PDA

View Full Version : myob premier accounting v2006 and Intuit Quickbooks 2011

bulldogs195461
16-02-2011, 04:34 PM
myob premier accounting v2006 and Intuit Quickbooks 2011,ok ive been offered one of these for my bussiness,anyone got any ideas which one would be best to use,easiest etc.im trying to do gopher trial as well.regards john

geoff
16-02-2011, 04:56 PM
I am using quick books 2008 and does what i need and emails invoices for which i wanted..great for bas preps and end of year tax
as for scheduling well Gopher works for us....

Bluey
16-02-2011, 05:38 PM
I use Quickbooks and Gopher same as Geoff

Bgs
16-02-2011, 09:19 PM
I would go with what ever your accountant prefers. Like Geoff and Bluey I use quickbooks and found it easy to pick up also use Gopher for scheduling winning combo.

DavidS
17-02-2011, 06:58 PM
I use Cashflow Manager and Gopher, suits me, I can do all my accounts and email them, very simple to use for a small business, if you have employees you can use Cashflow Manager Wages or top out on Gold. It is a very simple book keeping program, you can purchase Care membership which is a 1300 number in Adelaide.
heres a link if anyone is interested. http://www.cashflow-manager.com.au/

RSM-Gazza
06-03-2011, 02:07 AM
MYOB, had me stressed initially big time.
But with the 3 BAS statements I've had so far plus initial set up. I called in a book keeper who is a MYOB consultant to start me off and train me, whilst ensuring process were/are correct at each BAS period.
Must say with her help and with another person within here. Its all so sweet and easy to do now and stress free.
Dkts/invoices processed daily and reconciliation matches all the time.
Went to a new now reg client who is a tradie and he was stressed big time doing his Feb BAS manually using a books/pens. I pointed him in right direction and hope he takes the advice.
Made me feel pretty good to see were I'm at with MYOB now versus last June/July/Sept and see the tradies stress level that I used to carry.

glassngrass
06-03-2011, 07:11 AM
[QUOTE=Bgs;63993]I would go with what ever your accountant prefers./QUOTE]

As a bookkeeper i much prefer QB over MYOB, however most accountants prefer MYOB over QB. This decision has nothing to do with one being better than the other, but what they are more familiar with.
Really, unless they are doing the data entry, their preference is irrelevant. They work off reports generated from within either just as easily.
Choice of accounting package should be up to the ones actually using it.
If your accountant doesn't want to work with YOUR (or your bookkeeper's) preferred accounting package then get a new accountant.