PDA

View Full Version : Drive belt on greenfield mower

danz
06-12-2010, 08:08 PM
G'day guys just wondering how hard it is to put a new drive belt on a greenfield ride on mower? i have taken off the back bit that the seats on and i see the to drive plates and know how to take the spring and tension off im just confused where to start with the bloody belt?

danz
08-12-2010, 03:50 PM
and how do i adjust the chain so it's abit tighter she has too much slack c'mon old boys help a brother out i reckon most of you would have owned a greenie at some point in time any replies will be much appreciated even if it is a rough guess lol:help

RSM-Gazza
08-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Danz,

I'm no help to ya,

But I burnt (smoked it) the belt that controls the mower deck blades, causing too much vibration to continue with. Thought about dropping the deck at home as I can ramp the ride on up to access under. But thought, nah too much mucking around. Cost $98 to have the husky dealer fit a new one which he did within the hour.

Sorry mate, no help at all was I.:i dunno:

danz
08-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Thats alright mate i sorted out the chain which was actually simple i will suss out the belt tomorrow, thanks anyway champ i hope you don't go doing to many belts

gcsmow
16-12-2010, 12:27 AM
Genuine Greenfield belts should come with a belt routing diagram. Or google it there must be something on-line or the owners manual.

danz
16-12-2010, 07:55 AM
G'day mate i got it sorted i just had to have a good think how it goes, yeah there was nothing on google or in any manual i could find so thats why i asked here anyway thanks for the replies fellas i am sure i'll be asking a hundred more questions next year