PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Mowing can be deadly

MikeS
11-06-2011, 04:03 PM
The dangers of working near the public

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/breaking-news/kansas-motorist-drives-for-three-miles-with-dead-man-on-roof-of-van/story-e6freonf-1226073487861

happymowin
12-06-2011, 07:19 AM
yeah, i used to be a security guard, cash carry etc, and they always used to tell us, whatever you do, dont do traffic control, it's too dangerous working next to the road.

Dinoz
29-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Holy c**p. I have nearly been wiped out a few times, by cars, cyclists and kids on skateboards. I do this long driveway with grass verges either side, which I constantly have to stand on the driveway using the weedeater. One day a guy was racing along the driveway just as I stepped out and he had to serve and ended up ploughing through the grass on the other side of the driveway. Must have been going all of 50km/h on residential driveway. He would have seen me and should have slowed down as he passed. Can you make you a bit paranoid, especially not being able to hear anything with the earmuffs on.

Bluey
29-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Holy c**p. I have nearly been wiped out a few times, by cars, cyclists and kids on skateboards. I do this long driveway with grass verges either side, which I constantly have to stand on the driveway using the weedeater. One day a guy was racing along the driveway just as I stepped out and he had to serve and ended up ploughing through the grass on the other side of the driveway. Must have been going all of 50km/h on residential driveway. He would have seen me and should have slowed down as he passed. Can you make you a bit paranoid, especially not being able to hear anything with the earmuffs on.

Do you wear hi viz Dinoz and do you put out warning signs. Both would be a good idea in this sort of situation. Whenever i have to get on a roadway I am super conscious of what is behind me. Love the way you guys call whippys weed eaters like the yanks. South Africans do it too