PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Thistle
06-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Hi All
Another newbie adding my first post
I have been reading the threads here for a couple of wks what a fantastic site i have just purchased the manual from Dean will have a good read & hopefully make a success of my own mowing business in 3-4 weeks time (Getting things organised now) having a career & lifestyle change been working on industrial aircraft engines for the last 10yrs & have decided to give Indi mowing a shot. Will be working in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne

Cheers
Tom

Scooby Steve
06-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Welcome to the madness mate :welcome.

Use the search section to go through the old threads and fire away with anything thats not there.

Has Dean updated the prices in that manual yet? Dean (head Honcho) are you to blame for all the underpriced stuff thats going on at present :whipit .

Bluey
06-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Welcome aboard Thistle...like the member name..nice touch. You will get to see a few of those as times go on

Thistle
06-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Hi Scooby Steve

Not Sure about the price update i purchased the manual but will not have it until Monday i'll let you know then re the under priced stuff not me iv'e not started work yet

Thistle
07-05-2011, 08:09 AM
[QUOTE=Bluey;69604]Welcome aboard Thistle...like the member name..nice touch. You will get to see a few of those as times go on[/QUOTE

Hi Bluey
Hope i will see a lot of thistles as i'm just starting out so i will have to get out there with some form of advertising over the next few weeks

Bugga
07-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Welcome Thistle

You have made the right choice going Indy instead of franchise

Hope all goes well for you.

Cheers

Ian

Thistle
07-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Welcome Thistle

You have made the right choice going Indy instead of franchise

Hope all goes well for you.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks Ian
Looked at Franchise for 5mins then said Indy to much in fees if i get the work i keep the money & not give most of it away in fees

Cheers
Tom

Bugga
07-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Good on ya Tom

You are in the right direction, any blockers read through & post in the forum or keep in touch with Dean.

Now is also a good time to get into garden cleanups & mulching.

It will help towards new customers for spring & summer mowing.

Ian

KTM
08-05-2011, 12:02 PM
:newbie Well here goes i guess i should jump straight in, been at this for about 5 months now at Woolgoolga NSW finding it a bit tuff to get started got about 18 regular customers at the moment,
but otherwise am really enjoying it,
Tried the local paper for a month waste of time not 1 call,
sent my second lot of flyers out last week only received 1 call so far,
Dropped of business cards to local shops, been to seen all real estate agents,
Just finding it a bit hard to get my name out there i guess all i can do is keep trying and learning off this forum.
The gear i use,
Toro G3 zero turn mower,
Proscape mower ( no problems yet but blocks up to easy in wet grass )
Echo blower, Wipper snipper, Polesaw.

Cheers Phil

Thistle
08-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Hi Ian
Will be targeting cleanups & mulching almost anything that will pay at the moment & hope to have some regulars by spring & summer

Cheers
Tom

RSM-Gazza
09-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Tom,

Welcome to our splendid stress free outdoors lifestyle,

I set up last year during winter and fined tuned it all for the coming spring launch.
I love my carreer change and free gym membership that came with it.
All the best in attracting all those Mitcham/Ringwood/Donvale/Doncaster and surrounding clients.
Ask the questions, I did and I asked some real dumb ones tooo. But it helped me to make appropiate personal decisions moving forward.