PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Clippings Enetering Stormwater Systems

administrator
18-09-2006, 01:49 PM
LAWN CLIPPINGS ENETERING STORMWATER SYSTEMS

THE COUNCIL OF BAYSIDE IN VICTORIA HAS ALERTED US SAYING THAT FROM TIME TO TIME THEY RECIEVE COMPLAINTS FROM RESIDENTS WHO HAVE NOTICED LAWN MOWING OPERATORS BLOWING THE LAWN CLIPPINGS INTO THE STORMWATER PITS .

THE LETTER ALSO ADVISED US THAT DISCHARGING ANY MATERIAL INTO THE STORMWATER SYSTEM IS AN OFFENCE UNDER THE BAYSIDE CITY COUNCILS LOCAL LAWS AND THE ENVIROMENTAL PROTECTION ACT.

MOST COUNCILS IN AUSTRALIA HAS THIS LOCAL LAW SO JUST BE AWARE BUT NOT ALARMED

:aus-flag:

administrator
18-09-2006, 01:51 PM
PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT 10 BILLION LEAVES THAT FALL OF TREES EACH YEAR FIND THERE WAY INTO STORMWATER DRAINS ARE ARE A PROBLEM ALSO BE ALARMED AND AWARE :laughing: :ebony:

bigG
18-09-2006, 08:30 PM
it has been noted :dean: :dean:

Shepparton Lawn Care
18-09-2006, 09:42 PM
Whilst on that, I have noticed that 2 members of a certain franchise leave the clippings from the nature strip about 3 foot from the gutter, out onto the road- Is this in their training manual??. I can only assume that they are "blowing" the gutter and it deflects out on the road-does anybody know how they would get out on the road??

ian
30-09-2006, 10:31 PM
regarding clippings on the road it must be remembered that the nature strip is council property and so is the road and the drains are also on council property so technicaly if you remove the grass you are stealing council property where as if you blow them onto the road or down the drain you are just moving them around council land

administrator
01-10-2006, 03:24 PM
lol Ian :laughing:
Also i heard the rumour that people using ride ons on nature strips can be fined for driving and unlicensed vechile . :Rain:

Fact is the rumour is right depends which state :dean:

administrator
20-11-2007, 08:36 AM
If your area has strange council laws let us know :(