PDA

View Full Version : Brand New to the scene.!

The Grass Barber
13-08-2011, 04:13 PM
G'Day All,
David is my name and I have just joined up with all you fine people.I am kicking of with my business in and around the Liverpool area in Sydney NSW that is untill my wife and I make the big move up to the Gold Coast next April. So for now im I am going to give it my all in Sydney. I have been keeping an eye on the forums on this site and might I say that I have picked up so much information already from all of you who have been in the industry for many years with so much experience. I look forward to getting involved in the discussions on this site and hopefully meeting up with some of you in the future.

Scooby Steve
13-08-2011, 05:54 PM
G'day David a warm welcome to you. Any questions don't ask me because i haven't got a clue but there are others on here that have a fair bit of knowledge and will be able to help you out. Just watch out for a guy named Andy you can never trust anyone that moves away from QLD :shifty ;).

Andy B
13-08-2011, 06:32 PM
G'day David, and never ever trust some one who calls himself Scooby Steve, he might be talking about mowing but really he just wants to go fishing. :D oh and don't start me on TLG or BlackBear. lol

Make sure when you move up to Qld you get an extra room for us all to come visit. :)

courty
13-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Welcome David
I have to agree with Scooby,Andy's the only bloke I have ever heard of doing the reverse migration,watch him.

RSM-Gazza
13-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Welcome David,

It can be hard work especially in summer, but hey what a lifestyle it is. You will learn plenty in your first year and stumble a few times like I have.
But I would never swap it for quids.
I asked some vague questions when I first started and I'm so glad I did as the guys & gals here will help you all the way.

Best wishes moving forward and be safe in what you do when working.

simo
14-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Hi David welcome..Don`t buy Stihl :scared ...And buy a better mower than Honda :magic ...Have fun :p

Woodsy
14-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Hi David welcome..Don`t buy Stihl :scared ...And buy a better mower than Honda :magic ...Have fun :p

And so it begins.....

PhilG
14-08-2011, 09:26 AM

What do you suggest?

fairdinkum
14-08-2011, 10:52 AM
I would actually suggest buy nothing but stihl and honda hehe

PaulG
14-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Welcome David!

simo
14-08-2011, 02:51 PM
I would actually suggest buy nothing but stihl and honda hehe :thinking Yep that`s what i have, but hate the stihl & can`t find better than honda

63impala
14-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Hell yah I had most shinys hondas and stihl stihl lives up to it name you cant kill them.... And honda them older moldes are the best dont make them any more and the new ones with that dead mans clutch just S**t and it got like 5kg more....:dance:cool::m fight:magic

Redeye
14-08-2011, 09:23 PM
+1..........................................

courty
14-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Am I alone in owning Stihl stuff that starts within 3 pulls cold and first pull hot

fairdinkum
15-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Am I alone in owning Stihl stuff that starts within 3 pulls cold and first pull hot No, I also do the required maintenance :)......No problems starting my stihl gear

The Grass Barber
15-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Well guys thanks for all you kind words,im happy to say that I have a Honda mower and a stihl combo with all the bits Im sure they will see me through plenty of years.!

PaulG
15-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Am I alone in owning Stihl stuff that starts within 3 pulls cold and first pull hot

Nah. My little MS170 saw I use for small lopping and pruning job is like that. A couple of pulls on choke then it fires. It's the only Stihl tool I own at the moment.

captain kirk
15-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Hi dave and welcome.
i am new hear as well. i just signed up today i am from toowoomba qld. i use to live not far from liverpool. well best of luck mate.

captain kirk
15-08-2011, 09:16 PM
i got the combo as well. its been awesome i been using it flat out for the last 2 week's plenty of grunt. i have an old fs120 brush cutter it's 11 yrs old now and stihl working

BKMAustralia
02-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Hello All, thankyou for letting me join this forum. My name is Ben and we are starting up in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne. Will be seeing how we go untill July 2012, when we will be moving to the beautiful Sunshine Coast to continue it there.
I have read a few posts on here and most of it has been really helpful.
Hopefully I will be welcomed and can share info or tips later on down the track.

Cheers, Ben

The Grass Barber
02-09-2011, 03:04 PM
G'Day Ben,
It seems alot of people are heading North of the border,im in the same boat as you ill be moving up to the Gold Coast around April next year and I hope to make a living up there doing lawns and gardens and anything else i can get my hands on.I hope it goes well for you down in Mexico as well as Qld.

BKMAustralia
02-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks Grass Barber.

chevron
02-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Welcome and good fortune, great lifestyle.

BKMAustralia
02-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Good evening fellas and ladies :)

I need a little bit of assistance. Due to just starting and starting my collection of goodies, I am having a bit of trouble with getting myself out there.

Currently working 2 jobs until I have all the basic gear I need and my trailer is finished being resprayed and rewired. I have just scored my first 2 jobs which are 2 hours worth each.

I need help with a few things. (info and a bit of guidance if possible)

If someone could message me to my inbox it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ben

Fred's mowing
02-09-2011, 11:46 PM
We need to know what u need info & guidance with??????????????
Cheers Fred.

Redlandsguy
03-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Didn't you guys hear that the bridges over the Tweed and the Macintyre at Goondi were washed away in the floods. They don't expect to ever rebuild them and entry into Queensland is now impossable. It's a shame that all you Mexicans and Brazilians won't be able to get up here but we northerners will just have to put up with our misfortune of not having any more immigrants and keep on keeping on.

Hello All, thankyou for letting me join this forum. My name is Ben and we are starting up in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne. Will be seeing how we go untill July 2012, when we will be moving to the beautiful Sunshine Coast to continue it there.
I have read a few posts on here and most of it has been really helpful.
Hopefully I will be welcomed and can share info or tips later on down the track.

Cheers, Ben

63impala
03-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Mexicalis crosing the border aye I would have one of the bad boys set up the mexicalis will think it just a largre RD_D2 what ever his name is let just say if this thing locked on to you ur toast but it will iraacate pest problem in California...The non speaking english coxroches.... ....peace:magic:Rain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmjZBaQLsCw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uQ8UjjLeZE&feature=related

Injoy the mexicali BBQ lol cheers

Fred's mowing
03-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Mexicalis crosing the border aye I would have one of the bad boys set up the mexicalis will think it just a largre RD_D2 what ever his name is let just say if this thing locked on to you ur toast but it will iraacate pest problem in California...The non speaking english coxroches.... ....peace:magic:Rain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmjZBaQLsCw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uQ8UjjLeZE&feature=related

Injoy the mexicali BBQ lol cheers
Well said Imp, I think u speak 4 all Queenslanders:cool:
Cheers Fred.

Bluey
03-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Well said Imp, I think u speak 4 all Queenslanders:cool:
Cheers Fred.

LMFAO....stop it Fred

63impala
03-09-2011, 06:02 PM
LMFAO....stop it Fred

Hey what does that Mean do share....LMFAO....,

Bluey
03-09-2011, 06:09 PM
C'mon Imp....you must know that surely?????

63impala
03-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Yeah explain again your talking aussie to an american witch he dont under stand.... ....?

Bluey
03-09-2011, 07:40 PM
LMFAO......Laugh My F*****g Arse Off. I actually think it originated in Amercia.

imoww
03-09-2011, 07:43 PM
You probably already have the gear to mow lawns.
MOost of us here presume you have one of the better named equipment. i.e. Honda , Stihl. etc...
Condense your rounds as close as you can.
Allways over quote a little.
Leave enough time in your day to have breaks.
Read Dan's look on sucsess.
Work out what advertising works best in your area. i.e. think if you're looking for your lawns to be mowed and how would you go about it. (Internet, Yeallow pages, Local paper etc)

63impala
03-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Hey imowm aint it dean corner not dans corner???? ????,:magic:cool:

63impala
03-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Cheer blue not like most people my age that site at home all day wasting there lives on computer a stounds me more to life than that... .....,:magic

imoww
03-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Im gett'n old dude.
Dean, Dan, Derick, Dextor??????

63impala
03-09-2011, 08:08 PM
You wactch to many movies & to much tv start livin brotha........,3/5 iron horse

Fred's mowing
03-09-2011, 11:15 PM
LMFAO....stop it Fred
Sorry Bluey, I tried to hold back but my fingers just kept goin!
Could'nt resist.
Cheers Fred.