PDA

View Full Version : Honda slasha mowing for mulching

la huerta
28-12-2010, 02:47 PM
hey guys, merry xmas to all!

i have a honda 21in slasher, see it here (http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/products/models.aspx?page=models&section=P2LM&category=hrs)

i was thinking of using it as a mulcher instead, as it is such an enjoyable light weight mower, i was going to seal off the out-shoot and fit it with some mulcher blades.

has anyone done this or can provide me with some info on what blades to use, hint and tips etc.

thanks in advance...La H

63impala
28-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Do they sell them here...

la huerta
28-12-2010, 04:50 PM
not sure bigboy, i have had mine for about a year, before all this rain came, with dry weather and short grass i can use a slasher on most jobs, but with the long grass around now i need to sort of mulch the grass up a little more.

if nobody replies, i will just grab a couple of mulcher blades and seal up the shoot and see how it goes :)

when you look at dedicated mulchers (apart from those fancy twin blade ones) there not much different than a slasher, just no chute.

ian
28-12-2010, 05:13 PM
well the site says side discharge and mulch so i would assume that if you remove the discharge chute and seal it up it should mulch only way to find out for sure is to try it

la huerta
28-12-2010, 05:34 PM
your right it does say side discharge and mulch, i must of linked to the wrong model, mine is just the side discharge only, think there about $900 new, no self drive and 5.5hp...top little machine :)

Bgs
18-02-2011, 07:27 PM
your right it does say side discharge and mulch, i must of linked to the wrong model, mine is just the side discharge only, think there about $900 new, no self drive and 5.5hp...top little machine :)

Did you get around to changing the blades and sealing the side shoot ? I have the same mower and would be interested to hear How it went