PDA

View Full Version : Lateral Epicondylitis....

bens369
11-08-2010, 06:09 PM
More commonly known as "Tennis Elbow". Has anybody else had this occur to them? It's quite painful and annoying and I have it. I've been going to a chinese doctor for acupuncture treatment and it seems to be helping.
I can only pin point this nuisance to the use of the whipper snipping and some branch lopping that I've performed.

Anyone else had any troubles in this department?

NLALM
11-08-2010, 06:54 PM
It seems like Iv'e had every bad thing you can have in this job, so here goes with my story on tennis elbow. I got it when doing a huge landscaping job that took 2 years and involved more than 50 ton of bush rock I got it from trowling cement out of a bucket day in day out building gardens and retaining walls I didn't know what was going on it was so painful lucky for me I got it when the job was nearly finished. I had 4 cortisone injections in it over about 6 months these gave some relief but it just came back using a whipper snipper was so painful some days I would be in tears it was that bad anyway I booked in to have it operated on and the week before I was due to have it done I fell off a ladder and broke both my wrists the good thing about this was that I was off work so long with my wrists that the tennis elbow repaired itself. So it will get better if you can rest it which is a bit hard in this job try a needle but if you do have a few days off before you test it out hope this helps. Oh you can buy those strap things to wear they put a bit of pressure on the spot I couldn't work without it give it a try.