PDA

View Full Version : Video's on the forum

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
17-11-2010, 09:02 PM
G'day Admin

Don't know if its been ask before but is there a possibility the forum could be set up for members to upload video's?

Would be great to have walkthroughs of gardens, etc, etc.

geoff
17-11-2010, 09:06 PM
and watch you mowing lawns lol mate sounds cool

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
17-11-2010, 09:12 PM
and watch you mowing lawns lol mate sounds cool

I was thinking it would be cool to have videos of members gardens and equipment repairs and the like.

Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
17-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Put them on youtube and send the link accross on the forum.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
17-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Put them on youtube and send the link accross on the forum.

There always has to be a brainiac around hear doesn't there. Why didn't I think of that,,,,might be the beers.:thinking:monkey:doh:who-knows

Mick
17-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Have I put the Tanaka brush cutter vid up on here yet? Or the mowing vids? Cant remember!

courty
17-11-2010, 10:05 PM
It would be nice to be able to embed a video in the post rather than open a new page off a link.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
17-11-2010, 10:08 PM
It would be nice to be able to embed a video in the post rather than open a new page off a link.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh thats what I was thinking. Just load it straight from your own docs to the forum.

Mick
17-11-2010, 10:09 PM
That would be cool!
I would also like to upload pics (normal sized) straight into a post instead of using tinypic or the thumbnail thingy.

Andy B
19-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Video of me almost jumping out of my pants this morning would of made you all laugh. Found a redback in a 60l garbage bin, wanted to squish it but it wouldn't go to the side. Stupid stupid, I went to bump the bin so it would get a shock the spider and go to the side. The web stuck to my hand and I pulled it out spider and all. Made me jump and shake at the same time. Would of been great television. lol

geoff1969
19-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Video of me almost jumping out of my pants this morning would of made you all laugh. Found a redback in a 60l garbage bin, wanted to squish it but it wouldn't go to the side. Stupid stupid, I went to bump the bin so it would get a shock the spider and go to the side. The web stuck to my hand and I pulled it out spider and all. Made me jump and shake at the same time. Would of been great television. lol

yeh the red backs seem to be out in full force this year .. done a clean up slashing job yesterday place aint been done for a 12 months as soon as i started the old kookaburras came from every where counted 7 at one stage thay where picking the bugs and insects out of the ground no more than ten feet behind me as i was mowing ... just thought yeh go on guys have a nice easy feed enjoy ....

Mrs HMS
19-11-2010, 05:10 PM
The pictures and videos you load as attachments really chew up the space the site uses. It also slows the loading of pages down for some people.

When I want to share a video or picture on a forum I use my Photobucket account and insert the relevant [IMG] code (which photobucket gives you automatically) in to the post.

If you use Photobucket or similar site then you can lock your privacy settings so that your pics and videos can't be accessed by the entire world, if you choose. You can share your images to formum, Facebook, Twitter, Myspace and MSN Messenger directly from there too.

courty
19-11-2010, 05:17 PM
The pictures and videos you load as attachments really chew up the space the site uses. It also slows the loading of pages down for some people.

When I want to share a video or picture on a forum I use my Photobucket account and insert the relevant [IMG] code (which photobucket gives you automatically) in to the post.

If you use Photobucket or similar site then you can lock your privacy settings so that your pics and videos can't be accessed by the entire world, if you choose. You can share your images to formum, Facebook, Twitter, Myspace and MSN Messenger directly from there too.

I use photobucket for my pics,never thought to look at it for video not that I do much of it.