PDA

View Full Version : Additional Strong Spring Marketing

RSM-Gazza
27-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Well got a phone call from my local paper with whom I'm advertising with today. Lucky I had just finished a job and a quote and was heading home.
An oportunity to to be featured in a dedicated Business Advertising Feature profiling 6 business in total with a large panaoramic colored picture insertion for me and 170 words re the business for a fairly good price.

So I went for it like a Murray Cod after a Bardi Grub.:pop worm

My bigger adverts that appear in the front section of this paper every fortnight will appear around this big feature week wise.
ie; my big advert was in last week, business feature this week on Friday and my big advert again next week. Along with my smaller advert which appears in the tradies section every week for 6 months.

Had to do a quick photo shoot and could not find anywhere suitable without yellow flowers from Capeweed.
Tried to contact a church I service for a pure magic lawn and garden take, but could not contact anyone in time.
The attached will have to do as time frames are tight. My own signaged ute was never in any photo's as I always had a Toyota loan car whilst some issues were being fixed under warranty.(Good Warranty Service Mr Toyota -Thanks)

Hope it generates some more exposure and puts me name and business further out there as the Yellow Pages insertion finalised for next year is still to be payed soon. The good ol advertising budget is in the red,:dohBut it's generating income without doing any time consuming foot work letterbox dropping, so thats good me thinks.

Have mentioned in the advert that I'm a "Independent Lawn Mowing Contractors of Australia" member too.

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy295/fish475/RiversideMowing1.jpg

Andy B
27-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Looks great Garry! I'd hire you!

ian
27-09-2010, 06:31 PM
certainly look like a pro

geoff1969
27-09-2010, 07:30 PM
looking good gary all you need now is a few dents in the ute and some scratches on the trailer .....
cheers

Andy B
27-09-2010, 07:35 PM
ha ha, he'll be too busy to keep them clean soon. :)

Garry, save me looking back through your posts, what model is the husky ride on? (I couldn't find it on their website.)

RSM-Gazza
27-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Thanks Andy, Ian and Geoff,

Tried not to look like a Jim and I think I achieved that.

Geoff, I'v got plenty of scratches here and there on the trailer.:) On the outside a correction marker pen hids them with ease. Also a simple $4 gloss white spray can from the red apron store is a 99% color matched, how good is that!!
The ute was second hand and the local water board had it prior to me. There were some dents on both sides that the dealer took out and resprayed, Not wishing for them to return either.:)

I'm lucky re looking after the trailer as it is garaged every night. Plus I siliconed all spot welded edging from advice here to minimise rust.

Andy,

It's listed under the Landowners sub headed products.The smaller 38inch cut model is under Homeowners.

CTH 2642TE 26HP and 42in cut. I've three steady jobs already for it earning nice dollars. I did expect the ride on to sit in my shed for six months gathering dust. But thankfully not so.
Had the choice of the run out model with Kolher or the new model with the B/S motor, Tossed the coin and went for the B/S motor as oil changes on it are much easier and they have finally put a Air Cleaner on the new models able to handle Aussie summer dust.
Also love it's mulching ability and it leaves no clumps of grass, even when going through thick capeweed.
http://www.husqvarna.com/au/landowner/products/garden-tractors/cth2642te/

Andy B
27-09-2010, 08:11 PM
I like it. Better not show my Dad or my Mum might disown me if Dad has 3 husky ride-ons in the shed. :)

Did you get the deflector and is that what enables you to mulch?

Bluey
27-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Good to see Gary. Nice photo and exposure like that is pure gold. Try to keep a record of how many calls you get from it to see what the response is. Make sure you have everything insured and alarmed. I learnt the hard way to tuck everything away but luckily I was insured and ended up with better gear.

The Local Gardener
27-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Well got a phone call from my local paper with whom I'm advertising with today. Lucky I had just finished a job and a quote and was heading home.
An oportunity to to be featured in a dedicated Business Advertising Feature profiling 6 business in total with a large panaoramic colored picture insertion for me and 170 words re the business for a fairly good price.

So I went for it like a Murray Cod after a Bardi Grub.:pop worm

My bigger adverts that appear in the front section of this paper every fortnight will appear around this big feature week wise.
ie; my big advert was in last week, business feature this week on Friday and my big advert again next week. Along with my smaller advert which appears in the tradies section every week for 6 months.

Had to do a quick photo shoot and could not find anywhere suitable without yellow flowers from Capeweed.
Tried to contact a church I service for a pure magic lawn and garden take, but could not contact anyone in time.
The attached will have to do as time frames are tight. My own signaged ute was never in any photo's as I always had a Toyota loan car whilst some issues were being fixed under warranty.(Good Warranty Service Mr Toyota -Thanks)

Hope it generates some more exposure and puts me name and business further out there as the Yellow Pages insertion finalised for next year is still to be payed soon. The good ol advertising budget is in the red,:dohBut it's generating income without doing any time consuming foot work letterbox dropping, so thats good me thinks.

Have mentioned in the advert that I'm a "Independent Lawn Mowing Contractors of Australia" member too.

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy295/fish475/RiversideMowing1.jpg

Looks gr8 keep up the excellent work, non members pay close attention to the indy sticker.

RSM-Gazza
27-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Andy,

Got the deflector but have not used it yet, but will by next week.
I will be design/make a better holding arrangement that will have a spring into postion holding and not wing nuts.

The mulcher is a big long plastic plug that goes into the tunnel under the seat. Placed in from the rear and in 10 seconds a spring loaded strap holds it into position. Have to be careful how I explain this as one could think of explaining it a different way.
I leave this in all the time when I carry the rear collection unit. With the mulcher plug in no grass enters the rear collection bag.

If the mulcher is not required then remove it in 10 seconds and place the plastic barrell tunnel device in for collection. Very simple and effective.

Bluey, The trailer is locked by a grade 8 Lockwood long shaft to the chain links on the tow bar, A lock no longer able to bought, had it to lock my Honda 900 from those bike days of mine.
Tow bar is locked through a high tensile bolt/lock arrangement. Rear cage is locked with 6 rated lock and again with the mower compartment.

House garage is alarmed, rear shed is alarmed and twin CCTV
cover across the house. Over kill, NOT.

I've had two marine thefts in my time, one was a Johnson outboard motor in Wantirna Melb and that I still feel the pain and memory off. You never forget it when your've been hit.
Someone said here months back in humor that it would be great to have a central remote device to lock everything. As during the course of the day we lock and unlock about 40times a days he felt.
Well that would be good, but I take no short cuts in locking or vehicle parking placement. But if the Demon wants it, they will get it. I also park a vehicle in front of the house garage everynight too, in a manner to minimise garage entry.
Bluey good point though and thanks for the reminder after the advert goes in.

TLG,
There is an indy sticker on the ute back along side further sign writting there. The front of the trailer has a further two and the rear trailer tail gate has one two.

The Local Gardener
27-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Andy,

Got the deflector but have not used it yet, but will by next week.
I will be design/make a better holding arrangement that will have a spring into postion holding and not wing nuts.

The mulcher is a big long plastic plug that goes into the tunnel under the seat. Placed in from the rear and in 10 seconds a spring loaded strap holds it into position. Have to be careful how I explain this as one could think of explaining it a different way.
I leave this in all the time when I carry the rear collection unit. With the mulcher plug in no grass enters the rear collection bag.

If the mulcher is not required then remove it in 10 seconds and place the plastic barrell tunnel device in for collection. Very simple and effective.

Bluey, The trailer is locked by a grade 8 Lockwood long shaft to the chain links on the tow bar, A lock no longer able to bought, had it to lock my Honda 900 from those bike days of mine.
Tow bar is locked through a high tensile bolt/lock arrangement. Rear cage is locked with 6 rated lock and again with the mower compartment.

House garage is alarmed, rear shed is alarmed and twin CCTV
cover across the house. Over kill, NOT.

I've had two marine thefts in my time, one was a Johnson outboard motor in Wantirna Melb and that I still feel the pain and memory off. You never forget it when your've been hit.
Someone said here months back in humor that it would be great to have a central remote device to lock everything. As during the course of the day we lock and unlock about 40times a days he felt.
Well that would be good, but I take no short cuts in locking or vehicle parking placement. But if the Demon wants it, they will get it. I also park a vehicle in front of the house garage everynight too, in a manner to minimise garage entry.
Bluey good point though and thanks for the reminder after the advert goes in.

TLG,
There is an indy sticker on the ute back along side further sign writting there. The front of the trailer has a further two and the rear trailer tail gate has one two.

loud and proud, I too am stickered....lol.....

geoff1969
27-09-2010, 09:55 PM
yep me to got them on the trailer .. had and old coupple i was doing a job for ask me who independent lawn mowing contractors of australia where .. told them people who sport those stickers are the only people thay will ever need to take care of all there gardening needs ... i still service that old coupple now = regular mow .......

RSM-Gazza
27-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Yep,

Have the Logo and wording typed in bold in my fortnightly bigger advert and it's in my full color Yellow advertising for 2011.
Told me wife that I was gona put them on her Yaris and make it a quoting vehicle.
Well I dropped that very idea very very quickly as I was told promptly where the sticker could go.:eek::eek:

Shepparton Lawn Care
28-09-2010, 06:17 AM
well done Garry, off to a great start, your enthusiasm is infectious!!

Andy B
28-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Yep,

Have the Logo and wording typed in bold in my fortnightly bigger advert and it's in my full color Yellow advertising for 2011.
Told me wife that I was gona put them on her Yaris and make it a quoting vehicle.
Well I dropped that very idea very very quickly as I was told promptly where the sticker could go.:eek::eek:

I've thought of putting signage on the my wife's car but her driving would probably cause more trouble than it's worth. :D

I've got indy stickers on my trailer and one on my car.

RSM-Gazza
28-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Thanks Simon,
Sent you an e with the advert.

Andy, I actually had some not wanted A3 size printed Riverside Mowing and all the details within ute door signs that I waited for my wife to go into the garage and see me sizing them for door placement. As a joke off course.

I think from Seymour to Canberra she would have been heard.:megaphone. THERE NOT GOING ON!!!!

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
28-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Nice looking shot Garry. I want to ask you though , how have you found the spray pack? I was looking at the same one today. I just bought a cheaper 15ltr pack for selective spraying but am looking for a new pack for general weed spraying as the one I have is on its last legs. Sorry for changing subject btw.

RSM-Gazza
29-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Nice looking shot Garry. I want to ask you though , how have you found the spray pack? I was looking at the same one today. I just bought a cheaper 15ltr pack for selective spraying but am looking for a new pack for general weed spraying as the one I have is on its last legs. Sorry for changing subject btw.

Glenn,

You prob noticed it was the Hudson Commercial Unit from Bunnings.
I did in one day a 300sqm spray in the morning and a much larger 450sqm one in the arvo.

It was hard work on back/shoulders and the left hand with the constant pumping wasn't too bad. Worst part was the shoulders.
Well at $130 it's still a cheapie, but it's functional and works I guess.
I bought it because my 6ltr units were not going to do these two complete lawn coverage jobs. As cape/clover and bindii was throughout there lawns, especailly the bindii.

Answer it did the job, I was sore in the shoulders that night and the next day, but guess when yoour carrying that weight when filled with water around any brand of backpack will be heavy across the shoulders.
It has a fibreglass spray wand which is durable and quite good. It's thumb lock is good too and appears to be sturdy in construction.
The crank handle gear is easy to change for left and right use and is sturdy powder coated metal in the handle and lower engagement plus into the pump assembly .
Comes with a complete set of spare O ring of sizes, about 9 of them in total which is good.
It stands up on it's own very well with the metal loop base frame and is sturdy when filling.
You do have to crank the handle up an down slowly just about all the time to maintainance high pressure. But I was using the yellow hose nozzle that sprayed the most volume to get maxiumum coverage. Comes with 4 nozzles and it didn't leak or drip.
The wide filling opening is great and has a good water strainer setup within it.
If I was using it for lawns that needed only spot spraying I may only put 10ltres in it to save the shoulders.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
29-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Glenn,

You prob noticed it was the Hudson Commercial Unit from Bunnings.
I did in one day a 300sqm spray in the morning and a much larger 450sqm one in the arvo.

It was hard work on back/shoulders and the left hand with the constant pumping wasn't too bad. Worst part was the shoulders.
Well at $130 it's still a cheapie, but it's functional and works I guess.
I bought it because my 6ltr units were not going to do these two complete lawn coverage jobs. As cape/clover and bindii was throughout there lawns, especailly the bindii.

Answer it did the job, I was sore in the shoulders that night and the next day, but guess when yoour carrying that weight when filled with water around any brand of backpack will be heavy across the shoulders.
It has a fibreglass spray wand which is durable and quite good. It's thumb lock is good too and appears to be sturdy in construction.
The crank handle gear is easy to change for left and right use and is sturdy powder coated metal in the handle and lower engagement plus into the pump assembly .
Comes with a complete set of spare O ring of sizes, about 9 of them in total which is good.
It stands up on it's own very well with the metal loop base frame and is sturdy when filling.
You do have to crank the handle up an down slowly just about all the time to maintainance high pressure. But I was using the yellow hose nozzle that sprayed the most volume to get maxiumum coverage. Comes with 4 nozzles and it didn't leak or drip.
The wide filling opening is great and has a good water strainer setup within it.
If I was using it for lawns that needed only spot spraying I may only put 10ltres in it to save the shoulders.

Thanks for the feedback RSM. I will probably get it.

As far as the sore shoulders go. I don't think it makes much of a difference which pack you use when doing jobs that size. I know I have been spraying after going through 45 ltrs on 1 job. Bloody thing gets heavy after a while when your useing 15 ltr pack.

Thanks mate.

RSM-Gazza
30-09-2010, 07:08 PM
The advertising as it appeared.

The paper has been audited at 36,000 circulation in my region and yep many folks prob don't read it properly, but many do as I've already experienced due to my current job list. As this is my only place I advertise. Was never a fan of walking the streets and letter box dropping, but when and if I need to do it I will.

Special feature once off advert. (sorry my dig photo's are not as good as the Paper it self)
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy295/fish475/RSM-1.jpg

Close up and you can read my INDY acknowledgment quite early in my story.
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy295/fish475/RSM-2.jpg

Big advert every second week from Late August till end of Oct The actual pictures have one with me and some gear and one of the rig, these were earlier proof photos. The small tradies/contractors advert appears every week for six months. Then I'll reload it for another six mths I think.
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy295/fish475/000_0360.jpg

1 unit size full color Yellow Pages for next yr with the white background and usual Riverside advert design and off course the Indy Logo

Think now the advertising budget funds has:hit wall, for the time being. But I'm having a go!!!!

holdenhead
30-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Glen I just brought the solo 15lt jobie from the farmhand place on sth gippy hwy. $120. the reason I went with this one is all parts are available from the place that makes them down in Dandenong so easy access to parts when needed. Just a thought.

Cheers Rick

greencut
01-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Try Ebay, there are some 20lt sprayers for around $50. After using the 15lt Bunnings ones for many years I was impressed how comfortable these are, they are moulded to your back a bit better and therefore carrying an extra 5 litres isnt a concern. By the way, long time member, first time poster.

Bluey
01-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Welcome Greencut. Glad to see your posting rather than lurking. Where you from.

greencut
01-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the welcome, I'm in Ringwood North, Melb. Ive been part time for 12 years but have got jack of working for the man and have just gone full time, probably couldnt have picked a better Spring.

NLALM
01-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Check out wheelspray.com american I know but I really like the look of these. They look much better than the aussieboy which is good but could easily have been better

Andy B
01-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the welcome, I'm in Ringwood North, Melb. Ive been part time for 12 years but have got jack of working for the man and have just gone full time, probably couldnt have picked a better Spring.

Welcome to the forum mate, it sure is a great spring!