PDA

View Full Version : what would you do

geoff
26-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Made think today as a contractor was injured unloading his trailer at the tip , the tip staff had to call an ambulance and he was looking pretty sick.( not sure of the outcome but hope he will be ok , a jimmie infact )
Now he was on his own , ute full of tools exposed and mowers on the trailer...so how do you handle the problem..is the wife at work , mates at work too...tip will close at 3.30 even though its a secure fence wont open till Monday..
One advantage if you have an offsider but for most of us its something you wouldn't like to imagine if it happened to you.

Bluey
26-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Made think today as a contractor was injured unloading his trailer at the tip , the tip staff had to call an ambulance and he was looking pretty sick.( not sure of the outcome but hope he will be ok , a jimmie infact )
Now he was on his own , ute full of tools exposed and mowers on the trailer...so how do you handle the problem..is the wife at work , mates at work too...tip will close at 3.30 even though its a secure fence wont open till Monday..
One advantage if you have an offsider but for most of us its something you wouldn't like to imagine if it happened to you.

Poor bugger. Yes it would make you think if working alone. Luckily for me I have an offsider. Him being a Jimmy hopefully another jimmie pr his franchisor would help him out.

VJinTownsville
26-11-2010, 05:15 PM
haha ive lost count how many times TLLG has pulled me out of a pickle lol

Andy B
26-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Scary, poor fella hope he's alright. Which tip is it? (only joking :D)

My gear is all pretty secure except for a few cheap things, lock the car, padlock the tools and equipment. Which will keep an honest unprepared criminal out. But the fact is while you'll probably stress out a little more if it gets left out somewhere the chances are an organized crim will take your gear from outside your house.

Another interesting thing is my friends who used to process insurance theft claims tell me that there is less theft claims when it's raining. So hopefully the it rains most the week end and the crims stay home!

DavidS
17-02-2011, 05:41 AM
I am lucky here, in small country town, the tip staff know me and where I live, they would drop my ute and trailer off home for me.