PDA

View Full Version : New Kawasaki Brushcutter for sale

greencut
10-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Alright, I bought a KBL 27C a week ago hoping it would feel a bit lighter than my Honda. After trying it for a week I just cant adjust to the different technique required and cannot get use to it. So with a lot of new aches and pains I have gone back to the Honda I know and love, therefore I am looking to offload the Kawa. I paid $499 plus $50 for a spare bump feed cartidridge and bump button. Will take $430, if no interest it goes on Ebay.
I'm in Ringwood, Vic and can be contacted on 0413 301 358.

Cheers, Warren.

South East Mowing
10-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Try it a bit longer, just have it as a spare and slowly does it. Adjust the handle to different positions etc and try different ways to hold it. Persist and you may surprise yourself - its a good lightweight compared to the honda!

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
10-11-2010, 08:40 PM
How is it that much different?

greencut
10-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Tried different handle positions. Theres something about the smooth power delivery of a 4 stroke that you get used to I guess, plus I was having trouble edging vertically accurately due to the sheild being twice as big. Already got a backup too.

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
10-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Yeah i have 2 hondas and love them. But i have busted fuel tank on one and was considering buying a new machine.

Redeye
10-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Take the guard off - I haven't had a guard on a brushie for years

greencut
10-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Yeah thought of that but i'd miss the little line cutting blade. How else could you keep a sharp end on the line?

SouthCoast Walker
10-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Take the guard off - I haven't had a guard on a brushie for years

Holy cow what do your shins look like? not to mention how many windows do you break? Guard gives at least a little window protection.

Stripes
11-11-2010, 07:05 AM
Is it because it is the bull handle as opposed to the loop handle?

You should probably be able to take part of the guard off. There are some screws that you can undo and unclip the bottom part of the guard so it isnt so big. Make sure the harness is adjusted correctly. This is one of the most important things in being able to use it. When it is clipped onto the machine, you should be able to stand up straight and the head should be flat on the ground. When on slopes you can shorten it up and it makes life much easier. As for straight edges I have the engine tucked under my arm, left hand on the throttle, and right hand on the other bar where it meets the shaft- if that makes any sense. Try and stick with it because once you master it you will never go back to the loop handle.

Fred's mowing
11-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Holy cow what do your shins look like? not to mention how many windows do you break? Guard gives at least a little window protection.

Sorry SCW, Im with Redeye on this. I wear overalls so no shin probs.
I broke as many windows etc when I used to leave the gaurd on.
I love being able to see exactly & can cut edges as straight as using my atom.
I also discard the loop handle & just hold the shaft, enabling me to rotate from horizontal to vertical instantly.
Each to their own I guess?:russ:
Cheers Dean.

Scooby Steve
11-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Just be careful not using a guard because your insurance company will leave you high and dry in the event of an accident. Its all good till someone gets hurt, what happens if you fling a rock into someone and they get badly hurt, there is an investigation, not good, breaks OH & S rules as well just be careful thats all i'm saying is it worth the risk.

Andy B
11-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Alright, I bought a KBL 27C a week ago hoping it would feel a bit lighter than my Honda. After trying it for a week I just cant adjust to the different technique required and cannot get use to it. So with a lot of new aches and pains I have gone back to the Honda I know and love, therefore I am looking to offload the Kawa. I paid $499 plus $50 for a spare bump feed cartidridge and bump button. Will take $430, if no interest it goes on Ebay.
I'm in Ringwood, Vic and can be contacted on 0413 301 358.

Cheers, Warren.

Gee I got ripped on mine... paid more than that. :(

I like it, wish I was loaded I'd take another one at that price. Mine hasn't got the cutter bit on the guard and I use an alloy head. It's a bit tempermental till it warms up but once it is it goes till it runs out of fuel.

Fred's mowing
12-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Just be careful not using a guard because your insurance company will leave you high and dry in the event of an accident. Its all good till someone gets hurt, what happens if you fling a rock into someone and they get badly hurt, there is an investigation, not good, breaks OH & S rules as well just be careful thats all i'm saying is it worth the risk.

Yes Im a bit of a cowboy:o...................point taken.
Cheers Dean.

Fred's mowing
12-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Fair point Scoob, but how do u guys see whay your cutting?
Cheers Dean.

Andy B
13-11-2010, 07:11 AM
Cheers Dean.

We only cut on the far side (from 9 o'clock around to 3), you can't go around a pole like you can without a guard.

South East Mowing
13-11-2010, 07:37 AM
Sorry SCW, Im with Redeye on this. I wear overalls so no shin probs.
I broke as many windows etc when I used to leave the gaurd on.
I love being able to see exactly & can cut edges as straight as using my atom.
I also discard the loop handle & just hold the shaft, enabling me to rotate from horizontal to vertical instantly.
Each to their own I guess?:russ:
Cheers Dean.

Yeah X 2!
I keep 3 w/snips on my car with all sorts of guards on/off them - and the spares in tool box if I need to put them on. Cant say I have done any windows either!

Andy B
13-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Maybe the "grooming flap" acts a bit like a guard on a Brushie... :D lol:scared

simo
14-11-2010, 08:03 AM
Put a smaller gard on it or give it a trim short back and sides..a smaller guard is still better than no guard..

Scooby Steve
15-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Cheers Dean.

Never been an issue, i guess its what your use to.

The only problem i have with the guards is that it stops you getting into some spots because its bumping into things, but as pro contractors its something we really need to have on our machines and i am willing to put up with the slight down side to make sure i'm covered if something goes wrong.

More and more customers are taking OH&S very seriously especially commercial/government clients so i try to be compliant across the board.

geoff1969
15-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Never been an issue, i guess its what your use to.

The only problem i have with the guards is that it stops you getting into some spots because its bumping into things, but as pro contractors its something we really need to have on our machines and i am willing to put up with the slight down side to make sure i'm covered if something goes wrong.

More and more customers are taking OH&S very seriously especially commercial/government clients so i try to be compliant across the board.

x2 never had any problems with the guards rather have them on brother on the other hand all ways takes them off ... personal prefrence , same as mowing with the mower flap open or closed ...

greencut
15-12-2010, 06:46 AM
This brushcutter is now on Ebay starting at $400.....it would make a wonderful Xmas present!:xmas