PDA

View Full Version : BBT Backpack Brushcutter

hjl
31-03-2011, 02:02 PM
I received my BBt Backpack Brushcutter on 21/3/11 so I am writing an innital review. The BBT bpbc was bought on Ebay for $228 delivered. Ordered Thursday night 17/3/11 received Monday morning very quick delivery.
The BBT bpbc is made in China.It has a 43cc motor.I had not seen in the flesh a bpbc so was going on faith. Instruction book that comes with it could be better. I have wrote to BBT suggesting they make a DVD showing how to put the bpbc together.Even I could put thebpbc together but it could have been easier. One of the screws with allen heads that attachs the handle to the shaft was a "funny size" not metric or af. I threw it & got 1 from my collection to fit.After filling the fuel tank with fuel I started the beast. Motor is 2 stroke & 25:1 ratio.
The choke is funny on is off & off is on but it does work. Prime it choke it & 5 pulls later going. Later that day when showing my son the new toy it went first pull. Now it normally starts on the second pull.I think that is good.
Using the bpbc there is noticeably less vibration than my old Echo SRM 3450. The bpbc has noticeably more power than my old Echo SRM2450.
On friday I did a feral yard knee high kikuya 5 feet high cobblers pegs etc. 2.5 hours with the blade on the bpbc & it was down so I could mow it with my Big Bob mower. I was a lot fresher using the bpbc than my old Echo.
I really like the bpbc & anyone on a budget like me could do a lot worse.I feel it is very good value for money. Time will tell how it lasts.
Cheers
hjl

Mick
31-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Thats cheap! I think my Tanaka cost somewhere around $8 or $900.
Take a few pics!
Welcome to the BPBC world! I wouldnt be without one now! I use it every work day, somewhere!

Fred's mowing
31-03-2011, 06:43 PM
I received my BBt Backpack Brushcutter on 21/3/11 so I am writing an innital review. The BBT bpbc was bought on Ebay for $228 delivered. Ordered Thursday night 17/3/11 received Monday morning very quick delivery.
The BBT bpbc is made in China.It has a 43cc motor.I had not seen in the flesh a bpbc so was going on faith. Instruction book that comes with it could be better. I have wrote to BBT suggesting they make a DVD showing how to put the bpbc together.Even I could put thebpbc together but it could have been easier. One of the screws with allen heads that attachs the handle to the shaft was a "funny size" not metric or af. I threw it & got 1 from my collection to fit.After filling the fuel tank with fuel I started the beast. Motor is 2 stroke & 25:1 ratio.
The choke is funny on is off & off is on but it does work. Prime it choke it & 5 pulls later going. Later that day when showing my son the new toy it went first pull. Now it normally starts on the second pull.I think that is good.
Using the bpbc there is noticeably less vibration than my old Echo SRM 3450. The bpbc has noticeably more power than my old Echo SRM2450.
On friday I did a feral yard knee high kikuya 5 feet high cobblers pegs etc. 2.5 hours with the blade on the bpbc & it was down so I could mow it with my Big Bob mower. I was a lot fresher using the bpbc than my old Echo.
I really like the bpbc & anyone on a budget like me could do a lot worse.I feel it is very good value for money. Time will tell how it lasts.
Cheers
hjl

Thanx 4 the report, reports r always appreciated.
Cheers Fred.

fairdinkum
01-04-2011, 05:05 AM
Cheers
hjl
I got one of the piles of scrap metal and plastic when I first started thinking it was a real bargain. It lasted 1 job before it fell apart. My old man converted it to a normal straight shaft brushcutter. Plenty of power but it's noisy, smoky and vibrates like hell. Made in China, Made to last....5 minutes. BBT = Bloody Big Tosser

gcsmow
01-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Sometimes you can get lucky with the cheap Chinese stuff. It looks like my 33cc Pope motor which is a Chinese copy of a Mitsubishi motor. I have 2 of those and they are great considering I paid $148.00 for them. They make my 25 cc Makita 4 stroke look pathetic in back yard jungles.

hjl
01-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Hi fairdinkum
Maybe you were unlucky for your brushcutter to last one job. Maybe I have been lucky (that would be a change) with mine. Mine has done 10 jobs so far including one 2.5 hour straight with no problems. Mine makes less noise than my old Echo SRM2450 does not smoke & has a lot less vibration than my Echo.
Did you try to get warranty from BBT as they are supposed to have 12 months warranty?Cheers
hjl

Fred's mowing
02-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Sometimes you can get lucky with the cheap Chinese stuff. It looks like my 33cc Pope motor which is a Chinese copy of a Mitsubishi motor. I have 2 of those and they are great considering I paid $148.00 for them. They make my 25 cc Makita 4 stroke look pathetic in back yard jungles.

x2, pope whippy excellent but heavy, pope blower excellent.
Cheers Fred.

gcsmow
08-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Keep in touch and let me know how the machine goes, I'm thinking about getting one eventually.

Glenn.

Hi fairdinkum
Maybe you were unlucky for your brushcutter to last one job. Maybe I have been lucky (that would be a change) with mine. Mine has done 10 jobs so far including one 2.5 hour straight with no problems. Mine makes less noise than my old Echo SRM2450 does not smoke & has a lot less vibration than my Echo.
Did you try to get warranty from BBT as they are supposed to have 12 months warranty?Cheers
hjl