PDA

View Full Version : free listings

BLACK BEAR
11-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Hi, can anyone give me their best free listing directories. Also the ones not to bother about or try to get you in and then charge you.
Thanks in advance john

fitternturnercook
12-08-2010, 08:32 AM
bear , I have got on to HOTFROG , you get the list up straight away almost, local blue, true local , start local only seem to up date the listing once a month , as i have rang local blue and asked.
If ya chasing work as we all do try real estate agents , ask for the property managers, BUT they dont pay strait away , they wait for the rent to be paid them you get paid. i did my area on last thur , got a call at 11 am wed did the job at 12 home by 2. 2meters gravel on the drive ,easy cheers

Bluey
01-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Hey Andy B and Geoff...noticed your Google places ads coming up on first page for the search terms "lawn mowing Melbourne"....well done boys

starmow
01-09-2010, 07:09 PM
My come first in * lawn mowing carrum downs* :whipit

TOO EASY YARD CARE
01-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Dont wast your time with dlook.com.au there a waste and will ring you and ring you into you upgrade to a paid add or tell them to stop calling then your free add gets taken off

Bluey
01-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Dont wast your time with dlook.com.au there a waste and will ring you and ring you into you upgrade to a paid add or tell them to stop calling then your free add gets taken off

Yes aint that the truth. I was getting a constant stream of calls from them and they were extremely pushy. I finally told the Paki bloke what he could do with his time rather unpolitely. Also told him what he could do with the phone and certain parts of his body. No more ad. But it was no big lose because howmany times have you seen DLook coming up on first page results

The Local Gardener
01-09-2010, 09:13 PM
bear , I have got on to HOTFROG , you get the list up straight away almost, local blue, true local , start local only seem to up date the listing once a month , as i have rang local blue and asked.
If ya chasing work as we all do try real estate agents , ask for the property managers, BUT they dont pay strait away , they wait for the rent to be paid them you get paid. i did my area on last thur , got a call at 11 am wed did the job at 12 home by 2. 2meters gravel on the drive ,easy cheers

with real estate agents, yes I agree go straight to the property managers. Request kindly for a meet and greet and you tell them your payment terms. Mine are strictly seven days and the 2 real estate companies I deal with are great, because they do not get involved. i deal directly with the tenanats.

They give me the leads and its all competition after that. Been there done that with the enthusiasm of chasing up real estate money but wont bother.

Black bear, coffee news worked well for me, seniors magazines, fast food notice boards( ask permission) coles/safeway shopper dockets, sporting club news bulletins....lol now you know my trade secrets....:whipit good....

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
01-09-2010, 10:17 PM

I know what you mean. I have signed up on their free adds twice now and both times it was constant calls until I told them to take a hike.
For me the free google ad and hot frog are the best to sign up with.
I normally get about 6-8 calls from potentially new customers a week just from free advertising on the net. In fact I had 5 calls on monday and tuesday and picked up $120 for 2 hrs work from a call today.

You do have to regularly update your adds though. This helps keep them from dropping off.

brettly
02-09-2010, 08:09 PM
yea i got the constant calls from dlook as well..wot gives?..there should be a law against it :mad:

Andy B
02-09-2010, 08:51 PM
dLOOK rang me last week to discuss my free listing... I hadn't listed with them so was confused to the point of aggression to say the least. I hate when companies lead with false pretenses... they told me they were the number 1 something and i told them i was so surprised as i hadn't ever heard of them or seen them come up on any search I'd ever done and I couldn't remember putting my details on their site. Really annoys me when they are dishonest, why the heck don't they just say, "i'm from such and such, and I'd like to confirm your details for our website and discuss the possibility of advertising with us". If they were more genuine I'd be more inclined to consider them! And it would be a much faster conversation compared to the BS they lead with.

To answer BB's question I reckon Truelocal is good and google maps is good too. (But keep your flag out of Mt Waverley. LOL)

South East Mowing
02-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Was he a filipino guy like the one that called me. Tried to get me on some scheme but I was telling him politely I was not interested.
It was when I politely told him where to go in filipino language that he hung up!:knob

Bluey
02-09-2010, 09:28 PM
I have found a sure fire way to get rid of these idiots. Keep interrupting them and try to sell them lawn mowing. Try it. It's great fun and they get the ****s and hang up. I had one guy get so annoyed he yelled at me "we are you trying to mow my lawn I don't even live in Australia" that's when I said well why are you trying to sell me your crap then....click

Bluey
02-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Another thing to be careful of with people who ring stating they are wishing to confirm your details is your personal details security. If they get a heap of info off you they have a head start on stealing your identity

TOO EASY YARD CARE
02-09-2010, 10:09 PM
I have found a sure fire way to get rid of these idiots. Keep interrupting them and try to sell them lawn mowing. Try it. It's great fun and they get the ****s and hang up. I had one guy get so annoyed he yelled at me "we are you trying to mow my lawn I don't even live in Australia" that's when I said well why are you trying to sell me your crap then....click

that is gold i will be doing this next time what a rippa

ian
02-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Another thing to be careful of with people who ring stating they are wishing to confirm your details is your personal details security. If they get a heap of info off you they have a head start on stealing your identity

steal my identity as long as they also get the wife,kids and mountain of debt there welcome to it :)

Bluey
05-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Here is a copy of a complaint I lodged several years with a company using telemarketers after I tracked them down. Big problem was they were after someone else but that did not stop them annoying the bejus out of me. I wrote this while still slightly, well moderately , intoxicated. It's a bit long winded but I found it quite fun to do it and it released my stress valve