PDA

View Full Version : Advertising in School / church newsletters.

Gordon Gekko
09-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Hi All,

Anybody advertised in their kids school newsletters and/or church newsletters??? If so, had any luck with it?

Cheers

Jay

SouthCoast Walker
09-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Was going to do the school newsletter this spring but didn't get around to it and was too busy already without any extra customers, will definitely do it next spring though, I think it could be a winner and apparently very cheap.

Andy B
09-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Get known at a school ;) I have a few regulars that stopped me coming and going from school to ask for a quote. Had a few total pita's too but ignore them.

Redeye
09-02-2011, 06:58 PM
I advertised in a nearby villages' Progress Assn newsletter(monthly), $74 for a year, best bit of advertising I ever did

Mrs HMS
09-02-2011, 08:40 PM
We did the school newsletter. It was $5 per month and for that our ad took up half the back page. We had far more success with this that local papers and ALL the work was in our suburb

PaulG
09-02-2011, 11:41 PM
Was only just thinking about this yesterday. Going to make some enquiries when I have a spare minute or 10.

bb1
30-10-2011, 06:57 AM
I have about 6 or 7 from the school just from parking the truck there when dropping or picking up the kids. Generally clients will give the locals a go first, worth a shot for sure.

glassngrass
30-10-2011, 07:18 AM
Busines owners of one denomination include the logo of the outline of a fish in their advertising. It shouts "I am a 'Christian' so you should support my business". Apparently the arrangement is you ask for a "Christian discount".

I'd suggest that advertising in church newsletters will result in calls from those who :

1. ask for and expect a 'Christian Discount'
2. want you to provide a special free (or very cheap) service to the 'disadvantaged' - because you're a Christian too (since you advertised in a church newsletter)

If this is the market you are aiming at, by all means advertise here.
I feel you'd be happier with the response from a school newsletter.

watlebird mowing
30-10-2011, 07:39 AM
I advertise in the kids school news letter, for about 3months now and have only had 1 call from it, I've had more work just from word of mouth around the school.
It is cheap though and I plan to stick with it for a while and see how it goes, I only need to get 1 regular mow off it and it will pay for its self in no time.

Mrs HMS
30-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Busines owners of one denomination include the logo of the outline of a fish in their advertising. It shouts "I am a 'Christian' so you should support my business". Apparently the arrangement is you ask for a "Christian discount".

I'd suggest that advertising in church newsletters will result in calls from those who :

1. ask for and expect a 'Christian Discount'
2. want you to provide a special free (or very cheap) service to the 'disadvantaged' - because you're a Christian too (since you advertised in a church newsletter)

If this is the market you are aiming at, by all means advertise here.
I feel you'd be happier with the response from a school newsletter.

Well we advertised in a Christian school newsletter and not once did anyone ask for a discount so perhaps that theory is just that, a theory. We found it extremely effective.

glassngrass
30-10-2011, 05:18 PM
So, Joanne, you advertised in a school newsletter, not a church newsletter.

I hope your school advertising was effective. Why not try the church newsletter and compare the response against my theory?