PDA

View Full Version : New business experience

thebeechy
21-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Well it has been some very interesting and exciting days...

After some planning for a (part time) career change, I decided to become a member of ILMCOA.

Ordered the pack last Thursday, hoping it would arrive on Friday (which I knew would be a challenge), it didn't...
So on Saturday decided to deliver some flyers simply with the words "Lawn Mowing"

On Monday got a call for a garden cleanup, wife went to check it for me, got all the details, did the sums as per the book which arrived on Tuesday. Rang them, gave them the quote, which they went quiet and said they'll call me back. I stuck to my quote as per the book, and lo and behold they rang back today to enquire when can we do it, in other words we're booked.

Tonight got another call, to quote lawn mowing on a block, seeing them tomorrow.

Excited, Bloody oath.

Thanks to Dean, who I've spoken to at least 4-5 times over the past week. His insights and advice has been very helpful.

As the wife said tonight, the membership has paid for itself already.

bigG
22-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Well it has been some very interesting and exciting days...

After some planning for a (part time) career change, I decided to become a member of ILMCOA.

Ordered the pack last Thursday, hoping it would arrive on Friday (which I knew would be a challenge), it didn't...
So on Saturday decided to deliver some flyers simply with the words "Lawn Mowing"

On Monday got a call for a garden cleanup, wife went to check it for me, got all the details, did the sums as per the book which arrived on Tuesday. Rang them, gave them the quote, which they went quiet and said they'll call me back. I stuck to my quote as per the book, and lo and behold they rang back today to enquire when can we do it, in other words we're booked.

Tonight got another call, to quote lawn mowing on a block, seeing them tomorrow.

Excited, Bloody oath.

Thanks to Dean, who I've spoken to at least 4-5 times over the past week. His insights and advice has been very helpful.

As the wife said tonight, the membership has paid for itself already.

go kick some butt :wave-hi: . good stuff .i hope all goes well for you mate

patch
22-06-2006, 09:24 PM
CONGRATULATIONS thebeechy keep going and you will succeed
I have found flyer's will work the best just make them plan and simple so the customer doesn't get confused :russ:

Shepparton Lawn Care
22-06-2006, 10:24 PM
:aus-flag: Good Luck beechy, stick to your guns on your price as you will learn an awful lot in the first 12 months-I'll bet you have a bit of a giggle at what you charge now based on how long you think it will take you compared with 12 months down the track.Don't forget to enjoy the ride, as someone a lot smarter than me said-enjoy the journey, not just the destination!!.Good luck and cheers for now