PDA

View Full Version : Just a reminder......

courty
14-09-2010, 02:30 PM
to be aware of your surroundings.
I was giving the old man a hand to do a quick cleanup in a corner of their garden this morrning when I over balanced whilst standing on the edge of a retaining wall,hands went out in an auto reaction to stop me falling and the only thing to grab was a 6ft pachapodium(sp).Half an hour later we had the dozen 1cm long thorns out of the palms of my hands.Needless to say the plant is now on the way to the tip.

Wattle GC
14-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Ouch... I had a customers small child poke his eye on a Yukka that was in a pot on the verandah.. While the young boy was in hospital I was called to remove all spiky and sharp plants from the garden etc.So yea you gotta be careful out there..

I have ended up in a swimming pool with the hedger.. Thank god no one was home..Was funny I thought

Fred's mowing
14-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Ah ha, so someone else admits to it!:laughing:.
Cheers Dean.

Bluey
14-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Bet you said....bugger. That would hurt. Watch out for secondary infections on those thorns mate. Lucky it was only your hands.

The Local Gardener
14-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Ah ha, so someone else admits to it!:laughing:.
Cheers Dean.

dean, before scrolling down I lol thinking of you....;frosty;

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
21-09-2010, 12:04 AM
Ouch... I had a customers small child poke his eye on a Yukka that was in a pot on the verandah.. While the young boy was in hospital I was called to remove all spiky and sharp plants from the garden etc.So yea you gotta be careful out there..

I have ended up in a swimming pool with the hedger.. Thank god no one was home..Was funny I thought

Bloody yukkas. I don't know how many times I have nearly taken an eye out on those things. I always wear safety glasses working around them. Any of my customers that have those stupid plants and young kids I let them know of the dangers and normally end up either removing them or doing some serious cutting back.

63impala
21-09-2010, 09:03 AM
Man In this game I wear glasses 24/7 man when I do clean ups, ones with jungle like NAM and your in the thick of it you bend over piick up branches and you wack yours face on branches god bless the glasses...The best wound I have had in this game I was doing a GETTO LAWN beer bottles every where It happened so quick I was dazes and confussed on what happend did the guy next lope a FRAG over to take out the YANK TANK or was it a beer bottle I did not know I susstained 2 small shrapenel wounds one to my lower leg and the best one to the face but remember with kevs mowing we aint got time to bleed...Plus you look better with clients.....

ian
22-09-2010, 09:26 PM
i was brushcutting a garden bed today when i ran out of line i turned around straightening up as i did so to go back to the van for more line and had a branch from a dead tree scrape off the glasses lens and down the side of my face if it wasn't for the glasses i probably would have poked the eye out