PDA

View Full Version : Whooping Cough

Mrs HMS
22-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Just a warning - there is apparently a bit of a Whooping Cough epidemic at the moment.

If you had immunisation for this as a kid go get a booster, apparently it wears off.

I know this because after 2 weeks of being sicker than I can ever remember I have just been diagnosed.

So got get a booster cos you really don't want this and it's highly contagious!

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/fear-over-whooping-cough-epidemic-20101020-16u7u.html

geoff1969
22-10-2010, 06:14 PM
there ya go folks no kissing mrs hms for a few weeks :laughing:

seriously get well soon and try and put your feet up for a few days
cheers..

ian
22-10-2010, 09:49 PM
geoff i think it would probably be worth the risk :)
Joanne give my sympathy to Timmy it must be murder for the poor bloke trying to survive while your sick and not able look after him properly
on a more serious note hope you get well soon and enjoy whatever rest you can get it will help you get better faster

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
22-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Gee What a coincidence. My parents were over tonight and they brought my nephew with them. He was coughing like a dog and according to the doctor he went to today he has asthma. What 10 year old all off a sudden gets asthma? Hope you get well soon Joanne. Will be giving my parents a ring.

Bluey
23-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Get well soon Joanne. My wife Vicky got this a couple of years ago and it lingered on for ages.

Andy B
23-10-2010, 09:23 AM
Hope Tim and the girls are looking after you Joanne! Get well soon.

Mrs HMS
23-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Gee What a coincidence. My parents were over tonight and they brought my nephew with them. He was coughing like a dog and according to the doctor he went to today he has asthma. What 10 year old all off a sudden gets asthma? Hope you get well soon Joanne. Will be giving my parents a ring.

That sounds like exactly where I started. Originally I was told I had bronchitis, next appointment was told I had severe asthma (which I have never had before). Got put on steroids and ventolin which did nothing (but I could bench press a fridge lol), antibiotics are helping but slowly.

If it sounds like your nephew is gasping for breath between coughs (the whoop) then I would definately be getting him checked. Blood test or swap can diagnose. Also look for retching/spewing when coughing and dizziness/fainting, that's the worst bit I reckon!

Got to watch it in kids, it can be so much worse than adults.

ian
23-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Joanne gorgeous ranga i like :)

Mrs HMS
23-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Thanks Ian, haven't played with my poser software for ages and I was bored last night so made a few new creations. She hasn't come out all that well in 100x100 pixels, looks much better full size. She's actually a ballerina I made for my daughter.

Bluey
23-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Cute...just like me

ian
24-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Cute...just like me

damn goes my fascination with redheads i think i need some brain bleach

VJinTownsville
24-10-2010, 11:54 AM
yea i had whooping cough for so long last year while working. of course im the silly whipper snapper and just ignored it and blamed it on dust and bad weather. had it for bout 2 months before I finally saw the doc and set me on the home straight.

Mrs HMS look after your health, its not a pretty illness and keeps you up all night coughin (and the other half)

now just recently I had my appendix taken out, so that was fun.