PDA

View Full Version : done my first Job today

james
02-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Done my first Job today took me 1hr to do
she paid me $35 l used my push mower,whip and
blower and was able to put my grass l got
in the catcher into her bin she said that
was ok do you think $35 is a good price to charge?
she want me to do it all the time.

Mrs HMS
02-09-2006, 04:04 PM
Hi James and congratulations in doing your first job. May it be the first of many.

For 1 hour I'd say $35 was a reasonable price, that's what Tim charges for an hour job, so long as it's not foot high and full of builder's rubble :rolleyes:

Good luck with the next one, and the one after that...etc

bigG
02-09-2006, 06:29 PM
congrats james well done .you will find the more you do somebodys place the quicker you will do it .plus the quality of your equipment makes a differance too

Tim from HMS
02-09-2006, 06:53 PM
G'Day James, and well done. I'm not that far ahead of you, a newbie to this caper too.

Your price seems fair to me, it's good when they want to have you come back...obviously you did a good job.

Deep Heat and hot showers are you're best friend!!!

jmk256
02-09-2006, 08:55 PM
Out of an 8 hr day if you spend on average 1 hr travelling, 1hr for breaks, 1/2 hr on the phone and being polite to customers, 1hr doing bookwork and quotes, 1/2hr buying stuff like fuel, painkillers and mind altering medications, guess what, you are only working 4hrs and that's if you are fully booked ! So out of your $35 you get $17.50 to pay tax, bills, ex partners, hangers on and whatever else takes your fancy. Makes $45/hr sound good doesn't it.
Imagine if you had to give Jimmy P or VIP a large chunk of the take as well, thank god for independents ! :russ:

Sorry, make sure you allow time for broken belts, blades, starter ropes, windows, hearts, ankles, RSI treatment, wee stops and other emergencies as well :laughing:

bigG
04-09-2006, 05:49 PM
how is everything going this week james

Tim from HMS
09-09-2006, 11:01 AM
How's things James? You went a bit quiet....are you slowly coming down off the 4 stroke fume induced high? I found I had a headache by the end of my first week...now I seem immune to the fumes :laughing:

james
26-10-2006, 09:17 PM
l got 3 regular mowing Jobs 1 paying $30 other 2 are paying $40

they take about a hour to do each Job DO you think thats
a good price on my own? not sure if the $30 is worth it
lm in Sydney

bigG
27-10-2006, 05:12 PM
the 30 is a bit cheap.in time you should cut that time down a bit .hard to say without seeing them .if they do take that long you might want to put your prices up a tad.dont forget you have running costs as well

bigG
27-10-2006, 06:20 PM
the 30 is a bit cheap.in time you should cut that time down a bit .hard to say without seeing them .if they do take that long you might want to put your prices up a tad.dont forget you have running costs as well

administrator
27-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Tip
when u are new at the game it can take u alot longer to do the same area as some one that is experienced. :ebony:

james
28-10-2006, 10:29 AM
Guys,
Just finished work for the day. Got $40 an hour - 2 hrs work. Organising my wedding now so thats probly gonna take most of what I earn durin week as I want Jen to have a nice day, lucky I thought of mowin on weekends. Wont be on here much now no time. Thanks for the feedback.