PDA

View Full Version : gopher

bulldogs195461
09-02-2011, 07:53 PM
was reading these threads and liked the sound of gopher so have downloaded it to trial.how up to date is my trial says gopher 2006.
regards john

PTG
09-02-2011, 08:34 PM
hey john, just wondering what is gopher and where did you download it from ???
(new to this site as of today) regards Tracy

Andy B
09-02-2011, 08:45 PM
hey john, just wondering what is gopher and where did you download it from ???
(new to this site as of today) regards Tracy

Welcome to the forum! I used to live over at Marsden just a hop skip and jump from you.

Bgs
09-02-2011, 09:53 PM
i have the paid version and its 2006

fairdinkum
10-02-2011, 03:54 AM
Gopher is useless american time consuming rubbish! I bought it, used it a few times and haven't touched it since. Total waste of money!

Bluey
10-02-2011, 06:12 AM
On the other hand I think Gopher is quite good as a scheduling program. I have tried a range of other methods and Gopher is the best I have found. Like all programs you need to learn how to use it to get the most out of it. I don't use if for invoicing though. That is done in Quick Books

Bulldogs if you buy the full version after the trial you will get the latest version.

Matt the mower man
28-09-2011, 05:20 PM
I actually just downloaded the trial version and am quite impressed as its simple and easy to use and with how bad I am on computers its easy and fast to work out, hopefully stays that way. Any other good software around?

courty
28-09-2011, 05:34 PM
I actually just downloaded the trial version and am quite impressed as its simple and easy to use and with how bad I am on computers its easy and fast to work out, hopefully stays that way. Any other good software around?

Matt
Have a look at
http://www.keepiteasy.com.au/
I've been using it for a few months now and it does everything I want including financials quickly and easily. If you have any problems with it the customer service from Selina is first class.

BobC
28-09-2011, 06:19 PM
I downloaded the trial version of Keep It Easy a couple of weeks ago and although I haven't yet found out everything it can do, I've seen enough to go ahead and buy the full version. I just ordered it through Dean earlier today.

It's just got to be better than scraps of paper and post-it notes!
:doh

PaulG
28-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Matt
Have a look at
http://www.keepiteasy.com.au/
I've been using it for a few months now and it does everything I want including financials quickly and easily. If you have any problems with it the customer service from Selina is first class.

As much as I like to think I am I am so not a computer person. Although I can edit photos in Photoshop and Lightroom I could not get my head around Keep It Easy for mowing and gardening. :i dunno:

Neil&family
28-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Keep it easy for me here too.It is brilliant when you work out the finer things. I have been using the send letter function a fair bit lately which is a nice and easy process. Scheduling is great as you can see the income for each day and change things around if needed with ease.It reminds you on the main page if you have regulars with out their next job booked and follow-ups or notes as well and even if you have missed someone.
Makes my day a peice of piss when i get home.

geoff
28-09-2011, 07:11 PM
i have found gopher to be easy to use and certainly better than pen and paper , now we have keep it easy for which i am keen but the thought of setting up again is a pain as i have years plus of stuff using gopher...i use invoice to go for the iphone when invoicing , gopher for scheduling and quickbooks for the accountancy side including invoicing....so now does keep it easy do all of that in one..?????????? can keep it easy have an app for the phone ?

Matt the mower man
28-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Cheers guys, will check keep it easy out too.

I was totally confused on which quickbooks version to get and didnt want to waste good money incase I got the wrong one haha.
From what Ive played on Gopher so far, Im happy to see most of the features I was wanting are on it.

watlebird mowing
05-10-2011, 08:21 PM
:confused:I have also downloaded the trial version of Gopher which looks pretty good so far to me, Can anyone using it please tell me if you can edit the look of the invoice's? the generic one that it spits out has no Phone number on it, no logo etc.

might have to go have a look at "keep it easy" now aswell before I decide what to buy:confused:

Bgs
05-10-2011, 08:39 PM
:confused:I have also downloaded the trial version of Gopher which looks pretty good so far to me, Can anyone using it please tell me if you can edit the look of the invoice's? the generic one that it spits out has no Phone number on it, no logo etc.

might have to go have a look at "keep it easy" now aswell before I decide what to buy:confused:

If you click on Options in the main menu you can customise the invoice and add all your company details, tax rate payment terms ect. and a logo. :wave-hi:

watlebird mowing
05-10-2011, 08:48 PM
thanks mate I'll give it a shot

imoww
06-10-2011, 01:58 PM
No good for mac.....