PDA

View Full Version : Not a bad fine

cadase
16-02-2011, 06:00 PM
http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/fine-but-tree-lopper-says-theyre-dangerous/story-fn6ck4a4-1226001087184

He doesn't care about the fine :chainsaw yeah righto

courty
16-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Bluey will back him up

Bluey
16-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Yeah I saw that. What a load of BS this is. Bloody significant tree law should be scrapped and burned. Ok he did the wrong thing but he is absolutely right. They should not have bloody gum trees in suburbia. They are an absolute pest. I have a massive one near me and I spend hours cleaning up from it. It drops crap 24/7, uplifts the road, drops massive branches, breaks water pipes and fills my driveway and gutters with leaves and bark.

These bloody thing are potential killers and the useless twits in planning at Councils will not let you do anything with them. But if one falls on your house and destroys it you cannot sue them. I am so fired up over this issue I would contribute towards this blokes fine. I am really considering bagging all the crap that comes from their street tree and walking in and dumping it in their foyer once a week.

It is a useless law administered by a bunch of cretins who have no bloody idea. This law needs changing and I commend this bloke for his stance. About time people said no to this crap

Mick
16-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Widow Makers!:chainsaw

Stripes
16-02-2011, 07:04 PM
I agree Bluey. Gum trees should never be anywhere near houses or playgrounds.

Have a look at this story. The comments from the Green mayor caused me to get a bit of vomit in my throat.

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/conservation/an-unkind-cut-that-led-to-a-record-fine-20110201-1acgo.html

Bluey
16-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Yes and it is the attitude of that Mayor that permeates all Councils. I will bet London to a brick on he does not have a big significant tree anywhere near him. It is one thing to wear the rose coloured glasses and display your hairy armpits for all to see but it is a totally different thing to live in the shadow of one of these things.

cadase
16-02-2011, 07:24 PM
I have a gum that's 1 metre (the trunk ) from the side of my house, spent 3 hours saturday cleaning up the crap that it drops,
I do feel for the guy, but, he's in the industry, he knows the game The council won't loose any sleep over the $22,500 fine, but he will. I think he just took the gamble and got caught. Obviously the fine stinks.

cadase
16-02-2011, 07:30 PM
I agree Bluey. Gum trees should never be anywhere near houses or playgrounds.

Have a look at this story. The comments from the Green mayor caused me to get a bit of vomit in my throat.

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/conservation/an-unkind-cut-that-led-to-a-record-fine-20110201-1acgo.html

Many a night, sleeping in a tent in a caravan park in the riverland, hearing the gums groan, thinking yeah i'm pretty safe in this tent :rolleyes:

Bluey
16-02-2011, 07:32 PM
I have a gum that's 1 metre (the trunk ) from the side of my house, spent 3 hours saturday cleaning up the crap that it drops,
I do feel for the guy, but, he's in the industry, he knows the game The council won't loose any sleep over the $22,500 fine, but he will. I think he just took the gamble and got caught. Obviously the fine stinks.

Yeah agree with that. He should have said get your DA approval and I will do the job. But I have seen Council workings on this from the inside. It is next to impossible to get a DA approval to drop a significant tree. Unless you are the Council or Government of course then do as you want. But it needs things like this to get people worked up enough to do something about it. I saw on the news last night the Mayor of Adelaide City Council whinging about blue green algae blooms in the Torrens. He said the major cause was people pushing lawn clippings into the storm water system. Hellooooooooo......who is the worst offender...councils....and what about the 3 million tonnes of gum tree leaves, bark, blossom and nuts that get in their every year off thier own bloody trees.

Please somebody stop me......

Shepparton Lawn Care
16-02-2011, 07:53 PM
i agree with you bluey, but please take a deep breath!!-good to see somone with some passion

63impala
17-02-2011, 12:50 PM
At least hes taking care of bussiess with that stihl.....

allo
17-02-2011, 06:21 PM
hey impala, that saw wouldnt fit in your ute would it????lol.:

kakegc
22-02-2011, 06:50 PM
http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/fine-but-tree-lopper-says-theyre-dangerous/story-fn6ck4a4-1226001087184

He doesn't care about the fine :chainsaw yeah righto

I met the guy outside subway at Modbury Trev, ABC Palms is the business name. I asked for a card & he gave me biro's with "in god we trust" written on 'em. Seems he was too trusting lol!

kakegc
22-02-2011, 06:59 PM

Looks like a MS440 to me? Only got one dawg on it. If so, that bar's waaaaaaaaay too long for it.

kakegc
22-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Actually it's not too hard to get a significant tree dropped or pruned in SA. Anyone with a cert in arb can write a report to support a DA to get the job done if there are genuine concerns with the tree. Most councils I've dealt with are pretty easy going.

kakegc
22-02-2011, 07:08 PM

Are you asking for a quote to take it down Trev:bike:?

The bastards will de-register your business name too if you get caught.

63impala
23-02-2011, 07:04 AM
Hey bro it would I got the Ms310 with a 20" bar it nice....

ian
26-02-2011, 11:07 PM

20" bar i'm impressed

kakegc
27-02-2011, 11:52 AM

Have another look at the pic of the saw using his body to give it scale. Mate, that's got to be a 38-42" bar! Have to have one hell of an oil pump to keep up with that. Maybe it's got some sort of HD oiler on it?

Bluey
27-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Yeah. Not a saw for the faint hearted or untrained.

Christine Wharton
27-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Up here the council (and every man and his chainsaw) has been busy cutting up and carting away gum trees (and assorted other varieties) that were trashed by the recent cyclone...that's a legit way to do it (but not the most pleasant).

ian
27-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Up here the council (and every man and his chainsaw) has been busy cutting up and carting away gum trees (and assorted other varieties) that were trashed by the recent cyclone...that's a legit way to do it (but not the most pleasant).

probably also some people sneaking in one or two that didn't come down

Redeye
27-02-2011, 06:51 PM
firewood sellers down south would be gnashing their teeth

cadase
28-02-2011, 06:42 PM
I met the guy outside subway at Modbury Trev, ABC Palms is the business name. I asked for a card & he gave me biro's with "in god we trust" written on 'em. Seems he was too trusting lol!
saw the guy on tv, he has that on the back of his work shirt too, in giant letters :rolleyes:

kakegc
01-03-2011, 01:06 PM
saw the guy on tv, he has that on the back of his work shirt too, in giant letters :rolleyes:

I've finally found an qualified arborist/climber Trev. He quoted a job I thought would be worth around $3K (bugger of a job in the backyard of a strata) at $1,210 inc. Give me a call if you ever need his mobile number.

kakegc
01-03-2011, 01:08 PM

Still not allowed to cut up oversize trees here unless you're removing them from an immediate hazard (ie: roadway) :(