PDA

View Full Version : Decent, reliable mower shops

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
11-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Is it just me or do mower mechanics and their employees see us as easy targets. I'm not a mechanical idiot and I dont have the time or want to spend my nights doing repairs on equipment but when I pay $120 for work to be done on a mower, I don't expect to have to spend 30min fixing their #@@k ups and then take it back because it is worse than before I dropped it in to them. This is 2 shops now and I am fed up.

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
11-11-2010, 08:35 PM
I have found the same problem with 3 shops up here and im sick of it as well.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
11-11-2010, 08:45 PM
I got told your carbie is stuffed, I can't even tune it.....no **** sherlock. Maybe if someone assembled the throttle assembly the right way it might make a difference.:knob

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
11-11-2010, 08:56 PM
I got told your carbie is stuffed, I can't even tune it.....no **** sherlock. Maybe if someone assembled the throttle assembly the right way it might make a difference.:knob

BTW Helps if they use the right length throttle cable as well.

Scooby Steve
11-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Is Dandenong/ Doveton too far for you to go Cranbourne for a decent shop?

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
11-11-2010, 09:06 PM

Hey Scoob. I was hoping I could use one of the local shops as they are only a couple of mins up the road but I might have to go to dandy. Have you got someone you recommend?

Scooby Steve
11-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Yeah i'll send you a pm with the details.

geoff
11-11-2010, 09:16 PM
theres only one in the Dandenong area thats ****************...probably the best mechanic for getting it right first time and very reasonable rates....

Scooby Steve
11-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Let me know if you didn't get the pm Cranbourne.

holdenhead
11-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Glen, you know the one I dont like, is it that one. I'm guessing it is. Cameron street mower repairs is good for repairs I have found. He fixes things properly. The others like to make you wait for a week before they get things back to you and the one that shares it's name with an ozzy built car (not Holden) blame any carby or rough running probs on dirty fuel. Even when I have just picked up the machine and it's still doing the same thing. Apparently I only got an hour out of my repaired Cox because I filled it with dirty fuel. Even though I didn't put any fuel in it and when I do it comes straight from the pump. When I returned with the mower doing the same thing they fixed it again and then charged me some more!!!! The same happened with my Sthil whipper.

Cheers Rick

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
11-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Let me know if you didn't get the pm Cranbourne.

Yep got it just sent one back. Thanks again Scoob

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
11-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Glen, you know the one I dont like, is it that one. I'm guessing it is. Cameron street mower repairs is good for repairs I have found. He fixes things properly. The others like to make you wait for a week before they get things back to you and the one that shares it's name with an ozzy built car (not Holden) blame any carby or rough running probs on dirty fuel. Even when I have just picked up the machine and it's still doing the same thing. Apparently I only got an hour out of my repaired Cox because I filled it with dirty fuel. Even though I didn't put any fuel in it and when I do it comes straight from the pump. When I returned with the mower doing the same thing they fixed it again and then charged me some more!!!! The same happened with my Sthil whipper.

Cheers Rick

Yeah ....You know who it is Rick. Thought I would give them a go after talking to their head mechanic. Should have known better. Can't say I'm over impressed with the other place either. Everything ends up costing twice as much as they say and there is one bloke their...( you probably know who I mean ) that I don't like dealing with! Or touching my equipment. I want adults doing the work for me not know it all kids.

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
11-11-2010, 09:59 PM
The only thing i can say is i can see the problem hapens everywhere not just here.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
15-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Just an update. Got my mower back today. Looks like they bent over backwards to make sure I was happy this time. Did everything that was supposed to be done last week plus more and only charged me $50 for a new carbie, fitted.

Good thing I didn't have to deal with one particular person there as I'm sure it would have cost a lot more.

Will see how it goes after a week of use and maybe give them another go with another machine. But anymore bull$hite like last week and they get the flick

Andy B
15-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Brendan at Burwood Highway Mowers, sorry to the others he's my favorite out of the 4 different shops I've used. Each have their good and bad points but he's great all round.

Bluey
15-11-2010, 06:46 PM
There is a brilliant bloke in Adelaide. I have no problems giving him a plug. Brilliant service and a fair dinkum bloke.

Phil Treligas from Chainsaws, Snippers and More.

http://csawandmow.com.au/

South East Mowing
15-11-2010, 06:49 PM

I'd like to know the 1 in Dandy/Doveton area!!:i dunno:

Scooby Steve
15-11-2010, 07:05 PM
There is two that i know of in the Dandy area i'll send you a pm with the one i like.