PDA

View Full Version : Honda 195

South East Mowing
24-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Have had a problem with my 195 motor "missing a beat" while revving high. Soaked carbyin petrol/engine cleaner for 24 hrs and cleaned with compressed air. Refitted- doing the same, ran a little while longer and it seemed to be ok. After a days works on Saturday it started doing it again. Would it be crap in the carby still or do I need to start looking elsewhere?

PaulG
24-10-2010, 09:01 AM
My 196 does the same. Put a new plug in last week and cleaned the air-filter and it improved but it has the same little 'miss' happening again too.

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
24-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Its not blowing white smoke is it if it is thats what happened to me and they said rings are gone.

South East Mowing
24-10-2010, 09:52 AM
No white smoke! I better put a new plug in, filter is ok. I tend to think there is crap still in carby so maybe will put carby from old 195 and see, and resoak and clean that carby again! During spring this is another job just servicing sometimes:whipit. Just as well everything else was prepared for spring with backups for my backups! Just want to keep on top of it all:madnoel

PaulG
24-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Nah. I just get a puff of black smoke when I put the throttle back to full then just the occasional miss as I'm going. Maybe it's just a Honda thing?

geoff1969
24-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Have had a problem with my 195 motor "missing a beat" while revving high. Soaked carbyin petrol/engine cleaner for 24 hrs and cleaned with compressed air. Refitted- doing the same, ran a little while longer and it seemed to be ok. After a days works on Saturday it started doing it again. Would it be crap in the carby still or do I need to start looking elsewhere?

put some carby cleaner in the fuel good 2 or 3 cap fulls and run it through the worst longest grass you can find to try clear it out if it still misses after cleaning carby and new plug , i would start to look at timming or ignition coil ,,,