PDA

View Full Version : Honda HRU196M1

administrator
16-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Honda HRU196M1 lawn Mower RRP $1039

http://www.hondampe.com.au/repository/power_equipment/products/lawnmowers/commercial/HRU196M1/introduction.aspx

All the benefits of Honda’s superior engine technology at a very affordable price, the all new Buffalo Classic is ideal for medium lawns & the serious contractor. The Buffalo Classic features an advanced and compact 4-Stroke technology engine that delivers outstanding power, torque and fuel economy. The GXV, 4-Stroke engine uses a durable cast-iron bore and being a 4-Stroke engine means you no longer need to mix fuel and oil again.

The Buffalo Classic Mulch and Catch also features a mulching plug – giving you the added flexibility to mulch as you mow.

Honda is using the latest technology and innovation to provide safety for everyone including operators and passers-by to significantly reduce the risk of injury.

Honda's all new mower range also incorporates the latest safety feature to protect you and your family from potential hazards. This mower is equipped with added safety with the new Honda ENGINE BRAKE technology which stops the blades and the engine within 3 seconds upon release of the handle.

Features
Blade Brake:
Added Safety with Honda's new Blade Brake Technology – stops the blade within 3 seconds upon release of the handle, whilst the engine continues to run

Handle Folding:
Improved locking and pivoting system

Easy Start & Zone Start:
Easy to reach starter handle eliminates the need to get close to the cutting area

Height Adjuster Handle:
Improved design makes height adjustment easy

Wheels:
High quality compounds are used to enhance the durability and traction

Swing Back Blades:
Swing Back Blade System that ensures superior cutting and engine protection

Discharge guard:
New rear discharge guard safely enables rear discharge and saves time from frequent emptying of the grass catcher

Grass Bag:
Uses dust direction technology, keeping the dust away from the operators face, also promotes easy emptying whilst extending the life of the bag

Handle Grip:
25mm diameter tube for improved comfort and durability

Deck:
Newly styled high quality aluminium alloy cutting deck prevents rust and corrosion, with improved cutting and catching performance

Rear Safety shield:
New durable design for performance and safety

Snorkel:
Standard snorkel provides superior engine protection in harsh and dusty Australian conditions

Mulching Plug:
Easy to install mulching plug makes mulching a breeze

mowerman
17-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Hey guys, only new to the game, started earlier this year and purchased a 196 then and love it to bits.

The height adjustment arm broke so took it back to the local dealer to get replacement arm. They told me 3 days to fix. I had so much work on I thought it might be time to buy another one, can't afford to be without a mower.

Purchased the new 196... very disappointed. Bag is only filling half to three quarters, and sick to death of clearing that chute. Had it one day and honestly wanted to throw it off a cliff. Spoke to the mower shop and told them how unhappy I was and would they refund my money. No. They said they would have a look at it, check the revs, may not be revving high enough to throw the grass. Left it with them for a couple of days and Honda rep happened to drop in whilst it was there. He just said try 4 blades, although it shouldn't need it. He hasn't had any complaints.

Picked up the mower, revs all good 3000rpm, now has 4 blades but I am still having the same problem. It adds so much time to a yard. All I seem to do is empty half full catchers and continually clear the chute. I have now decided to leave it in the shed as a back up and us the old 196.

As I said only new to the game, but in my short time and limited experience I think I can say that the new Honda just doesn't cut it... I will never be buying another one.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Shane

administrator
17-12-2010, 07:43 PM
I have heard alot of complaints about this model cutting wet grass and the contractors are saying its useless in the wet but of course it will be excellent in the dry .
So i know you will be using them .
Have asked Honda for a demo unit and will see what the problem really is the Hru19m1 had no probs cutting wet grass so there must be something extra under the chassis to cause this problem .
the base is the same on all models

administrator
17-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Hey guys, only new to the game, started earlier this year and purchased a 196 then and love it to bits.

The height adjustment arm broke so took it back to the local dealer to get replacement arm. They told me 3 days to fix. I had so much work on I thought it might be time to buy another one, can't afford to be without a mower.

Purchased the new 196... very disappointed. Bag is only filling half to three quarters, and sick to death of clearing that chute. Had it one day and honestly wanted to throw it off a cliff. Spoke to the mower shop and told them how unhappy I was and would they refund my money. No. They said they would have a look at it, check the revs, may not be revving high enough to throw the grass. Left it with them for a couple of days and Honda rep happened to drop in whilst it was there. He just said try 4 blades, although it shouldn't need it. He hasn't had any complaints.

Picked up the mower, revs all good 3000rpm, now has 4 blades but I am still having the same problem. It adds so much time to a yard. All I seem to do is empty half full catchers and continually clear the chute. I have now decided to leave it in the shed as a back up and us the old 196.

As I said only new to the game, but in my short time and limited experience I think I can say that the new Honda just doesn't cut it... I will never be buying another one.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Shane

The honda Rep mustnt of read the Honda Fact sheet that they would of sent to him as product knowledge .
The fact sheet says no noticeable difference when useing 4 blades .

Yes i have the facts sheets here in my office on the new models .

administrator
17-12-2010, 08:02 PM
By the way put your complaints in writing then post to Honda Australia they do act on them .
just telling some one will just go no where could be a waste of time .

Mowing 4 U
18-12-2010, 10:32 AM

Just my 2 cents worth...

Shane

I Believe you were entitled to a refund, I have always received a refund on items I believe didnt work as intended. Being that it didnt perform as well or better (Technology) than your older model would have been good enough grounds for me to be asking. They always hesitate at first, telling me they dont do refunds, but Fair Trading has other ideas. ( I haveing looked on their website in a while, probably should), But Granted i only ask for refunds when I honestly believe I have not received, what i paid for.

Hope this helps, my 2c worth

Ken

Andy B
20-12-2010, 12:42 PM

Just my 2 cents worth...

Shane

Hi Shane,

I see your from Marburg, stop into the pub and have a beer and a steak sandwich for me! Miss going there once a month or so. Sorry to hear the new 196 is a piece of sh1t for ya.

geoff
20-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Mowing 4 U
mate totally agree , never touch a Honda evr evr again..... just my twenty cents worth tooo = number of years using mowers

cap
08-02-2011, 09:38 PM
I have heard alot of complaints about this model cutting wet grass and the contractors are saying its useless in the wet but of course it will be excellent in the dry .
So i know you will be using them .
Have asked Honda for a demo unit and will see what the problem really is the Hru19m1 had no probs cutting wet grass so there must be something extra under the chassis to cause this problem .
the base is the same on all models

Admin, did Honda get back to you about that demo unit?

I'm eagerly awaiting this review to see whats causing the problem.

The old 196 didn't have these problems, they introduce the new model with a new chassis design and a new problem crops up, I dont know why they dont bloody leave things alone :mad:

PaulG
09-02-2011, 02:51 AM
Saw one of these at the local equipment hire shop today and I thought they were self-propelled but that's just the blade brake handle obviously. Shame to hear that they are not throwing well but is this in long wet grass or short dry stuff?
My old 196 doesn't do too well in the longer wet stuff either so maybe it's not the new design but just "a Honda thing".