PDA

View Full Version : victa powertorque recoil spring

Redeye
02-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Can anyone tell me how to replace the spring? How do you remove the large nut that is recessed into the plastic moulding to get to the spring
Any help greatly appreciated as this is my main mower
cheers

MOWON
08-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Can anyone tell me how to replace the spring? How do you remove the large nut that is recessed into the plastic moulding to get to the spring
Any help greatly appreciated as this is my main mower
cheers

Pull circlip opposite side first Redeye , push forward , stick in vice

Redeye
08-10-2010, 10:36 PM
found a new mower repair bloke in Nowra, put it back together with new spring/clip thingy for $20 - back in action

gcsmow
10-10-2010, 09:12 PM
My 2 stroke Victa had a leaky exhaust and it was blowing on the plastic pulley for the recoil starter. I stopped to empty the catcher and when I went to re-start it the rope pulling on the hot plastic bent the pulley, so I have to replace the pulley and fix the exhaust. Thanks for the advice on how to do it.

Another thing, I have a Victa 550 with a 2 stroke motor and it is gutless and thirsty compared to my other Victa 2 stroke. I don't want to jump to the most expensive conclusion first, I'm thinking maybe the exhaust port is blocked up with carbon or maybe the carby has a problem.

Any ideas ?

ian
10-10-2010, 10:24 PM
check the exhaust port and if necessary clean.then put some carby cleaner[ morey's upper cylinder lube and carby cleaner about 1.5-2 ml/litre or similar ] in the fuel and see if this helps

SouthCoast Walker
10-10-2010, 10:35 PM
If Ian's suggestion doesn't work, top end rebuild kits are cheap as chips for the Victa's

gcsmow
11-10-2010, 11:33 AM
If Ian's suggestion doesn't work, top end rebuild kits are cheap as chips for the Victa's

Thanks guys I just need more hours in the day to get around to doing it.
Hey South Coast, is that the bloke from "Trailer Park Boys" on your post?

SouthCoast Walker
11-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Thanks guys I just need more hours in the day to get around to doing it.
Hey South Coast, is that the bloke from "Trailer Park Boys" on your post?

Yep sure is Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys.

gcsmow
12-10-2010, 09:25 AM
He must have really good eyes to be able to see through those thick glasses.:laughing: