PDA

View Full Version : Earplugs

MikeS
19-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Over the past few years I have tried many types of ear protection several muffs / plugs all I have found to be no good for me either too hot or just not up to expectations.

As I have very poor hearing ear protection is vital to keep what little I have left, I do wear hearing aids while not at work and my audiologist suggested moulded ear plugs.

Of course the price to have these done at $200 + time out of my day I thought was a bit rich so I found this place

http://www.diycustomearplugs.com.au/

I can report:

Pro's

They work well
They were easy to mould
Price is good
Delivery was 3 days

Con's

I purchased the full kit with lanyard and the lanyard is VERY flimsy after 2/3 days the ends fall out I have lost 1 already after putting a few granny knots to hold them. I have now resorted to a wire lanyard as I don't like losing things!

In short I now wear them every day have no heat or discomfort issues and I highly recommend them!

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
19-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Whats that. Sorry couldn't help myself. My hearing in the left ear is pretty bad. I just stick to ear muffs but going to have to find a new brand. The ones I use broke in the middle of the crown again today the second pair in the last 6 months. Can't believe how loud my gear is without hearing protection

4 Gardens
19-03-2011, 09:56 PM
I get my earplugs from supercheap. Stanley brand - about $5 a pair. They last for ages unless you lose them like I do. They dont get in the way of my wide brimmed hat like the muffs do