I like the machine as it is quieter than a regular 2stroke. Anyone else had this prob?
Cheers Dean.

Choke working?

geoff
01-08-2010, 09:04 PM
dean have a look at the old post of our dear friend geejay..something to do with the filter type I belive

Fred's mowing
01-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Thanx guys.
Andy, chokes working. Geoff, I,ll try & find that.
Cheers Dean.

Andy B
01-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Might save you some time Dean:

http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/search.php?searchid=176421

If not start pre nov 08 in his posts, after that he only really talks about the exhaust mod.

Scooby Steve
03-08-2010, 07:05 PM
From memory I think the exhaust mod was so it didn't burn the shrubs when he pruned them, at a guess Adam and Eves i say it would be your carby. Have you just had trouble over winter, was it ok in summer? IMHO these low emission machines have such a fine tolerance in there carbies that different air temperatures/pressures can effect there operation, fine particles in the fuel can also upset them. Be interesting to see the outcome.

SouthCoast Walker
05-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Cheers Dean.

Are you running ethanol blend?

Mick
05-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Check the exhaust. If its blocked it will bog. Can take the spark arrestor off or at least check it.
If your using/used ethanol you may have dramas with fuel line perishing. That will block/clog fuel filter.
Like Ive said in another thread, Ive never had a problem with my 3410 so dont have much experience with repairs! Lucky for me! lol

Let us know the outcome.

Scooby Steve
10-08-2010, 06:43 PM
How did you go with the problem Dean, have you had time to find out what it was?

Fred's mowing
10-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Hi Steve & others, still working on my frustrating little prob that continues to happen spasmotically.
Not using ethanol & I pulled the muffler off, the spark arrestor (that I normally turf) was clean as!
Talking to the guy at Ashburton mowers (went in there a few weeks back for the first time, & ended up talking to him 4 more than an hour:russ:), he thinks the valves may be sticking. I wasnt in there for that prob so could,nt show or leave the machine with him. If it continues will proly take it to him 4 a look see. I was quite impressed with his attitude & workshop:cool:.
I really like the lower noise levels of this machine, its not a major prob ATM but a frustrating 1 none the less.
I will perservere:)
Cheers Dean.

ian
10-08-2010, 10:52 PM
i use this occasionally in all my equipment it's supposed to help clean fuel system and sticky valves www.moreyoil.co.nz/details.php?catID=11&productID=7 at 1.5 ml/lt there is also a flashlube one comes in a 50ml bottle about $3 at supercheap auto 1ml/lt

Wattle GC
13-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Sticky valves will cause more of a backfire type problem..I think this may be a sticky needle and seat or you fuel float level is to low not letting enough fuel in to rev out properly...

gcsmow
10-10-2010, 09:59 PM
I've got a C4 split shaft snipper and hedge trimmer. It is good, heaps of power, but it is a mongrel b@$t@rd to start sometimes. I want to get a C4 backpack blower when I can afford it as long as it is easier to start than my trimmer.

(Maybe it is a Stihl underneath but someone put a Shindaiwa sticker on it by mistake.);frosty;

63impala
11-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Lol lol lol cheaky cheaky lol lol:doh:doh