Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Rover Pro Cut 560 Mulch 'N Catch self propelled

Default Re: Rover Pro Cut 560 Mulch 'N Catch self propelled

thanks cranbourne, that would be a great help

good onya mate

Quote Originally Posted by happymowin View Post
    watcha mean by the big commercial blades? does dean sell them, anyone got a linky to a pic?

thanks for the tip
    Dean has the ASP blades at the Indy store. The original Rover part number for the blade/bolt combo is in the listing. The bolts are longer and have a bigger head than ordinary bolts.
    The ASP blades look to have a bigger step, and the flute is not as sharp as the Rovers but I haven't used them yet to see how they perform.

004rs.jpg 005rs.jpg

ok i spoke to my mower mechanic.

he seems to know everything about them (as a mech should)

re the clutch on the rover:

a clutch "usually" lasts between 1 and 2 years

its actually a "proper" clutch, not like the "dog clutch" on the honda, which should NEVER be ridden (its on or off); as you will wear or bugger up the cogs in the dog clutch on the honda

back to the rover:

its a cheap part (a bit of cork) and the labour brings it to about $100 total replacement cost

riding it WILL wear it out quicker, but not very much so - he agrees with you all that it revolves SLOWLY and isnt like a cars clutch, where riding it WILL stuff that quickly.

riding it is "okay"

if it saves me a bit of work, its worth replacing the clutch "sooner"

thanks for the tip guys, that will make my life easier;

it helps me to understand how things work (im not the sort that can FIX stuff easy, but i can UNDERSTAND how stuff operates, then that helps me)

the cable adjuster wheel (which i have only 5mm of thread left on) is just a cable tightener, and he can re adjust it from the clutch end?? and give me back more adjustment on it

he will check the belt slip for me when i get the axle/wheel fixed.

thanks again - LOVE the forum

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

ok i spoke to my mower mechanic.

he seems to know everything about them (as a mech should)

re the clutch on the rover:

a clutch "usually" lasts between 1 and 2 years

its actually a "proper" clutch, not like the "dog clutch" on the honda, which should NEVER be ridden (its on or off); as you will wear or bugger up the cogs in the dog clutch on the honda

back to the rover:

its a cheap part (a bit of cork) and the labour brings it to about $100 total replacement cost

riding it WILL wear it out quicker, but not very much so - he agrees with you all that it revolves SLOWLY and isnt like a cars clutch, where riding it WILL stuff that quickly.

riding it is "okay"

if it saves me a bit of work, its worth replacing the clutch "sooner"

thanks for the tip guys, that will make my life easier;

it helps me to understand how things work (im not the sort that can FIX stuff easy, but i can UNDERSTAND how stuff operates, then that helps me)

the cable adjuster wheel (which i have only 5mm of thread left on) is just a cable tightener, and he can re adjust it from the clutch end?? and give me back more adjustment on it

he will check the belt slip for me when i get the axle/wheel fixed.

thanks again - LOVE the forum
    Great Feedback... thanks for clarifying!

The Rover is looking promising

Simmo.

Having an issue with my 560 at the moment. The clutch engagement/disengagement is erratic. Won't engage sometimes and then suddenly it will. And then sometimes it won't disengage.

I had a quick look yesterday morning and for some reason, the bottom clutch return spring seems to be slightly misaligned and is catching on the housing. As there is also a spring between the top of the cable and the SP lever, this top spring will stretch to max before the cable can pull the bottom spring past the obstruction and allow the clutch to engage.
    Fixed it temporarily by replacing the top spring with a solid wire and it's working perfectly but will have a better look on the weekend.

Ed, check sideways movement on the arm, could be the arm is loose, if so need a allen key to tighten up onto clutch shaft. If that does not fix sideways movement, then you might have to check the bearing. Rover sent me some unsealed bearings the other day and I sent them back telling them they would only last a few months before they wore out. They told me that they were the correct bearings so you may have a unsealed bearing that has chewed out. Non genuine sealed bearing number is 6001VV they are so much cheaoer than Rover's.

Hi Dave, Thanks for that. That would explain perfectly whats happening. I did give it a bit of a wriggle, but it was still under spring tension so probably wouldn't have noticed much movement. Was running late that morning so I just got it mobile as quickly as possible.
    Will get onto it on Sunday and check it out.

Dave, I just got another look at my clutch cam return spring issue. Couldn't see anything amiss. Bearings were fine, just the spring is not aligned properly and catching on the housing.
    So I just had a look in your service manual, and a big DOH!! Looks as though the spring has an offset hook on the bottom. So I'd say it's just twisted a bit on the bolt that it's hooked around.
    It's a bit hard to see down there on the machine. That's my excuse anyway

Put some new ASP blades on for the first time this arvo and gave it a quick run. Must be one dodgy one because there is a fair vibration now. Have to swap it over in the morning. Even though the ASP's don't have as big a flute as the Rover blades, there is still plenty of wind.

Yes that sounds like it could be the easy solution to your problem, you need a good LED torch to see properly and even then the space is only small. I haven't had any problems with ASP blades. Check that they are all seated properly on the shoulders and done up tight.

i have one of these now and the wire in the speed controller (i know very technical) broke... called the shop and they replaced it straight away no argument under warranty.... wire snapped inside the casing

also do people use normal blades or the heavy duty ones?

i am using the heavy duty from dean, did yours come with 4 or 2. I have only been running 2

mine came with 4

i was always told 4 for catching (extra air)

2 for non catching (OR 4)

so i always run 4 (honda use 4 hi lifts, rover use 4 - dont think they do a low lift blade)

interested in the HD ones tho

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

mine came with 4

i was always told 4 for catching (extra air)

2 for non catching (OR 4)

so i always run 4 (honda use 4 hi lifts, rover use 4 - dont think they do a low lift blade)

interested in the HD ones tho
    Sorry Happy I was mean't to get back to you with the part no's

BLD6087

it replaces A16108K

Not cheap though I have been paying $19 a pair . Will have to order some from Dean

cheers

thanks cranbourne !!!

The honeymoon is over baby...........

2 lawns into yesterday the rover just dies on me,didn't splutter or anything just died. Change the plug and she fires up,beauty me thinks until 10 mins into the next lawn she dies again. Float bowl off,air box off,carby clean put her back together and she fires up again. 10 mins later she's dead again,back of my mind I'm thinking coil as the time between start up and failure was alway similar,make a phone call to DavidS from here who confirms my suspicions(thanks for you time mate,your a champion) .
    On the phone this morning to all the local dealers,none anywhere and a weeks wait to get one.Found a good bloke down at Burleigh who was the first to suggest I bring it down and he will have a look through his second hand parts(he has now gained a new customer even though it's out of my way)but no luck this bloody thing is a one of a kind. So I'm still in for a weeks wait.

Now I still like the mower and **** does happen with mechanicals but I have to ask about how slack are Briggs & Stratton if it takes them a week to get a part from Melbourne to the Gold Coast in this day and age? It was ordered this morning at 9.00am,to me that should be shipped this arvo and up here by Tuesday latest, even on road freight.

To cap today off I just walked out to the beer fridge in the garage to hear one of the rear tyres on the ute hissing and going flat. And my wife wonders why I drink
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Page 15 of 72 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 LastLast