PDA

View Full Version : New Walker Mowers

Jayk
24-06-2011, 10:48 PM
We are being ripped of. The price for a diesel md walker with highdump in us is around 20k. in australia 36k. priks.
I know everyone has to make money, but our dollar was 1.04 to the us this morning. surely it should be mid 20k.

PhilG
25-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Can anyone tell us how much it costs to import a machine from the States. Shipping, import duties etc.
We are looking at a Hustler x one. It retails here for $13800. In the States retail is $8200.

South East Mowing
25-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Can anyone tell us how much it costs to import a machine from the States. Shipping, import duties etc.
We are looking at a Hustler x one. It retails here for $13800. In the States retail is $8200.

Hi Phil,

I was looking at one from SLE in USA but opted out. Got my brothers mate to work this out for me based from Nashville and size of 1.1m x 1.2m x1.6m & 550kgs estimated. You may not be able to understand it all as it didnt paste properly but if you want it emailed let me know. Add GST but if USA made no more taxes (I think)

INDICATIVE COSTING SHEET -IMPORT SEAFREIGHT-NOT FOR INVOICING PURPOSES

CUSTOMER NAME: SOUTH EAST MOWING
CONTACT John Seccas
QUOTE REF: BNA-MEL-IS-LCL-07-FEB-11
DATE QUOTED 7/02/2011
VALIDITY ON QUOTE: 31/03/2011

SERVICE: CCS 36 DAYS NUMBER OF PACKAGES: 1
INCOTERMS: EXW DIMENSIONS: 1.1MX2.0MX1.60M
PORT/CFS OF ORIGIN: NASHVILLE USA ACTUAL WEIGHT: 550KGS
PORT OF DISCHARGE: MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA CBM: 3.52CBM

ORIGIN ZONE CHARGES RATE CURRENCY RATE

HANDLING USD 55.00 USD USD 55.00
DOCUMENTATION FEE USD 20.00 USD USD 20.00
EXPORT ENTRY(AES) USD 15.00 USD USD 15.00
PICK UP FROM TN 37013550KGS USD 183.03 USD USD 183.03
FUEL ON CARTAGE 25.00% USD USD 45.75
CFS/THC USD 5.00 USD USD 17.60
ORIGIN ISPS USD 6.00 USD USD 6.00
CLEAN TRUCK FEE 3.00 or 3.00 USD USD 10.56
ORIGIN SECURITY FEE USD 15.00 USD USD 15.00
CARO DATA DECLATION USD 7.00 USD USD 7.00
SUB TOTAL USD USD 374.94
AT INDICATIVE ROE. 1.01321 AUD 370.05

INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT CHARGES
FREIGHT LCL USD 255.00 USD USD 897.60
BAF INCLUDED USD INCLUDED
ISPS USD 7.00 USD USD 7.00
SUB TOTAL USD USD 904.60
AT INDICATIVE ROE. 1.01321 AUD AUD 892.80

DESTINATION ZONE CHARGES RATE CURRENCY RATE

AUSTRALIAN PORT CHARGES PER W/M AUD 69.50 AUD AUD 244.64
THC PER W/M AUD 15.00 AUD AUD 52.80
CHANNEL DEEPENING FEE PER W/M AUD 3.00 AUD AUD 10.56
CARRIER DOC FEE AUD 25.00 AUD AUD 25.00
TSF PER W/M AUD 5.00 AUD AUD 17.60
CARTAGE WITHIN 39 KM RADIUS 85.00 or 25.00 AUD AUD 88.00
FUEL ON CARTAGE 10.50% AUD AUD 9.24
DELIVERY ORDER FEE AUD 50.00 AUD AUD 50.00
SEA CARGO AUTOMATION FEE AUD 25.00 AUD AUD 25.00
COURIER FEE AUD 19.50 AUD AUD 19.50
QUARANTINE BARRIER FEE AUD 25.00 AUD AUD 25.00
CMR AUD 35.00 AUD AUD 35.00
EDI FEE AUD 10.00 AUD AUD 10.00
SUB TOTAL AUD AUD 612.34

GRAND INDICATIVE TOTAL AUD AUD 1,875.19

GST, DUTY AND TAXES NOT INCLUDED

The above is an indicative costing for Client easy calcualtion of basic charges only and not the final cost nor valid or filed as a quotation or for invoicing purposes .all shipments will be invoiced based on formal quotation and on actual weight,dims, and or equipment at time of arrival. All ancillary and or miscellaneous applicable charges are listed on formal Panalpina quotation format.
rate of exchange is based only on the day of quotation and or compilation of indicative costing sheet. CAF is not included.
Please note:
Freight rates are based on Standard cargo not applicable for Oversized, Hazardous or dangerous goods cargo.
All rates offered above are valid for 30 days from date of submission.
Peak Season surcharge (PSS) is effective when applied by Carriers.
All Surcharges (existing and potential) are payable and are subject to change with or without notice.
All duties and taxes at destination/origin will be charged as per outlay.
Cartage is quoted within Metro area (40 KM ) only.
Above rates exclude detention, storage and other additional charges (i.e Fumigation).
Rates are subject to change with or without notice.
Carrier rationalisation may impact on the services/transits/capacity that Panalpina have proposed in above submission. This rationalisation may require Panalpina to review and propose alternate carrier options and pricing _ in particular if projected volu
Panalpina reserves the right to nominate alternate Carrier(s) at most competitive market rates in the event that specified Carrier(s) alter the original service offering _ i.e transits, frequency, capacity, pricing and validities.

happymowin
25-06-2011, 04:05 PM
its not the aussie dollar, it is import tax/sales tax etc.

and importing doesnt seem so good, when you get no warranty, and also if you hurt someone with the machine (acccident) your machine is not australian des. reg. approved, so u mite be in the poo.

also, i know with walkers, the aussie decks run faster, cos our grass is tougher than usa/europe, and the new multi decks are aus/NZ alone.

and what happens if it gets here and its a bomb? / seized engine etc?

its a bummer, but walkers are "worth" what they are worth here, else so many guys would not have them, and i'd be able to find a good bloddy second hand one !! (guys KEEP them, till they rot lol)

i'm still getting my MT 26 HP, just hoping to sell an investment first, d'oh

TassieXJ
26-06-2011, 07:33 AM
its not the aussie dollar, it is import tax/sales tax etc.

and importing doesnt seem so good, when you get no warranty, and also if you hurt someone with the machine (acccident) your machine is not australian des. reg. approved, so u mite be in the poo.

also, i know with walkers, the aussie decks run faster, cos our grass is tougher than usa/europe, and the new multi decks are aus/NZ alone.

and what happens if it gets here and its a bomb? / seized engine etc?

its a bummer, but walkers are "worth" what they are worth here, else so many guys would not have them, and i'd be able to find a good bloddy second hand one !! (guys KEEP them, till they rot lol)

i'm still getting my MT 26 HP, just hoping to sell an investment first, d'oh

Same as buying a second hand walker here in Australia from the dealer, rip you off and wont talk to you.

MikeD
07-07-2011, 08:40 PM
PhilG - When you get the X one, could you do a write up or PM me to what you think about it. I want to get one but no one around hear has one to demo. I might go to the SuperZ, but they dont have 54 inch in the new ones. Its just hard to give these people some money. Apparently there are no mowers here in Sydney and that worries me abit. Actually should start my own Hustler franchise here I recon.

PhilG
09-07-2011, 09:05 AM
PhilG - When you get the X one, could you do a write up or PM me to what you think about it. I want to get one but no one around hear has one to demo. I might go to the SuperZ, but they dont have 54 inch in the new ones. Its just hard to give these people some money. Apparently there are no mowers here in Sydney and that worries me abit. Actually should start my own Hustler franchise here I recon.

We haven't decided which machine we will be purchasing yet. Just liked the specs on the x one. Just not the price.
As I posted elsewere have a look at Big Dog, they are made by the same company as Hustler but they are loads cheaper.

MikeD
09-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks PhilG legend.

South East Mowing
18-08-2011, 10:52 PM
We haven't decided which machine we will be purchasing yet. Just liked the specs on the x one. Just not the price.
As I posted elsewere have a look at Big Dog, they are made by the same company as Hustler but they are loads cheaper.

The comparable to the x-one in big dog has the older deck and only 24hp kawasaki. The seat I am not sure about as he didnt have one there to see.
So a 24hp kawa 52inch cut with a 6inch? deep older deck and no flex forks (about $3-400 )and not sure about the seat about $11500 - from the importer. Dealers to service it - none so far close to me.

The x-one 31 kawa 54inch cut (allows 2 inch trim) with the newer deck and flex forks and good seat about $14500. $3000 more with a better deck (i believe), flex forks, more grunt and definately service for me.

Only started out wanting to spend $10000 max thats why looking at importing - but badboy were the only ones I could really get. So $14500 will probably get me the x-one:slam dunk

South East Mowing
23-08-2011, 07:40 PM
The comparable to the x-one in big dog has the older deck and only 24hp kawasaki. The seat I am not sure about as he didnt have one there to see.
So a 24hp kawa 52inch cut with a 6inch? deep older deck and no flex forks (about $3-400 )and not sure about the seat about $11500 - from the importer. Dealers to service it - none so far close to me.

The x-one 31 kawa 54inch cut (allows 2 inch trim) with the newer deck and flex forks and good seat about $14500. $3000 more with a better deck (i believe), flex forks, more grunt and definately service for me.

Only started out wanting to spend $10000 max thats why looking at importing - but badboy were the only ones I could really get. So $14500 will probably get me the x-one:slam dunk

Ok , put a deposit on the x-one and due to pick it up and pay when my trailer is ready. paid $1000 more for it than a demo unit with 5 hrs was being offered for, but have the service around the corner from me (thats what i need)

bring on spring and bring on the acreage jobs!! Yeah Andy just a little excited!:dance