PDA

View Full Version : Edgit Pro

hjl
14-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Hi to all,
Has anyone used a Edgit Pro? Looks like a good gadget to me. Any thoughts?
Cheers
hjl

SouthCoast Walker
14-03-2011, 04:29 PM
what is it? link?

hjl
14-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Sorry
Try www.edgit.com
Cheers
hjl

Bluey
14-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Hey not bad. Looks to be the bees knees. Here's the link

http://www.edgit.com/

Chris B
14-03-2011, 07:47 PM
in my opinion might be ok for edges that are well maintained with a nice groove.. but not overgrown edges as you wouldn't be able to place it in the gap between concrete and grass. also cant see how much line you have extended.

Anjaryan
14-03-2011, 08:07 PM
That one looks ok,

Can the manufacturers please send one to bluey for review:dance

BCMS
14-03-2011, 08:12 PM
I'd be interested to hear feedback as well.
Especially as I am training up a couple of new operators at the moment

Beaj
14-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Heres the Youtube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuH4ekzddgU
Sorry there are vids on the site...... disregard

Grassman177
15-03-2011, 12:29 AM
we had one on our echo trimmers for awhile. guys did not like it to trim with but the edging was awesome with it. we ended up selling it.

bottom line is it is heavy to trim with and you cant get into tight areas cuz the edgit gets on the way

Bluey
15-03-2011, 07:50 PM
That one looks ok,

Can the manufacturers please send one to bluey for review:dance

lol....someone else's turn.

fairdinkum
16-03-2011, 04:31 AM
Might be ok for the home owner who does their own lawn once a fortnight with an underpowered wipper snipper. But with the machines most of us use and the skills we learn over time it's not too hard to get a nice square edge with a brushcutter without using such crappy gadgets.....just my 2 bob

SouthCoast Walker
17-04-2015, 08:13 PM
Normally I would laugh off a gadget like this as a gimmick "as seen on tv" type of thing but after reading so many positive reviews on lawn site I decided to give one a whirl, It arrived yesterday, I whacked it on the Fs110 this morning and done my own yard, early days but so far I am blown away, Done my front gutter which was done last week with the Atom and it come up awesome, Also done a paved walkway in the backyard which has not been edged for months (no groove) and it come up just as good. So very impressed so far, hopefully the rain clears tomorrow and I can get it out on a couple more yards for a better test.

hjl
29-04-2015, 04:12 PM
Hi SouthCoast Walker
How do you find your Edgit Pro now you have had more time to use it?
Did you buy it direct from Edgit?
Cheers
hjl

SouthCoast Walker
29-04-2015, 06:53 PM
Hi Hjl, I have plenty of hours on it now and love it, I actually like it better for general trimming than doing vertical edges, but its good at both, I haven't used one of the normal snippers since I have had it, Having said that my offsider hates it and refuses to use it, he is old school and not good at change though.

John.

Macka
29-04-2015, 09:11 PM
Hi Hjl, I have plenty of hours on it now and love it, I actually like it better for general trimming than doing vertical edges, but its good at both, I haven't used one of the normal snippers since I have had it, Having said that my offsider hates it and refuses to use it, he is old school and not good at change though.

John.

Does it reduce the grass splatter ? I have issues with wet grass and splatter on walls and fences.

SouthCoast Walker
30-04-2015, 10:07 PM
Macka, I don't think you will have any joy there, may even be worse than standard head with the extra string you are spinning around, I know it throws rocks.

SouthCoast Walker
30-04-2015, 10:09 PM
Hjl Yeah ordered direct from edgit, cost was about $90 delivered in 4 days

AJD Mowing
01-05-2015, 09:42 AM
Hey John it looks to me that it makes a groove maybe 10mm into the lawn from the concrete on the footpath instead of a thin edge next to the path. Is that the case? just a bit hard to see on the vid properly
Cheers
Dean

SouthCoast Walker
02-05-2015, 05:47 PM
Hey John it looks to me that it makes a groove maybe 10mm into the lawn from the concrete on the footpath instead of a thin edge next to the path. Is that the case? just a bit hard to see on the vid p
Dean

Hey Dean, if you dont have an existing groove then it can cut a bit wide, you can also walk on the grass side and have the string facing towards the concrete for a narrower groove but it uses more string this way. I have been establishing a groove with the atom first and then the string follows.the groove well and its very quick, you can walk really fast.

Done a heavily leafed and gum nutted yard yesterday and it really hammers your shins. Felt like i had been sand blasted

AJD Mowing
02-05-2015, 08:43 PM
Thanks John for the info. I always do what you say establish a grove with the atom first.
Cheers