PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to buy:Victa 550

hjl
04-01-2011, 09:35 AM
Hi to all,
I want to buy a Victa Mulchmaster 550 vari speed 2 stroke.
I live in Stanthorpe Qld. I would like the mower to be picked up within 4 hours drive of Stanthorpe. If freight at a reasonable price anywhere is an option.
Regards
hjl

hjl
07-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Hi to all,
Anyone close to Sydney looking for a Victa 550?
There are 7 for sale at the Manheim auction on 19/1/11.
Hope this helps someone. I can't think how I could get one freighted to Stanthorpe cheap.
Regards
hjl

Bugga
08-01-2011, 05:42 AM
HJL there is a company called E-go couriers, they cover a large area over the east coast. A few people I know have used them & said they are very reasonable.

I will be having a look at this auction as well.

If I can help at this end let me know.

Ian

hjl
08-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Hi Ian,
Thanks for your post. I think it would be too much for the couriers or the people running the auction to organise. The couriers want the items boxed first problem.
Good luck at the auction as there is other gear there like blowers etc.
hjl

Bugga
08-01-2011, 08:34 PM
hjl. If you want to bid on this item I dont mind picking it up & taking it to courier of your choice in Sydney. I have a half pallet at home that you are welcome to and also have a large roll of plastic to wrap it in for transport.

This also applies to any other Indies looking for assistance, this is what INDY is all about, lending a hand to each other.

Ian

edbeek
09-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Hjl, If you buy it right, the freight costs might not be such an issue. I'm getting an older Honda 21"sp freebie sent 1500km from NW Qld for $110 freight.

Another possibility, my mower shop has just traded a Victa 550, and I have first offer once he has a good look at it/reconditions it. I haven't seen it yet so it might not come to anything.
I'm very tight for finances to be buying more toys at present, so if I can't handle it when it comes up, I'll let you know.
It's less than 200km from you.

PaulG
09-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Just had a look through the catalogue for that auction and there's a good range of gear there. Be aware of all the extra fees, charges and admin costs plus freight before you bid though.

Those Victa 550 units are the 4 stroke ones too and not the 2 strokes with the huge fuel tanks.

hjl
09-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Hi Ian,
Thanks very much for your offer of help. As someone else said to watch all the other fees and charges.One would need to buy very well to make it worthwhile. I am more interested in a 2 stroke model as well.
Regards
hjl

hjl
09-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Hi edbeek,
Thanks very much for your offer.A 550 within 200 kms sounds real good.
Regards
hjl

hjl
10-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Hi edbeek,
If something comes up re the 550 my ph no is 0434 536 958 or you can PM me. I will have to learn how to read and send PMs.
Thanks for your help.
hjl

PaulG
10-01-2011, 10:31 AM
HJL,

To read a PM if you have any just click on "Private Messages"at the top right of screen.

If you want to send one to someone click their username above the ILMCOA logo, select the tab that says "Contact Info" then select "Send Private Message".

Cheers, Paul

Bugga
11-01-2011, 01:38 PM
hjl

Mate no worries , I agree you have to be careful of added fees & such. Picked up a Husqvarna 335 rx brushie from Grays online before Xmas for $150 including all fees , ex council seems to be in pretty good nick.

On the roundabout the Victa I am interested in has the petrol tank up on the handles. If you spot any of these for sale can you drop me a line.

Good on ya

Ian

Redeye
13-01-2011, 02:40 PM
here's one in Brissie http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/index.php?referrerid=9

ian
13-01-2011, 02:46 PM
sorry redeye but that link is the wrong one

Redeye
13-01-2011, 03:36 PM
try this http://cgi.ebay.com.au/5-HP-VICTA-2-STROKE-MOWER-SLASHER-550-CUT-SERVICED-/140497847432?pt=AU_Lawnmowers&hash=item20b6530488#ht_2204wt_1139

hjl
13-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Hi Redeye,
Thanks for the link. I would prefer a newer model than this one that takes the mulch plug. I am tring to find a 550 that is closer to me as I hate driving in Brisbane.
Thanks.
hjl

Redeye
13-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Something(s) to consider, the single speed units are much more reliable(& pretty quick!) than the vari-speed (most honest dealers & nearly all mechanics will agree) which rules out the recent models, though I don't know what year the quality slipped. Also, I can't see the point in a mulch plug with these, if you mow in a clockwise direction you end up with a better job than 90% of mulching mowers, you just have a bit in the middle to blow or, if its a thicker cut, rake & dispose of - usually bugger all.

Andy B
14-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Something(s) to consider, the single speed units are much more reliable(& pretty quick!) than the vari-speed (most honest dealers & nearly all mechanics will agree) which rules out the recent models, though I don't know what year the quality slipped. Also, I can't see the point in a mulch plug with these, if you mow in a clockwise direction you end up with a better job than 90% of mulching mowers, you just have a bit in the middle to blow or, if its a thicker cut, rake & dispose of - usually bugger all.

Hi Redeye, thanks for the tips I've been thinking I might get a 550 when i'm ready. Also I use your clockwise method and it works great till half way and my little bob then starts to choke as it can't handle all the extra clippings, I then change directions and throw back over the last track, it's a little messy but does the trick and avoids the big pile in the middle.