PDA

View Full Version : Starter chord guide bolt. (honda)

Andy B
24-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Finally snapped the guide bolt yesterday after straightening it for a third time. Not sure if I'm a weakling and couldn't pull the chord through the new bolt as I had to pry it apart then squeeze back together with plyers. Is there an easy way to do it without weakening the bolt?

63impala
24-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Take a photo...

Andy B
24-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Uno the little loop that the starter chord goes through which bolts onto the handles. It's a P shaped bolt. On the 196 they are on the right hand side and face outwards.

MowerRob
24-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Finally snapped the guide bolt yesterday after straightening it for a third time. Not sure if I'm a weakling and couldn't pull the chord through the new bolt as I had to pry it apart then squeeze back together with plyers. Is there an easy way to do it without weakening the bolt?

If ya replacing cord why dont u put the handle on after u have threaded the cord thru the guide then tie the cord to the handle

bent bolts mean u are hitting to much stuff another idea is to put the guide bolt the other way round so the cord and handle is inside not outside the frame

Andy B
24-11-2010, 07:51 PM
I just busted the bolt against the cage on my trailer. I've never taken the chord out so I tried to pull the chord into the P loop but couldn't. Thanks for that mowerrob I've done that wish I'd done it ages ago.

ian
24-11-2010, 10:32 PM
also when they break just buy a gal eyelet from bunnings