PDA

View Full Version : Bright Spark

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
26-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Was at my local car wash today cleaning my mowers when the bloke who is employed to wash down the bays and clean out the pits comes over. Now mind you I didn't use the ones he had already cleaned, I thought I would do him a favour and use the one with mud everywhere.
Any way this tool starts ranting on about cleaning all the grass off the equipment before I use the bays because it all goes into the pits.
All I could do was give him a dumb founded look, as I thought about all the mean things I could have said.:smileydevil So I just told him " It keeps you in a job doesn't it? " and continued on with what I was doing.

After I was finished I got in my car and this bloke walks over looks in the bay and starts shaking his head. I mean whats this bloke think that people are going to use the place to wash things that are already clean.:i dunno:

Bright spark:thinking

Bluey
26-08-2010, 02:38 PM
I am surprised they even let you wash them. None of my local ones will.

geoff1969
26-08-2010, 02:43 PM
I am surprised they even let you wash them. None of my local ones will.

same here bluey and some have the policy if any solid material / matter is left in wash bay after your finished you have to remove it ..

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
26-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Around this area there is a lot of dirt and gravel roads still. So whats next tell people they cant wash their car because its too dirty. Thats what the pits are there for.

Wattle GC
26-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Best to but your own gernie / kartcher ..I did.. Saves the agro..

Fred's mowing
26-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Get a few looks after a hard day on the tracks with the Landy!:D
Karcher just broke down but I usually do it all at home.
While the things set up, I,ll do as many things as poss. Now its broke, I,ll proly have to buy another & stick with the Karcher brand as I have so many of the accessories:i dunno:.
Hardly ever wash the mowers, just take a paint scraper to the under side of the deck, & blow the top with compressed air.
Cheers Dean.

Andy B
26-08-2010, 05:57 PM
I didn't even think of using the car wash thingy's. $2 well spent. :)

I usually do it at home and always remember to do the catcher mesh too.

GreenHaven
26-08-2010, 06:17 PM
your keen. i just blow them off with my compressor and blow the grass clipping out of the trailer

Andy B
26-08-2010, 06:20 PM
I always do it before changing blades, which is also before the best lawns, to help prevent seed transfer. ;)

Bluey
26-08-2010, 06:24 PM
I clean my gear on the weekends with a water blaster. Some times more frequently if they get crappy. I always turn the mower on it's side and blow off the underside with the blower at the end of each lawn. Helps prevent build up this way. Also blow out the catcher.

Bgs
26-08-2010, 09:30 PM
just wait untill six o clock thats what I do when I wanna clean out the gunk out from the tray ;)

I always hose down the walls and floor when finished though.