Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Rover Pro Cut 560 Mulch 'N Catch self propelled

Default Re: Rover Pro Cut 560 Mulch 'N Catch self propelled

i went to a shop in castle hill on the weekend (rover dealer) they say that they are to be supplied with chinese motor in future.
    They buy these rip off the motor and blade brake, then sell them with a b&s850 on them (for contractors) for 1300

remember, ALL HONDA BADGED motors are now made in CHINA

so it IS a chonda

Quote Originally Posted by dave hirst View Post
    i went to a shop in castle hill on the weekend (rover dealer) they say that they are to be supplied with chinese motor in future.
    They buy these rip off the motor and blade brake, then sell them with a b&s850 on them (for contractors) for 1300
    a question

if they are taking the blade brake off, and your offsider sticks his hand in there and gets it cut off, is it YOU or the mower shop guy that will end up sharing bubbas cell?

thats why i bought mine when my honda was still going strong, so it DIDNT have a blade or engine brake from the manufacturer

i'd be a tad careful . . . (even tho im being a safety moron, you gotta see the point?)

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    Done some ringing around, and it seems these honda powered ones are extinct. Anyone with ads on websites owned up to not updating them properly.
    The one I saw in the shop must be old stock then I think it's an awesome combo though, imoww if I were u I'd grab it before we get all the copied Briggs on them.

Greenie do you have a location or number for that. Someone may be interested

Oh yes, west Hoxton park, Jc mowers I think it was.

a question

if they are taking the blade brake off, and your offsider sticks his hand in there and gets it cut off, is it YOU or the mower shop guy that will end up sharing bubbas cell?

thats why i bought mine when my honda was still going strong, so it DIDNT have a blade or engine brake from the manufacturer

i'd be a tad careful . . . (even tho im being a safety moron, you gotta see the point?)

Yup i see your point, personally i already have one of the old prebrake jobbies, so I dont care.
    I was just passing on some info for those that can make up there own mind.
    I am sure they will take your point into consideration

a question

Yup i see your point, personally i already have one of the old prebrake jobbies, so I dont care.
    I was just passing on some info for those that can make up there own mind.
    I am sure they will take your point into consideration

I don't see why people dislike the blade brake. I think its better than the engine brake, at least you can still drive it across paths etc. safely.

Very Helpful Member

i would assume the blade brake would be part of the original engine and not fitted to the briggs 850 so there would be no way to leave it on
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

I would not think about the engine brake, because it is not illegal to change an engine on a mower, and its not currently illegal to have a mower without a blade brake in Australia as far as I know.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

i'm just being the warning bird

wouldnt like someone to post "yeah i did that, didnt think about the consequences, and now i'm being SUED for it, and bubba wants to be ON TOP"

its the unknown unknowns that kill ya

the mower shop is selling the mower "new" so i assume it is the mower shops responsibility.
    You seem to have a fixation with bubba.. Something you want to tell us :-)

why would you want one with a honda donk over a briggs 850? beyond my comprehension

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by dave hirst View Post
    the mower shop is selling the mower "new" so i assume it is the mower shops responsibility.
    You seem to have a fixation with bubba.. Something you want to tell us :-)
    ASSUME dave

what if the INVOICE showed mower WITH blade brake; blade brake removed per contractors request.

i PRESUME they dont do it to ALL machines they get, and just do it to suit YOUR order.

so who is RESPONSIBLE?

you'll see what bubba says

Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 LastLast