PDA

View Full Version : Gdday from Radelaide

SM MOWING
10-07-2011, 12:18 AM
Hi All,

Just thought id start by saying what a great help this forum is when starting out! Thanks everyone! :wave-hi:

Im in the process of starting a small lawnmowing business after working in a office job for seven years and getting no enjoyment out of it! I used to work in a small engine repair shop for a few years before my "office career" and with a bit of gardening common sense and accounting knowledge hope ill make it in this business!

Does anyone have any knowledge about what the neis program entales and if it is of any benefit in this business?? both financially and information wise? I am in a situation to apply, so no problem there.

Thanks in advance for your help and i look forward to learning and contributing to this forum...

AYM
10-07-2011, 01:29 AM
Does anyone have any knowledge about what the neis program entales and if it is of any benefit in this business?? both financially and information wise? I am in a situation to apply, so no problem there.

Welcome.

I recall looking into the NEIS program last year when I started out, but it sounded like too much of a pain in the arse to me. That said, I think there is a thread or two here about it, so I assume some people here have found it helpful.

Cheers - Dwayne

SM MOWING
11-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Are there any good websites that anyone knows off detailing diffrent types of grass and how to care for them in a easy to read detailed way ie a website cheat sheet just to get some backround knowledge, even better a complete gardeners guide...

Been also looking at the blowers and brushcutters available at kmart...what are ppls thoughts on these compared to the bigw ones...?? prices are comparable... and the kmart blower aslo vacuums...does anyone use there blower as a vacuum??? ie leafs??

Laugh at me, you probably will lol I have a Mccollouch Blower (old school mac in new condition, inherited from family that was hardly used) and Brushcutter (Two years old) that im going to start with before i upgrade in the next couple months once i build up the business, just looking for cheapies as backup in the mean time.

I wont mention the Victa mower, but considering honda is getting a thrashing on here maybe its not so bad after all....