PDA

View Full Version : Picture Sizes

Shepparton Lawn Care
28-07-2006, 10:09 PM
:aus-flag: Hi Ebony/Dean(or anyone who will listen and can give me an answer!!) After replying to premier, I thought I would post some pics of our set up including our trailer, but after attatching pics, it wouldn't work,saying that pics could be no greater than 195kb-mine was 880!!. Can my original pics be minimised (somehow??-with a bit of magic!!).
Thankyou in advance from a novice photographer and computer user! :laughing: :o :confused: (How much fun are these smileys!. Or is this just a case of small things amuse small minds :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Cheers for now, SimonSLC

Mowjoe
29-07-2006, 09:00 AM
Hi Simon, I have located a program on Google Search that you can download for free. (Picasa2) It will collect all photos on your system and place them into the program.

Under Tools up the top go to Options and under Email you can change the size of the picture that you want to send.

I have only just found this program so I am not sure what else it can do for us.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Darrel Foster
Joes Lawn Maintenance, North Coast NSW ;)

administrator
29-07-2006, 09:31 AM
You can edit your pics and resize them using your windows program
windows picture and fax viewer http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/image_overview.mspx :wave-hi:

or Picaso
http://www.sedco-online.com/default2/brochures/picaso_brochure.pdf :ebony:

Bargain Stickers
30-07-2006, 09:53 AM
Hi Simon,

I use a quick pic resizer. http://www.bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm
Just play around with it and you'll see what size is good
to use.

Tim from HMS
30-07-2006, 11:20 AM
When posting pics in forums such as these I always use a free photo hosting facility called photobucket
http://www.photobucket.com

You upload your pics directly to it from your pc and you can re-size them, share the links with people who are on dial-up and take 6 years to download a photo. It's free to join and use and your photos are secure.

It also automatically works out those nifty URL's and tags you need to put pics in posts, use as avatars etc.

HTH's ;)

Shepparton Lawn Care
31-07-2006, 10:05 PM
:aus-flag: Thankyou everyone for your help. This is another endorsement of the Aussie Forum and ILMCA!. Well Here goes.. fingers crossed.. hopefully here are some photos of our trailer!! :frightene :frightene ;) :cool:

Shepparton Lawn Care
31-07-2006, 10:30 PM
:aus-flag: Take Two!!

raemac1
01-08-2006, 09:23 AM
g'day simonslc

that's one nice trailer you got i'm after one like that my self
hope ya don't mine me asking what's the size and the cost$$
and who made it i'm on the central coast and i can't find a good trailer place for a good built trailer

regards ' rossco

administrator
01-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Simon great pics yahoo :wave-hi:

great edging also no wonder you are building very quickly how can customers in Shep want any one else :wave-hi:

quality plus

Shepparton Lawn Care
01-08-2006, 09:08 PM
:aus-flag: G'day Dean, I'll have give the atom lawn edger that I brought from you the credit for the nice edging. Give your business the edge!(no pun intended, but I'll use it anyway!!) Buy an atom professional lawn edger from ILMCA!! :aus-flag: :aus-flag: :wave-hi: . Hi also to Raemac1. Thanks for your reply re my trailer. Here is a few specs. It is a single wheel trailer(obviously!) with 1 tonne rated springs and light truck tyres. Extended draw bar. The box part of trailer is a 7x5 in the old language. THe sides are 1200 high. This gives me 3m3 if loaded up.
I built the trailer myself, as I am a 1st class sheetmetal worker by trade. I would be happy to chat to you about the cost of a trailer that would suit you. You may have noticed the step on the mower side of the trailer... Very handy when you are vertically challenged like me, but in all seriousness, it makes it easier to unload clippings safely. I will be putting the other 3 steps on when I get a minnie!. They are made from a special stair tread purlin that is commonly used in Sale yards.-non slip. The back tail gate is also made from the same material-nice and safe when walking into your trailer. I use 6 x 200 litre blue bins on a bag trolley to collect clippings. Then when I empty them, take them off the bag trolley tip them over, give them a good kick and the clippings roll out in a nice line, ideal for mulching back into the soil- The farmers love it!!. Feel free to give me a call on 0418220236 and we can have a chat.
Cheers for now Simon SLC

Shepparton Lawn Care
01-08-2006, 09:55 PM
:aus-flag: G'day Raemac, forget to add trailer weight is 454Kg's empty. Very important when working out what you are going to put in it and what you are towing it with!! :laughing: :laughing: . Cheers for now Simon SLC :

Premier
01-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Hi Simon,

That's one real tidy trailer, the paintwork and signage is 1st class :cool:

Clearly your sheetmetal talent shows...No doubt having another skill (trade) such as yours would come in handy on wet days, you could be building trailers!!

Cheers ;)

Premier

Shepparton Lawn Care
01-08-2006, 10:01 PM
:aus-flag: Thanks Premier, Yes I must admit that when it does rain, I do some welding for a few builders which keeps me out of trouble. I'm the mowing contractor that can still smile a bit even when it's raining!!. But in saying that, it's all about keeping a positive outlook isn't it??. Cheerws for now Simon SLC