PDA

View Full Version : Secret Garden idea

Redeye
26-02-2011, 09:01 AM
just been folding my washing and noticed I have a few t-shirts from different musicians forums I belong to - yearly membership for about $30+/- a year includes a t shirt.Some forums have a different shirt each year which generates yearly funds.
Now...got me thinking about the requests for a members only sealed section of the forum; how about it being for [a] - paid up members of Indi only(pay your $140) , [b] - an additional fee per year to access the sealed section which includes a printed Indi t-shirt showing you are an Indi.
A few benefits would be funds generated for the running of the forum, a section to talk privately to each other without fear of eaves-dropping from potential clients & opposition contractors and a nice shirt in the bargain!
please discuss....

TOO EASY YARD CARE
26-02-2011, 11:23 AM
just been folding my washing and noticed I have a few t-shirts from different musicians forums I belong to - yearly membership for about $30+/- a year includes a t shirt.Some forums have a different shirt each year which generates yearly funds.
Now...got me thinking about the requests for a members only sealed section of the forum; how about it being for [a] - paid up members of Indi only(pay your $140) , [b] - an additional fee per year to access the sealed section which includes a printed Indi t-shirt showing you are an Indi.
A few benefits would be funds generated for the running of the forum, a section to talk privately to each other without fear of eaves-dropping from potential clients & opposition contractors and a nice shirt in the bargain!
please discuss....

i think its a great idea i try not to put up to much stuff on hear because people who uses my biz could see it so i thinik 100% lets get it happening but still keep the open forum from talking to others and it should be only for indy no jims or others even if they have paid

Andy B
27-02-2011, 08:06 AM
Sounds good to me.

ian
27-02-2011, 08:57 AM
apparently the industry speak http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22 is members only at least it appears that way from post no. 14 http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=6233

Anjaryan
27-02-2011, 09:19 AM
I like the idea of a private area,

Not sure about excluding paid up jims though, these guys have alot to offer in experience and knowledge.

I would be more up to banning anyone who owns a bent shaft whippy and victa mower :slam dunk

Bluey
27-02-2011, 09:33 AM
I am in. I would like a nice dress shirt from Indy. Great idea. Anjaryan on the Jim's bit I would say yes if we had reciprocal rights on their forum but that is not going to happen is it.

Bluey
27-02-2011, 09:36 AM
apparently the industry speak http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22 is members only at least it appears that way from post no. 14 http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=6233

Nope. I just tested it by logging out and coming on as a guest. Had full access.

Andy B
27-02-2011, 09:39 AM

Not sure about excluding paid up jims though, these guys have alot to offer in experience and knowledge.

I would be more up to banning anyone who owns a bent shaft whippy and victa mower :slam dunk

I own a bent shaft whippy and a victa mower, don't tell anyone. :D

TOO EASY YARD CARE
27-02-2011, 09:43 AM

i think ur missing the whole point we a indys jim should not have acess to out indy area

Andy B
27-02-2011, 09:58 AM
i think ur missing the whole point we a indys jim should not have acess to out indy area

I agree, but... nothing to stop a Jim's guy or Vip or any of the franchises being a fully paid member, and the more quality info the better, I welcome them. Franchises aren't our enemies, it's non-professionals that will negatively impact our prices and create the wrong perception of our industry.

administrator
27-02-2011, 10:05 AM
So what secrets do you want to talk about

Bluey
27-02-2011, 10:18 AM
So what secrets do you want to talk about

Well now that you ask Admin I think (and this is just my opinion) that anything to do with helping other members getting on top of the competition or to grow their business successfully should be there. The thread on Quoting is a classic example. For you I see it as a win as it will likely prompt more people to actually join Indy to get the really good info. Not to mention a classic been there tshirt to boot. I am not saying everything should be discussed in the secret garden but some things should. The things that let us get a bit of an edge for instance.

Mrs HMS
27-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Nope. I just tested it by logging out and coming on as a guest. Had full access.

Me too with the same result.

So admin I will ask the question directly.

Has the forum been changed to include a members only/secret garden section or not?

We're a little confused because of some conflicting information that has appeared on the forum recently. :confused:

Bluey
27-02-2011, 10:20 AM

We get these guys to sign up and then educate them.

Anjaryan
27-02-2011, 10:27 AM
We get these guys to sign up and then educate them.

Are we educating the guys with the bent shaft whippy or the green trailers??? :m fight:m fight

geoff
27-02-2011, 10:28 AM
I think the secret garden has to be used for its sole intention and thats to protect paid up members .we dont want everything going on in this forum ( my opinion of course ) as the forum itself still needs to be avaiable to the greater commity to stay alive .

Bluey
27-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Are we educating the guys with the bent shaft whippy or the green trailers??? :m fight:m fight

Lol....the bent shaft brigade. The green trailer boys probably think we need educating :rolleyes:

Mrs HMS
27-02-2011, 10:35 AM
I think the secret garden has to be used for its sole intention and thats to protect paid up members .we dont want everything going on in this forum ( my opinion of course ) as the forum itself still needs to be avaiable to the greater commity to stay alive .

I agree Geoff, it was this forum that lead us to Dean and after reading all the support and ideas and having a long chat with Dean that made Timmy change from looking at a franchise to going it alone. Other newbie posts indicate how great they think the forum is at supporting the industry.

I'm in 2 minds about the Jim's/franchise contractors. They've been free with their advice and we all work the same industry, the aim is professionalism and quality service. The true "enemy" are the cowboy operators who damage the pricing and reputation of professional contractors.

Bluey
27-02-2011, 10:36 AM

I agree wholeheartedly. What makes the forum good is that anyone can access it and we want them to. What we as members have to do is make it known that certain things get posted in the members area only and if you want to go to that level then you join up. Many very successful forums operate like this. I didn't join Indy straightaway but had a look through the forum first for a while. Once I realised it was a good place to be I joined pretty quickly though. But what do we really get for our membership fees (thats not a shot Admin just a question) As a fully paid up member I would like to see an area where I can discuss stuff with other fully paid up members without fear of other non members seeing it and/or our clients or prospective clients. Indy polls great in Google searches and our posts come up on a regular basis.

Bluey
27-02-2011, 10:40 AM
I'm in 2 minds about the Jim's/franchise contractors. They've been free with their advice and we all work the same industry, the aim is professionalism and quality service. The true "enemy" are the cowboy operators who damage the pricing and reputation of professional contractors.

Good point and I am not firm in saying no to them. I guess if they cough up their money for membership why not. Who knows maybe we can convert them to the "Green Side" The force Jim...Use the force the force Jim :welcome

administrator
27-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Me too with the same result.

So admin I will ask the question directly.

Has the forum been changed to include a members only/secret garden section or not?

We're a little confused because of some conflicting information that has appeared on the forum recently. :confused:

No secret garden has been added non members do not have the right of way to post in that section .

And just to let you know the forum has been closed to non members of INDY for over 12 months .
However people that have emailed etc direct have been registered on my approval .International guests etc .

Members of forum only are restricted in alot of areas.

administrator
27-02-2011, 10:50 AM
I agree wholeheartedly. What makes the forum good is that anyone can access it and we want them to. What we as members have to do is make it known that certain things get posted in the members area only and if you want to go to that level then you join up. Many very successful forums operate like this. I didn't join Indy straightaway but had a look through the forum first for a while. Once I realised it was a good place to be I joined pretty quickly though. But what do we really get for our membership fees (thats not a shot Admin just a question) As a fully paid up member I would like to see an area where I can discuss stuff with other fully paid up members without fear of other non members seeing it and/or our clients or prospective clients. Indy polls great in Google searches and our posts come up on a regular basis.

Your allways taking a shot Bluey .

Mrs HMS
27-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the prompt response admin :)

So non-members can still view the entire forum but cannot post?

Bluey
27-02-2011, 10:52 AM
No secret garden has been added non members do not have the right of way to post in that section .

And just to let you know the forum has been closed to non members of INDY for over 12 months .
However people that have emailed etc direct have been registered on my approval .International guests etc .

Members of forum only are restricted in alot of areas.

Ok. What section are you talking about Admin. As I understand a fully paid up Indy is a "Member" whereas a non paid person is a "Member of the Forum" Is that correct?

So what your saying is that unless your a fully paid up member of Indy they no longer have access to the forum and that has been the case for over 12 months. Or is it that as long as they are a Member of the Forum they have access. I am a bit confused on this as I don't see our Jim's people paying up to be a member of Indy or even being allowed to by Jim.

When I checked just before by logging out I had full access to the forum as a guest. I could read posts etc. So that means anyone can do so doesn't it?

Bluey
27-02-2011, 10:55 AM

Yep. Just tested that. Can view but not post.

Bluey
27-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Your allways taking a shot Bluey .

Now I am hurt and crestfallen...lol. Only thinking about the greater good Admin. Where would you be without people pushing the envelope like us. Truthfully though I do see this as a good idea.

administrator
27-02-2011, 11:05 AM

Yes for sure .

We have had this discussion b4 the forum has nothing top do with fully paid life time membership 0f 145.oo

You dont pay a cent to the forum

The forum is not included in the membership fee and for good reason .
Its here so members have some where to chat and help each other and others .

Bluey
27-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Yes for sure .

The forum is not included in the membership fee and for good reason .
Its here so members have some where to chat and help each other and others .

Ok thanks for clarifying that Admin and I guess that is the issue we are trying to address. Anyone can become a Member of the Forum but only paid up Indy members are classed as Members and have the right to show the Indy avatar or something else.

I guess us paid up Indy members rightly or wrongly feel a bit of ownership of the forum. The name suggests that in itself. I think most fully paid up members support an area for them only whilst still supporting forum as a whole. We would like to see some special consideration being given to those of us who are proud to be members of Indy. We put a lot of time into the forum and it is our interaction and posts that give it such a good rating. I would like to feel that our request for a members only area has been given due consideration. At the end of the day you own and run the forum but it is your members that make it a happening thing so can we put this to a vote perhaps and run a poll.

administrator
27-02-2011, 11:43 AM
As you know we have had a secret garden b4 many years ago so yes we pushed the envelope years ago

geoff
27-02-2011, 11:50 AM
I guess thats true Admin but some of us thought maybe things have changed alot since then especially the way we approach the profession and to protect some aspects and to exchange information freely and fairly.
I understand that the forum has to be avaiable to all to kep alive and its certainly doing that.just want some small aspects kept to ourselves....sure would could just pm each other or email i guess but mmmmm

Bluey
27-02-2011, 11:51 AM
As you know we have had a secret garden b4 many years ago so yes we pushed the envelope years ago

So why was it discontinued. Before my time on here.

geoff
27-02-2011, 11:52 AM
I am trying to my BAS as we speak and this bllody forum gets me in heheheheh:madnoel

administrator
27-02-2011, 11:56 AM
Majority didnt want it

administrator
27-02-2011, 11:57 AM
How 89.00 a year sound

Redeye
27-02-2011, 12:00 PM
perhaps the minority(?) of us who have paid our $145 would like to resurrect it - I dont mean to sound narky here, but it does seem to be a popular idea amongst the regular posters.

Redeye
27-02-2011, 12:01 PM
what entitlements would that include?

Bluey
27-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Majority didnt want it

Times change. How about we have another vote.

administrator
27-02-2011, 12:05 PM
A vote on how much we should charge good idea Bluey

Redeye
27-02-2011, 12:07 PM
how about my original proposal - $30 including a t shirt?

Bluey
27-02-2011, 12:07 PM
How 89.00 a year sound

If I was paying $89 a year for a forum membership I would definitely not want any non paying members on it. I think that would be shooting the forum in the foot. I think it is not a big ask to provide one board that is only available to fully paid up Indy members. Who knows we may not even use it but at least give it a try.

The Local Gardener
27-02-2011, 12:12 PM
I agree, but... nothing to stop a Jim's guy or Vip or any of the franchises being a fully paid member, and the more quality info the better, I welcome them. Franchises aren't our enemies, it's non-professionals that will negatively impact our prices and create the wrong perception of our industry.

the whole point is to have a secret garden for paid up members only. Won't matter where the participants come from. :fact

administrator
27-02-2011, 12:12 PM
how about my original proposal - $30 including a t shirt?

Redeye you run a business postage packing t shirt carrying in stock 10 different sizes have to bulk buy time etc etc think you would be taking money out of your pocket

Bluey
27-02-2011, 12:15 PM
A vote on how much we should charge good idea Bluey

Am I sensing some negativity here Admin. Forget the Tshirt business. What costs would be involved in doing it. You can create a board and set permissions to that board by member group. Apart from putting all paid up Indies in the member group which you have probably done already to get the "Member" rating what extra is involved in it for you. New members get allocated to that group on registration same as normal. The way I am hearing things is that we members who have taken the plunge to become a fully paid up Indy member and support Indy aren't being given anything else for that on the forum other than the right to wear the Indy avatar. Without our membership fees ILMCOA would not exist. I think a dedicated board for paid up Indy members is a very small thing to ask for in lieu of our efforts to spread the word.

Redeye
27-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Redeye you run a business postage packing t shirt carrying in stock 10 different sizes have to bulk buy time etc etc think you would be taking money out of your pocket
fair enough Admin, perhaps someone might volunteer to moderate the secret garden (b4 you ask, thanks for offering but no thanks)....then again, no they probably wouldn't.:whipit

Andy B
27-02-2011, 12:24 PM
the whole point is to have a secret garden for paid up members only. Won't matter where the participants come from. :fact

Will it be a membership drive then? :)

We should have secret meetings wear funny hats and have secret hand shakes and above all else the first rule of fight club is no-one talks about fight club. :D Only kidding.

Bluey
27-02-2011, 12:28 PM

We should have secret meetings wear funny hats and have secret hand shakes and above all else the first rule of fight club is no-one talks about fight club. :D Only kidding.

That would have to be approved by the Minister for Funny Walks first

Mrs HMS
27-02-2011, 12:37 PM
I run another board. It's mostly open to the public but there is one section of the board that is locked down tight. Unless you are granted access by the admin (me) you can't even see that section. No need to set up a whole new board.

I would happily moderate if it gets to the point that volunteers are needed so that the admins don't end up run off their feet. It would be a way for me to give back something for all the help, advice and goodwill shown towards us over the years.

I'm sure others would be happy to help out too.

The upside of a closed section is that paid up members have a place to post sensitive issues so that (mainly) customers cannot stumble across things which may make the industry look less than professional but which contractors need to stop them wanting to bury a pole saw in someone's head. Also so that cowboys can't glean enough information to enable them to run out and start up a fly-by-nite business that ends up reflecting badly on everyone.

The downside (and I have experienced this) is that unless well monitored, all the action ends up in the locked threads and to non-members and the general public it can look like the board stagnates. That's where admin and mods come in to move topics that don't need to be located in locked sections.

Bluey
27-02-2011, 12:42 PM
I run another board. It's mostly open to the public but there is one section of the board that is locked down tight. Unless you are granted access by the admin (me) you can't even see that section. No need to set up a whole new board.

I would happily moderate if it gets to the point that volunteers are needed so that the admins don't end up run off their feet. It would be a way for me to give back something for all the help, advice and goodwill shown towards us over the years.

I'm sure others would be happy to help out too.

The upside of a closed section is that paid up members have a place to post sensitive issues so that (mainly) customers cannot stumble across things which may make the industry look less than professional but which contractors need to stop them wanting to bury a pole saw in someone's head. Also so that cowboys can't glean enough information to enable them to run out and start up a fly-by-nite business that ends up reflecting badly on everyone.

The downside (and I have experienced this) is that unless well monitored, all the action ends up in the locked threads and to non-members and the general public it can look like the board stagnates. That's where admin and mods come in to move topics that don't need to be located in locked sections.

Agree wholeheartedly. I actually Admin 2 other forums where there are closed sections and I am a member of a couple of others that do it as well. Joanne is spot on and I would volunteer to help her mod it so that it does not cause any issues to the forum as a whole

administrator
27-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Am I sensing some negativity here Admin. Forget the Tshirt business. What costs would be involved in doing it. You can create a board and set permissions to that board by member group. Apart from putting all paid up Indies in the member group which you have probably done already to get the "Member" rating what extra is involved in it for you. New members get allocated to that group on registration same as normal. The way I am hearing things is that we members who have taken the plunge to become a fully paid up Indy member and support Indy aren't being given anything else for that on the forum other than the right to wear the Indy avatar. Without our membership fees ILMCOA would not exist. I think a dedicated board for paid up Indy members is a very small thing to ask for in lieu of our efforts to spread the word.

No Negativity at all i listen and ponder on everything that is said on this forum and as you know i make a decision after long lengthy chats with myselve .

And forum splits happen from time to time and thats just progress .

i do everything for a reason and i dont make willy nilly decisions .

Bluey im dont just going to dismiss Redeyes suggestion he put a valid suggestion forward as all have .

Cost doesnt come just in money terms it can also break down to how it effects the forum ,
Then i think ok if i make a private forum for members then i can open the main forum to every one .things to ponder

As for your statement about membership fee indy wouldnt be here thats so true i would be broke and id be broke if thats all i did

Daughter has turned up with grandkids time to have some fun

Bluey
27-02-2011, 01:05 PM
No Negativity at all i listen and ponder on everything that is said on this forum and as you know i make a decision after long lengthy chats with myselve .

And forum splits happen from time to time and thats just progress .

i do everything for a reason and i dont make willy nilly decisions .

Bluey im dont just going to dismiss Redeyes suggestion he put a valid suggestion forward as all have .

Cost doesnt come just in money terms it can also break down to how it effects the forum ,
Then i think ok if i make a private forum for members then i can open the main forum to every one .things to ponder

As for your statement about membership fee indy wouldnt be here thats so true i would be broke and id be broke if thats all i did

Daughter has turned up with grandkids time to have some fun

Ok as long as your taking it on board and giving it some consideration. That's all I am asking for. Have fun with the kids and forget about Indy for a while

Christine Wharton
27-02-2011, 01:59 PM
My opinion has/will probably always be that the forum as a whole should be a "secret garden" of sorts, as the name of the forum suggests it is for ILMCOA members. (ref. the title Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Members Forum). At present the name of the forum is a misnomer as anyone can access the forum, whether they are a member or not. Many of us have paid for the privilege of membership...maybe more non-members would too if the forum was a members-only area ;)

The Local Gardener
27-02-2011, 02:01 PM

Bluey, lighten up mate, a board???? please, listen to yourself....

courty
27-02-2011, 02:11 PM
TLG
I think he means a chat board not a board of directors.

MAGOO
27-02-2011, 02:15 PM
I am not sure if technically possible... could you allow people to decide on the level when creating a new thread

For example

I want to ask a question about spark plugs - open to internet

then I want to ask a question about overcoming people objections to our pricing - secure thread so the general online community can not see what you are saying.

this way the owner of the thread decides if it is a general knowledge question or private IND business (eg pricing, talking to customers, letting down other contractors tyres )

and if people start making everything secure will we loose the right

Craig

geoff1969
27-02-2011, 02:46 PM
i see it as your either a paid up member or you aint , and none paid up members shouldnt recive entitlement to the full forum , if any paid up member has disclosed the areas thay operate and there fees and charges thay have done so to help other members , also to give assitance to unpaid members = loyalty ,[ but the lowballers also frequent the forum } and use this info of pricing and tips and tricks to under cut the genuine business that most of us are ... {im one paid up member who would like to have more in put and help others starting up or long term operators but prefers in most cases to sit on side line rather than create more competion from low ballers in my area to under cut me or steal my clients away by entering the discussion..}

courty
27-02-2011, 02:59 PM
At the time of this post
5 members online
32 Lurkers:eyes:
The traffic to this site is great but I don't beleive a closed section for Indy members to discuss the pointy end of their business in private would drag to much content away from the main board.

geoff1969
27-02-2011, 03:01 PM
and how many are genuine or just out to under cut ??????? or steal the information to perform the work themselves ??? bet you wouldnt find it on a jims forum or electrical / plumbing forum etc

ian
27-02-2011, 03:14 PM

so did they forget to send you the p.m i was wondering why i hadn't seen you :laughing:

ian
27-02-2011, 03:25 PM
and how many are genuine or just out to under cut ??????? or steal the information to perform the work themselves ??? bet you wouldnt find it on a jims forum or electrical / plumbing forum etc

but how many people who thought $30 an hour was great money have realised after reading posts that they need to charge more to cover there expenses

also a secret garden for indy members only is in my opinion a bit unfair to long term members of the forum who for whatever reason may not be members of indy but have been great contributors ie: Grassman177,kakegc,63impala,stripes,sandgroper and paulg just to name a few

Gremlins Property Services
27-02-2011, 03:34 PM
So why dont we start a list of topics to put to admin that we believe should only be in a secrete garden, I for one would like to warn others of customers who dont pay their bills, instead they just move on to the next lawnie, run up a bill and move on again. Can we list them on an open forum?

South East Mowing
27-02-2011, 03:39 PM
but how many people who thought $30 an hour was great money have realised after reading posts that they need to charge more to cover there expenses

also a secret garden for indy members only is in my opinion a bit unfair to long term members of the forum who for whatever reason may not be members of indy but have been great contributors ie: Grassman177,kakegc,63impala,stripes,sandgroper and paulg just to name a few

Well then they have a choice, don't they!!!:scared:scared
My opinion is, you can't have it both ways- IN or OUT.
Admin needs to have some sort of return for his efforts:rolleyes:

geoff1969
27-02-2011, 03:43 PM

many of them have relised $30 an hour is not good money but advertising that you charge x amount gives them opertunity to increase there prices and still under cut ... and use the found and proven ways to complete the job in realistic times and achieve qaulity results ,
as for long term members yes many unpaid ones have contributed but as most things your either pay up or dont and the indy fee isnt that much .. and if genuine unpaid members are so upset about being locked out a certain section simple pay the joining fee and support the paid up members and the forum itself ...

Bluey
27-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Bluey, lighten up mate, a board???? please, listen to yourself....

lol...a board is the term used for an area inside a forum to place posts ie. where we are placing these posts in General Chat.

cap
27-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Rather than disadvantaging long term forum members that are not members of Indy, why not base entry into the secret garden on post count. For example, a forum member will need 200 posts to access the secret garden.

Obviously spammers will have to be watched and for a post to count it has to be genuine and constructive.

Just a thought.

Fred's mowing
27-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Non paying members will have varying reasons 4 their decisions, but I would encourage them (with the possible exception of Grassman) to opt in & support the foum that supports them.
Its only a couple of mows!:ebony:
Cheers Fred.

Bluey
27-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Non paying members will have varying reasons 4 their decisions, but I would encourage them (with the possible exception of Grassman) to opt in & support the foum that supports them.
Cheers Fred.

Hear hear:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

27-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Rather than disadvantaging long term forum members that are not members of Indy, why not base entry into the secret garden on post count. For example, a forum member will need 200 posts to access the secret garden.

Obviously spammers will have to be watched and for a post to count it has to be genuine and constructive.

Just a thought.

Instead you disadvantage new comers who do pay to become members and probable need the advice more than anyone.

ian
27-02-2011, 04:10 PM
many of them have relised $30 an hour is not good money but advertising that you charge x amount gives them opertunity to increase there prices and still under cut
true but i would rather be competing against someone quoting $50p/h than someone quoting $30
saying this i recently got a new lawn and one guy she had gave her a price of 30p/h then when he arrived her stopped to fuel all his equipment spent ages trying to unsuccessfully start his whipper snipper all up she said he took longer to mow the lawn than she usually does so she told him not to bother coming again

27-02-2011, 04:14 PM
It realy does come down to you get what you pay for. If you opt the cheapy, thats what you get, service, equipment etc.

Mrs HMS
27-02-2011, 04:23 PM

Just a thought.

You would have to allow paid up members access regardless of post count. Low ballers and spammers and not going to pay $145 just to access the locked section of the forum.

Perhaps both could be taken in to consideration...like a grandfather clause whereby initially long term forum members with more than 200 posts and all indy members have access but after that you must be a paid up member to gain access to private boards.

Gremlins is right, newbies who have paid their membership will benefit the most from posts on quoting and tips and tricks etc but people who are lurking (like we initially did) need to see that going indy does NOT mean there is no support, that the forum with all it's posters is there to help, encourage, commiserate, congratulate...whatever.

Bluey
27-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Instead you disadvantage new comers who do pay to become members and probable need the advice more than anyone.

Yes I would have to agree with that. Don't lose sight of what is being suggested. It is simply one board inside this forum where fully paid up members of Indy can post what they believe to be sensitive issues. Non paid up members would have to pay up to gain access. What it means is if we had it paid up members would think twice about posting on sensitive issues outside this area. That doesn't mean they wont or other non paid members wont post on one the same issue. I see it as a safe area for us inside the forum. Lurkers, non members or others wanting to gain something from us without contributing run into a brick wall

geoff1969
27-02-2011, 04:28 PM
true but i would rather be competing against someone quoting $50p/h than someone quoting $30

thats my point ian thay know the average is around 50 so thay front up and quote 30 /35 = your on the back foot before you start , and where do thay obtain such pricing information , as for non paying members being locked out of certain sections i can understand how thay would fill ,, but lets step back and think about how the paid up members also fill , may be adimin could create a certain date where people long term non paid members have the opertunity to sign up at a small fee ,
just a basic example not directed at any one but if you go to the footy and aint a paid up member you dont get to sit in the members section and obtain all the benefits = dont matter how much of a die hard supporter you are , why should this be a free for all ...

Bluey
27-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Y
Perhaps both could be taken in to consideration...like a grandfather clause whereby initially long term forum members with more than 200 posts and all indy members have access but after that you must be a paid up member to gain access to private boards.

I think if it is going to be a paid up members area then that is what it is. I know there are quite a few on this forum who contribute and are not paid members but I also think they really should be. If they don't want to pay that's fine then they don't get access. Remember we are talking one board out of 39 that make up the forum.

27-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Pherhaps and honarary membership for long term non-payed poster?

Mrs HMS
27-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Cheers Fred.

We claimed ours on our tax as Professional Association Fees. If you're on a tax rate of 30% that means the actual cost to you of lifetime membership is only $101.50. We saved that and more just by utilising the indy insurances (and I work with insurance brokers and couldn't get it as cheap).

courty
27-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Lets not over complicate things
Paid member=access
Non Paid= no access
Membership has it's benefits.

As I said before I really don't think it will effect the main board too much.

Anjaryan
27-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Can the topics be set by admin to keep only certain things in the members area, e.g. pricing, quoting, jobs available etc, or can the admin only create new threads ( i know that will create more work for them) but then the vast majority of topics will be on the main "board" (got that term from Bluey) and only a limited certain topics in the private area. thus still ensuring the main "Board" (thanks again Bluey) doesn't become stagnate.

27-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Can the topics be set by admin to keep only certain things in the members area, e.g. pricing, quoting, jobs available etc, or can the admin only create new threads ( i know that will create more work for them) but then the vast majority of topics will be on the main "board" (got that term from Bluey) and only a limited certain topics in the private area. thus still ensuring the main "Board" (thanks again Bluey) doesn't become stagnate.

Works for me. Limited subjects would limit that taken from public area.

Anjaryan
27-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Works for me. Limited subjects would limit that taken from public area.

Yup,

I think we all can agree that we have all spent time browsing the forum before we have come memebrs... I wasn't going to invest $145 before i knew what it was about, therefore the public forum is essential to gain new members and educate them, however I think certain things should remain private (from cowboys & clients).

Unfortunately this wont stop cowboys joining, maybe the first secret garden thread should be "how to straighten your bent shaft" no pun intended.:scared

courty
27-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Yup,

I think we all can agree that we have all spent time browsing the forum before we have come memebrs... I wasn't going to invest $145 before i knew what it was about, therefore the public forum is essential to gain new members and educate them, however I think certain things should remain private (from cowboys & clients).

Unfortunately this wont stop cowboys joining, maybe the first secret garden thread should be "how to straighten your bent shaft" no pun intended.:scared

hahaha,Pfizer would make a fortune on the Goldy

Stripes
27-02-2011, 05:31 PM
I can see the benefits for a section of the forum that is closed to the public. Keep clients from reading what we post about them, and also to keep the competition from reading exactly what we charge per hour in some cases. People would be more willing to discuss rates and specific jobs if they know they can trust the people reading it and know that it is hidden from the general public. I can also see Admins view. It may detract from the rest of the forum and could result in indy ranking lower on searches?

I also think there will be some good info from non paid members and some of the Jims guys that have contributed to the forum that will no longer be available to contribute if it were paid members only. The post count idea is a better one. Another forum I moderate on has a section where the rules are relaxed and a lot more stuff can be said without deletions and bannings, but access must be given by an admin or moderator so discretion is given. It hardly gets used though.

The reason I am not a paid member of Indy is I was well established before stumbling upon this site and didn't really see the need to join. For people new in business it would be great and well worth paying the money, especially for Deans book that most newbs say very good things about. But I just didnt think I needed to join indy, especially with my mindset of wanting a career change at the time of finding the forum.

It has been a great forum to read others comments, contribute on discussions about all sorts of things in the industry with people in the same profession and going through the same challenges as me. I have had a lot of laughs from reading things on here and enjoyed venting at times and feeling better that I am not alone. I don't know if I will be around much anymore due to selling my mowing business (that reminds me I have to let Dean know!) and will be just doing irrigation from now on. But If I read something that I feel I can add some useful information into I will still post, but probably not as much as in the past.

Redeye
27-02-2011, 07:17 PM
I'd been in the game for about 15 years before paying my $145, saw it as 3 lawns for life time membership and the chance to learn something new to improve my business - can't see the problem for 2-3 hrs worth of work

glassngrass
27-02-2011, 07:54 PM
I see pros and cons on both side of argument for a private area.

This forum is privately owned and run.
The owner of each 'house' has the right to set his own house rules.
By all means make suggestions, requests... but is it right for us to make demands on what this forum should do or who can see what?

Stripes
27-02-2011, 08:31 PM
I'd been in the game for about 15 years before paying my $145, saw it as 3 lawns for life time membership and the chance to learn something new to improve my business - can't see the problem for 2-3 hrs worth of work

That's fine if you're staying in the industry, but I was over it and looking at other options when i found the forum. 6 months after joining the forum I started my new business. I was looking into teaching before that.

administrator
27-02-2011, 09:07 PM
one thing i forgot to mention when we did have a private section the posts had a way of finding themselves on other areas of the internet .

Mick
27-02-2011, 09:23 PM
How about a minimum 100 posts before being allowed into the "Garden!" Then say a min of 5-10 per week to stay "accepted!"
Point is, its the lurkers that Im most concerned about, the ones we dont know if that makes sense? They learn everything but give back nothing!

TOO EASY YARD CARE
27-02-2011, 09:59 PM
How about a minimum 100 posts before being allowed into the "Garden!" Then say a min of 5-10 per week to stay "accepted!"
Point is, its the lurkers that Im most concerned about, the ones we dont know if that makes sense? They learn everything but give back nothing!

whats the pont of the post count i wouldnt mide a private area for memebers but if its this much trouble forget it i like the forum as it is

Mick
27-02-2011, 11:04 PM
whats the pont of the post count i wouldnt mide a private area for memebers but if its this much trouble forget it i like the forum as it is

The point of a post count is that we get to know them or get a feel for them before they are aloud into the garden. Then, if they fail to stay active, they get removed. It dosnet have to be the numbers I said, but a reasonable count.

Thing is, there are really only a few people who actually contribute anything, and they are the ones who should be rewarded. Like I said, its the lurkers, the ones who come on here, do research but do nothing in return for others except being a potential competitor.

glassngrass
28-02-2011, 02:18 AM
A post count pre-requisite will result in a surge of one line "what he said" posts. Surely quality of posts is more important to us that quantity.

Beaj
28-02-2011, 07:23 AM
I agree with To Easy. I think its ok the way it is now. However if forced to pay I would as I have learnt a lot from this forum and think its great value. I do tend to lurk and not post much as I find it hard to put things into words. But I do support Indy, I have purchased from the store and I am and Independant Contractor, but if you look at my post count it is very low.

Brad

28-02-2011, 07:24 AM

And we're back to excluding those paid members who could benifit the most from sensitive discussions like prices and quotes, customers and alike. Lets not lose site of the reasons.

Andy B
28-02-2011, 07:29 AM
And we're back to excluding those paid members who could benifit the most from sensitive discussions like prices and quotes, customers and alike. Lets not lose site of the reasons.

hey Gps, might pay to fix the spelling of surrounding in yous signature. :pop worm

28-02-2011, 07:35 AM
hey Gps, might pay to fix the spelling of surrounding in yous signature. :pop worm

I finks me got it sortof sorded oud now me finks.

Mick
28-02-2011, 07:43 AM
Ok, so you dont like the post count idea! It was just a thought. Something that would make members have to be active. Not just sit back and read. As far a short posts, could set a minimum word number before the post is counted. But........... whatever!

Is the forum open to all, or just payed up Indy members?

ian
28-02-2011, 08:05 AM
i think admin said at the moment only paid up members of indy or those that contact the admin are allowed on as members and it's been this way for about a year

ian
28-02-2011, 08:07 AM

i think the idea would be for only unpaid members to be subject to a post count

Christine Wharton
28-02-2011, 08:26 AM
I'd like to know what EBONY WRIGHT thinks about the way the forum is operating and this subject in particular - I believe she knows a lot about websites...

Mick
28-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Theres a name from the past, Ebony!
Hey Dean, Say hello to her for me! Is she still around?

administrator
28-02-2011, 09:24 AM
of course Lurking lol Family

Christine Wharton
28-02-2011, 09:37 AM
:wave-hi: Ebony...
I have missed your input in recent times ...
glad to hear you are still lurking and keeping a motherly eye on things tho' :)

Andy B
28-02-2011, 10:24 AM

And that bloomin' lazy admin still only has you as a member of forum not a member. :D ( Hi, Admin love your work. :) )

administrator
28-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Thanks Andy your customers tell me you have and eye for details well done :newbie mistake

Andy B
28-02-2011, 10:37 AM
You're welcome, anything for the super translawner!

Bluey
28-02-2011, 04:27 PM
one thing i forgot to mention when we did have a private section the posts had a way of finding themselves on other areas of the internet .

That would have to been caused by a settings problem. If you make a board private and only allow members of a certain group to access it no one else can even see it let alone post in it. Web bots wont trawl it so the posts remain free from the web. The only other way they could get out there is if a member takes the content elsewhere and posts it there.

Bluey
28-02-2011, 04:34 PM
I agree with To Easy. I think its ok the way it is now. However if forced to pay I would as I have learnt a lot from this forum and think its great value. I do tend to lurk and not post much as I find it hard to put things into words. But I do support Indy, I have purchased from the store and I am and Independant Contractor, but if you look at my post count it is very low.

Brad

This I think is key to the issue. We are not suggesting anyone pay for the forum. Far from it. What we are suggesting is those of us who have paid up for a lifetime membership of Indy be given a private area on this forum. Those of us who don't want to pay for a lifetime membership would still have access to the exactly as it is now. They would not see the board for the paid members or any of the posts. Rather than call it a Secret Garden I think it would be better to call it a Paid Members Area.

TOO EASY YARD CARE
28-02-2011, 05:49 PM
This I think is key to the issue. We are not suggesting anyone pay for the forum. Far from it. What we are suggesting is those of us who have paid up for a lifetime membership of Indy be given a private area on this forum. Those of us who don't want to pay for a lifetime membership would still have access to the exactly as it is now. They would not see the board for the paid members or any of the posts. Rather than call it a Secret Garden I think it would be better to call it a Paid Members Area.

that sounds fair i guess bluey

Bluey
28-02-2011, 06:00 PM
By all means make suggestions, requests... but is it right for us to make demands on what this forum should do or who can see what?

I don't think anyone has made a demand on this issue at all David. Far from it. It is a discussion on a request for a private area pure and simple. At the end of the day Admin will say yay or nay. This issue has been bandied around for ages and keeps raising it's head from time to time without any finalisation. From my point of view I am pushing for a final answer. It's pointless discussing it and going round and round in circles without any decision being made. I think Admin has got the idea of what is being asked for and has heard enough from us both in support and against the idea. It is now time for him to make a decision on it.

danz
28-02-2011, 06:22 PM

I could not agree more with Bluey, thats how it should be...

glassngrass
28-02-2011, 07:05 PM
While 'we' are going round and round - if we read back thru old posts I think you will find his decision was a deliberate one that was made many years ago - that the forum is a free service and he does not want anybody to ever say they have a right to access because they paid for it.

A constant from admin has been - INDI membership is independent of forum access - nobody has paid for it

Mrs HMS
28-02-2011, 07:13 PM
David nobody is saying the entire forum should be member only access. That would be counterproductive to ILMCOA.

Nobody is suggesting that if you don't pay you shouldn't see the forum as it currently stands.

I am fairly certain what is being suggested is a simple addition of a single board within this forum for members only.

Bluey
28-02-2011, 07:33 PM
While 'we' are going round and round - if we read back thru old posts I think you will find his decision was a deliberate one that was made many years ago - that the forum is a free service and he does not want anybody to ever say they have a right to access because they paid for it.

A constant from admin has been - INDI membership is independent of forum access - nobody has paid for it

I don't get your logic on this David. I am not suggesting the right to access the forum based on Indy membership. All I have ever asked for and other members as well is as Mrs HMS puts it. We are asking for 1 board to be set aside for paid up Indy members. The rest of the forum ie. as it now stands would remain as is. I don't think it is a big ask or for that matter such a big issue. I asked Admin why the secret garden got canned years ago. His advice was because no one wanted it any longer. Judging from the posts on this subject I would think that the position has changed somewhat and there is now a lot of members wanting it. As I said before we can discuss this to the cows come home. It rests in Admins court now so I will await his decision.

Scooby Steve
28-02-2011, 07:46 PM
There would be many advantages for having a secret garden section one big bonus would be the chance to post warnings about bad customers without fear of getting sued. How good would it be to have warnings about potential pita's. Members would talk more freely about rates, advertising etc so i think it would enhance the forum not send it backwards.

There would still be plenty of posts coming up on the normal forum so i dont see the problem, as it is now we don't hear all the potential info on many subjects because people dont want non members to see it. Why dont we try it and see if it works.

South East Mowing
28-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Looks like Admin has listened to our requests fellas! (and girls)
We now have a members only section!!:clap::clap:

Scooby Steve
28-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Looks like Admin has listened to our requests fellas! (and girls)
We now have a members only section!!:clap::clap:

Cheers Admin now let the good info flow.

Dean will be happy more Indi members.

Bluey
28-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Thank you Admin for listening to us and responding to our request. Now I have to look up my bloody Indy member no...lol

geoff
28-02-2011, 08:04 PM
thanks admin yeah my indy number now where th fck will i find that hahahaha

Bluey
28-02-2011, 08:06 PM
thanks admin yeah my indy number now where th fck will i find that hahahaha

lol...I said the same thing. Have not found it yet.

courty
28-02-2011, 08:06 PM
HAHAHAHA^^^^^ what they said

Thanks Admin

Mrs HMS
28-02-2011, 08:12 PM
OMG I can't find our membership number.

How ironic would that be lol

Thankyou admin :)

Redeye
28-02-2011, 08:13 PM
tax invoice/receipt from when you joined - took me a little while to find!

courty
28-02-2011, 08:15 PM
cheers Redeye,found it.

Mrs HMS
28-02-2011, 08:16 PM
yeah but I put that stuff somewhere "safe" after doing the 2006/2007 tax....

Bluey
28-02-2011, 08:17 PM
lol....so did I. I gave up and emailed Dean and begged.

geoff
28-02-2011, 08:19 PM
me too idid the email thingo as well

danz
28-02-2011, 08:22 PM
I have turned the house upside down i can't even find my book. The misses asked what the hell i were doing thumping around haha still no luck

holdenhead
28-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Jims and VIP's (most of them anyway) are helping our industry as they charge good rates. It's the non pro's that hurt us. I believe that having franchises around helps the indy's. I would not buy a franchise coz there are jims around that do a crap job and it would tar the rest with the same brush. As an independent we have control of the image our brand has. I say let them in to the members only area.

Cheers Rick

cap
28-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Good onya admin :clap:

Just sent my email off for the password.

Chris B
28-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Jims and VIP's (most of them anyway) are helping our industry as they charge good rates. It's the non pro's that hurt us. I believe that having franchises around helps the indy's. I would not buy a franchise coz there are jims around that do a crap job and it would tar the rest with the same brush. As an independent we have control of the image our brand has. I say let them in to the members only area.

Cheers Rick

True, I'm happy to see franchises around as most of them are professional and charge accordingly ... although the backyarder's have a market that suits them I guess. (just not our target market!)

geoff
28-02-2011, 08:31 PM
your lucky i friggimg tip me four high filing cabin upside down ,,,and you dont thinki am in the crap now lol ..shes not well and i am making nosie from the file box to my loud voice saying ...oh dear lol:mad::mad::mad:

Bluey
28-02-2011, 08:36 PM

Cheers Rick

I would say yes if they let us on their closed forum. But I don't see that happening do you. So then why should we let them on an Indy Members board. They still have access to everything else on the forum just not this new board.

Bluey
28-02-2011, 08:37 PM
your lucky i friggimg tip me four high filing cabin upside down ,,,and you dont thinki am in the crap now lol ..shes not well and i am making nosie from the file box to my loud voice saying ...oh dear lol:mad::mad::mad:

lol...I turned to the missus for help and she threw me a file and told me to find it myself. Serves us right for asking for it...lol

South East Mowing
28-02-2011, 08:39 PM
:helpCant remember the year I joined so cant start looking through tax records. It seems so loonnnnngggggggggggg ago!!!:help

geoff
28-02-2011, 08:45 PM
geez admin u must be pizzed of with us that cant find the member number..probably already have 1000 emails ...

Redeye
28-02-2011, 08:46 PM
:helpCant remember the year I joined so cant start looking through tax records. It seems so loonnnnngggggggggggg ago!!!:help
click on User CP then Your Profile for join date

hang on...there it is beside me!!! idiot

cap
28-02-2011, 08:49 PM
If anyone has their insurance through indy, the membership number is also on the invoice.

Thats how I found mine.

geoff
28-02-2011, 09:01 PM
well i am stuffed cant find it lol ...oh well enjoy boys and girls think of us on the outside lol

South East Mowing
28-02-2011, 09:02 PM
If anyone has their insurance through indy, the membership number is also on the invoice.

Thats how I found mine.

Its good to see 1 of us has a brain!!! Thanks cap. I will thank you also from Admin:laughing:

South East Mowing
28-02-2011, 09:05 PM
I wonder if Admin is working the "late shift" tonite???:rolleyes:

ian
28-02-2011, 09:06 PM
i think you will find your membership no. is on any receipt from indy if not give dean a ring i'm sure he won't mind it's not like he has anything else to do :big grin

geoff
28-02-2011, 09:08 PM
dont blame thinking "is this really a good idea" ???? poor bugger who would want to be admin of this circus lol lol god have to go back to my recipts from 4 years ago ...grrrrrr great idea cap used my qb so have to dig up my back yard hole to find the 2007 recipts lol

South East Mowing
28-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Looks like Admin is on the late shift , either that or an autoresponder??? dont know if that would work:dance.
got my password

TOO EASY YARD CARE
28-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Looks like Admin is on the late shift , either that or an autoresponder??? dont know if that would work:dance.
got my password

how long did that take???

geoff
28-02-2011, 09:28 PM
well ive got mine too from admin is this guy king or what...i think i should send of another cheque lol ...dean you are the greatest ...now its up to us to make this work ..come guys lets make sure we use it wisely

administrator
28-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Note to selve must get a life :knob

geoff
28-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Note to selve must get a life :knob

legend man ..i doff me hat

edbeek
01-03-2011, 06:13 AM
Dammit. For the first time in my life I am up to date with my tax, so all my shoe boxes are at the accountants.

cap
01-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Still waiting for my password, anyone still waiting for theirs?

Bluey
01-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Nope got mine. Dean must be busy I guess

geoff
01-03-2011, 07:15 PM
I couldnt belive how dean replied so quickly but then gain maybe i was in first so if after 100 request he must be sleeping ...or if it were me then i would be drinking lol

Mick
01-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Password??????????????????
Membership number didnt cut it!

ian
01-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Password??????????????????
Membership number didnt cut it!

password needed to enter the I.L.M.C.O.A Members Forum you have to email admin with you membership no. and he will email back your password

administrator
01-03-2011, 08:56 PM
password needed to enter the I.L.M.C.O.A Members Forum you have to email admin with you membership no. and he will email back your password

Hi cap send your email again or did you get the password

cap
01-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Hi cap send your email again or did you get the password

No password yet. I sent you another email about an hour ago. Dont know what happened to the one I sent last night, its shown as being sent from my end.

administrator
01-03-2011, 10:00 PM
cap no emails recieved the only one irecieved last hour was from ben is that you if it is i replied to both straight way

cap
01-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Yep that was me. I still dont have the reply that you sent.

There doesn't appear to be a problem with my email as I'm still recieveing emails just not your ones though.

Maybe send the details through via PM or I can re send everything to you through my gmail business email address tomorrow, off to bed for now I'm knackered.

administrator
01-03-2011, 10:38 PM
ok mate check your spam box
if u have one lol

cap
02-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Hi Dean, checked the spambox, nothing there either. I just re sent the original email through another account.

cap
02-03-2011, 04:55 PM
All good now :)

PaulG
25-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Where do we type in the password for the members private forum? I have a question I want to put in there but can't get in. When I click on the topic I just get a message that says not enough priveleges, permissions etc. Before anyone suggests it, I've emailed Dean also :)

PaulG
25-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Okay this is really weird...

When I logged out then clicked the link for the members forum the password box came up and I entered the password and was into the forum but as soon as I logged in again it immediately said I don't have permission to be in there. Same message as when trying to access it through the regular forum when I was logged in previously?

Is this how it works? You have to be logged out of the main forum to gain access to the private forum?

PaulG
25-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Hmmm I give up. I logged out of the main forum again then into the private forum again with the password but can't post anything or start a new topic. Again it askes me to log in then says I don't have permissions to be there or post anything?

Mrs HMS
25-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Paul try clearing your cache....delete browers history, temp internet files and cookies and log back in and see what happens.

I get this sometimes on another forum and clearing the cache always fixes it.

PaulG
25-05-2011, 03:59 PM
No still no luck Joanne.

Bluey
25-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Ok Paul you need to do this step by step exactly as I say.

Push your chair back. Stand up. Take 4 steps backwards. Now while you are looking at the screen of the computer yell as loud as you possibly can...F***ing useless heap of s***.

Now go back and sit down. Wont fix the problem but will make you feel better.

Bluey
25-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Joking aside have you been able to previously log into the members area.

PaulG
25-05-2011, 04:06 PM
I've been doing that all day already Bluey but for other reasons!!!!
Sick as a dog with the flu and whatever else at the moment and it's really hit me for six! Haven't worked for nearly a week.

PaulG
25-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Joking aside have you been able to previously log into the members area.

No just got the password from Dean in the last few days but I still haven't had regular computer access to try it out. (except for this afternoon)

Bluey
25-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Don't you just love winter. We didn't get any mowing ort gardening done Mon or Tues due to rain. Luckily I had a little bit of handyman work that i could do. The today i have been dodging bloody rain all day. Managed to get all my jobs done except the last which is about an hour and a half. Client rang said don't bother coming out it is belting down so home now. More rain tomorrow but I am building displays all day so it can rain as much as it likes. I will be in a nice warm shop with the pretty girls.

Bluey
25-05-2011, 04:13 PM
No just got the password from Dean in the last few days but I still haven't had regular computer access to try it out. (except for this afternoon)

Ok then. First you need to log into the forum with your normal password. Then click on the ILMCOA members board that will take you to another message that says this and gives you a password box

Your administrator has required a password to access this forum. Please enter this password now.
Note: This requires cookies!

When you get to there use the new password dean sent you to log into the private area. Make sure you type it in right and check your caps lock is not on. Also make sure that you have allowed cookies from sites in your browser

courty
25-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Ok Paul you need to do this step by step exactly as I say.

Push your chair back. Stand up. Take 4 steps backwards. Now while you are looking at the screen of the computer yell as loud as you possibly can...F***ing useless heap of s***.

Now go back and sit down. Wont fix the problem but will make you feel better.

HAHAHA,reminded me of this scene (0.12sec - 0.30sec)from The Castle,piss myself everytime I see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISrRmFi13m0

25-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Secret garden is a good idea to protect some industry information. But. Personally I found it very beneficial as a new bloke to be able to read and search for the insightful information that is contained herein. It made me join and gave me the resolve to go ahead with begining a business.....earlier than expected.

This Forum platform (PHP) has alot of features that can be utilised in terms of protecting from flyby information miners. For instance sub forums can be locked unless you are a member. Another is that a predetermined amount of threads can only be viewed before confronted with the login screen and then you must join to see more.
Instead of a "secret garden" there should possibly be an area for paid up ILMCOA members only.

ian
25-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Secret garden is a good idea to protect some industry information. But. Personally I found it very beneficial as a new bloke to be able to read and search for the insightful information that is contained herein. It made me join and gave me the resolve to go ahead with begining a business.....earlier than expected.

This Forum platform (PHP) has alot of features that can be utilised in terms of protecting from flyby information miners. For instance sub forums can be locked unless you are a member. Another is that a predetermined amount of threads can only be viewed before confronted with the login screen and then you must join to see more.
Instead of a "secret garden" there should possibly be an area for paid up ILMCOA members only.

thats what the secret garden is the I.L.M.C.O.A Members PRIVATE Forum for members of I.L.M.C.O.A not just forum members

administrator
25-05-2011, 08:27 PM
I.L.M.C.O.A Members PRIVATE Forum (1 Viewing) its just under the National Public Toilet Map forum lol
on the left hand side click on it then the box will come up and enter the password

you sure your on the right forum hehe

PaulG
26-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Well I didn't do anything differently than I did yesterday but today it worked! :monkey

Bluey
26-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Well I didn't do anything differently than I did yesterday but today it worked! :monkey

As my old man used to say. You weren't holding your mouth right son.