PDA

View Full Version : Telstra Mobile Business Bill

RSM-Gazza
01-06-2011, 11:39 PM
Posting too much tonight - on a roll but bed time is approaching.

But I was looking at my Business Mobile account on a cap plan and wow I've made some calls it seemed, although under my cap allowance in dollars.

Found it on my previous bill too when check-in it just now.

But when you repeatedly dial number every 1 or 2 minutes if they don't answer like to family members. You are charged 30sec and 77 cents.
You see the first call at $1 something with the message you left and then every call you make after whilst not ringing long enough to go to message bank you still get charged 77 cents for a non answered call.

There are one hundred odd non answered calls charged at 77 cents each and I'm not talking about when you let it go to meesage bank. They dominate the invoice.

One example, was one day when I urgently wanted my 18yr old daughter and I knew she was home on facebook. She sometimes won't answer due to thinking work (casual) are calling. So I called twelve times in row to indicate it may be mum or dad. She didn't answer by the way and her ipod was being fixed at the time. I know and recall that I didn't let them all go to message services and all twelve calls one by are listed as 30sec at 77cents.
Another time was when I was picking my daughter at school and I had to park far away due to rain with heaps of parent picking kids up. So I rang my daughters mobile repeatedly to try and tell her where I was.

Has anyone else noticed this and it was a couple months ago that Telstra said 30sec call blocks were finished and it would be now 1min blocks. So maybe in that switch we are being slogged another charge. Bugger me if I know, but I will be ringing tomorrow for an answer, I will have to schedule an hour out to get through.

Mick
02-06-2011, 09:09 AM
My contract with Optus will be up next month. I will be going over to these guys...
http://www.amaysim.com.au/

This new deal is $40/mth unlimited (except for international calls) and 4Gb data.
My miss's has been using the "As you go" plan for a while and its worked out very cheap.
They do use the Optus towers though so it may not be for everyone!

Bluey
02-06-2011, 06:17 PM
One example, was one day when I urgently wanted my 18yr old daughter and I knew she was home on facebook. She sometimes won't answer due to thinking work (casual) are calling. So I called twelve times in row to indicate it may be mum or dad. She didn't answer by the way and her ipod was being fixed at the time.

One answer to that Gazza an one you wont like...boyfriend

glassngrass
02-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Consider getting on the OPTUS Jim's Franchises business plan.

This is for franchise owners, their families, also clients of ANY one of the Jim's services.
There is no free calls or cap plans, however consider the call rates
$12/month access (if you have direct debit)
Free sms
Free voicemail deposits and retrievals
No flagfall
11cent/minute calls - billed by the second
That means a 25 second call will cost you 5 cents - just doesn't get better that that.
Further, calls between phones on same plan a FREE, not just 8 till midnight and weekends, but 24-7
2 year contract
Get a new number, or port your existing

This is not secret knowledge, but available direct from Jim's website

So, consider getting your car, carpets or windows cleaned - or any other service from any one of 30 odd divisions and you will qualify. Just be sure to get the franchise guys franchise ID number.

I won't be giving up my plan anytime soon

mobileplan@jims.net

fairdinkum
03-06-2011, 05:12 AM
Vodafone infinite plans are pretty good. Got the HTC desire hd on the $65 cap. It's basically free calls to all fixed line and mobiles in Australia with 2gb data. But you have to pay for voicemail retrievals if you go over $65.