PDA

View Full Version : Ipad

NLALM
10-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Do any of you guys have an ipad and if so what do you use it for. I was thinking of buying the wife one for her birthday but I don't know anything about them so would it be worth it or not?

dooley
10-05-2011, 08:38 PM
I would seriously wait until the samsung galaxy 10.1 inch tablet is released in Australia, and go to a shop and test drive both. At work we have a mixture of iphones and Samsung Galaxy S's, and without a doubt the Samsung Galaxy S phones are every bit as good, if not better than the iphones. They have just as many apps, are easy to sync email too and smooth as.
So going by the finish quality on the galaxys, then the tablets should be as good as, if not better then the ipads.
It's worth the wait in my opinion :)

MikeS
11-05-2011, 03:10 PM
I have ipad 1, love it for setting next to tv and just checking in on things bank etc gets used probably for 3 or more hours a day by everyone in family checking facebook etc.

Mum has one she's 70 loves it can check the bank the paper and email all she wants

Bluey
11-05-2011, 06:02 PM
I don't have one. Thought about it but the way i go through phones at work would mean the Ipad wouldn't last all that long

Stripes
11-05-2011, 06:45 PM
I was thinking about getting an ipad. One of the things I would like would be to show potential clients slideshows of the different things I use such as sprinklers and controllers. Show them a short clip of the different sprinklers operating so they know what the are paying for and stuff like that.

Bluey
11-05-2011, 07:43 PM
I was thinking about getting an ipad. One of the things I would like would be to show potential clients slideshows of the different things I use such as sprinklers and controllers. Show them a short clip of the different sprinklers operating so they know what the are paying for and stuff like that.

Good idea Stripes. I have a photo album in the vehicle of jobs to show clients but a slideshow would be much much better. Thanks for planting the seed.

fairdinkum
11-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Can't see the point of the ipad. Surely a mid range laptop would be much more versatile and a lot cheaper. Would do everything the ipad does and then some.

Bluey
11-05-2011, 07:48 PM
I do like the portability. Can put an Ipad in the glove box but not a laptop

brettly
11-05-2011, 09:49 PM
I would seriously wait until the samsung galaxy 10.1 inch tablet is released in Australia, and go to a shop and test drive both. At work we have a mixture of iphones and Samsung Galaxy S's, and without a doubt the Samsung Galaxy S phones are every bit as good, if not better than the iphones. They have just as many apps, are easy to sync email too and smooth as.
So going by the finish quality on the galaxys, then the tablets should be as good as, if not better then the ipads.
It's worth the wait in my opinion :)

Im using the Galaxy S have done for sometime , great phone. As far as the ipad i dunno, the portability is great but compared to the features and accessibility a laptop can give you would it be worth it?..good to keep in the car(but securely?)..most smartphones do or will have all the options in the BEST portable size anyways.
Suppose it comes down to how much 'size' is important to you?

fairdinkum
12-05-2011, 04:35 AM
Yeah a smart phone with the android OS is the way to go. The screen (on my htc desire anyway) is big enough to show people slides and videos. And you can plug it into the pc when you get home to charge and synchronise data at the same time. ANd those netbook pcs should easily fit inside a glovebox if you need something a bit bigger.

PaulG
24-11-2011, 09:18 PM
I finally upgraded my old Nokia today. I left it sitting in the sun last week then it got wet which cracked the screen and also did funny things to the speaker.

Upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S2 but I've been sitting here for the last few hours almost regretting it, trying to understand and operate the damn thing!

Anyone else using one? I think I'm slowly getting the hang of it. Biggest annoyance would be the connection failing all the time when trying to download a few apps etc.

courty
24-11-2011, 09:27 PM
When it comes to phones,tablets and computers I'm an admitted Apple fanboy.
A very good mate of mine who's business also requires him to live on his mobile just got an iPhone 4GS.He resisted for so long sticking to other brands,first thing he said to me today was "why the f@#k did I take so long,this thing is the best bit of kit I have had".
For simplicity of use they leave the rest for dead.

MAGOO
24-11-2011, 09:57 PM
if you can hold off for a little longer these Kindle fire should be out

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Fire-Amazon-Tablet/dp/B0051VVOB2

They are a 7" screen but only $200 ... something cheap to use and surf the next etc ....

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
24-11-2011, 10:32 PM
I love a bit of a kindle fire. Have a couple of beers and shoot the breeze with me mates.:cool::p

cadase
25-11-2011, 07:41 AM
I don't like the eyepads, if you wear proper safety glasses you shouldn't need one.

Mick
25-11-2011, 07:45 AM
When it comes to phones,tablets and computers I'm an admitted Apple fanboy.
A very good mate of mine who's business also requires him to live on his mobile just got an iPhone 4GS.He resisted for so long sticking to other brands,first thing he said to me today was "why the f@#k did I take so long,this thing is the best bit of kit I have had".
For simplicity of use they leave the rest for dead.

Same here! We have Apple everything! Daughter has ipod touch, ipad, hand me down Macbook and recently my old iphone 3gs. Miss's just got a new iphone and use's my "music" macbook. I have new iphone and typing this on a iMac desktop.

Miss's had an Android phone and frankly, IMO, it sucked compared to the iphone. iPhone is just super easy to use and navigate. Sync's easily with everything. New iPhone 4s doesnt even need to be connected to a computer anymore, unless you want it to. Admittedly, Apple dropped the ball a bit with there latest release (was expecting design change) but its still a great phone! Heard of Siri?

Bluey
25-11-2011, 08:14 AM
I don't like the eyepads, if you wear proper safety glasses you shouldn't need one.

Lol...very good. Looks like your rained in too mate.

Greenie
25-11-2011, 08:21 AM
1 year ago I bought a Samsung galaxy s I thought it was good, but it slowly buggered up after 3 of them in 2 months I gave up, I bought an iPad and I love it especially for work and writing invoices... I went to England last year came back and bought a MacBook, I bought an iMac, and I bought 2 iPhones. And just a few weeks ago I bought my mrs a iPad 2
So I love there products alot:):):)